• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black/White Random Matches Ranking Useless!

PKMN Trainer Nick

PKMN Trainer
Years
  • In my opinion, this whole random matches online is totally useless. When you're winning, your opponent shuts down his/her ds, and you can't get any ranking points! Bunch of sore losers! And it frustrates me so much that I almost smashed my DSi. This whole ranking system is totally pointless and useless!

What's your opinion about this whole thing btw?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Yeah someone DCed on me yesterday. I was beating the tar out of him. My Mienshao faked out his Volcarona and I took it out with a stone edge. And my Forretress walled the crap out of his Metagross. And my Hydreigon was specs so it would've OHKOed his Salamence for sure. He DCed right when he found out about my Forretress.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • *shrugs* You just gotta hope that the person you face wont be a uhm..Party pooper? Lol. You got to hope they will be honorable and lose like true samurais..>_>. GOtta make sure you dont do that crap either >:O. Hopefully with the next game they will change it so that if they forfeit/DC it acts as if you win.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If the BW random matchup is useless, then why didn't you post this in the BW forum? -tosses-

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • You're unlucky because no one ever dced on me :(. I didn't battle that much, but so far it's like 10/10. Don't fight with only shinies against me or I dc hohoho.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Now that I brought over some of my White Pokémon to my Black version now I have the best of my two English teams. I've been rage quit on the past 3 matches and before I couldn't win before it.

Ah well, but I agree these ranking systems are stupid.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I hate when people disconnect. I just had someone disconnect..and they were winning. :|

I just had to though. I was in a triple battle, and they killed two of the three Pokemon on the field. I only had one Pokemon left to send out and it wouldn't let me. :/

I also disconnect when people are hacking. Somehow a Shuckle is faster than a Ninjask. Obvious hack is obvious.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    The ranking system is pointless? Lol punny. But yeah, it IS really annoying when someone DCs :/

PKMN Trainer Nick

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Hopefully with the next game they will change it so that if they forfeit/DC it acts as if you win.

That they really should, it won't be pointless anymore.

btw, can somebody tell me how can a gliscor miraculously survived an Outrage from a maxed out attack base, adament, life orb equipped Garchomp?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I can't complain seeing as my internet is iffy so I don;t know if it's me or the other person that quit. Though I'm still new to it. I almost one a Rotational Battle today but I went to pick up my DSi charger which was in the same extension cable as the router and the router fell and connection got lost. So I basically quit when I nearly won xD *sigh*

I like them though. It's a great new feature so you don;t need to rely on FCs and the unbeatable Frontier Wi-Fi teams xD The Rating option is good to so you can battle people of equal skill :) I just need more hold items and to get my team to level 100 so I can teach them competitive moves.

Years
  • Hehe, looks like some people have been introduced to online gaming.

Being a player of Fifa for years, this is nothing new to me unfortunately. You just have to get used to it.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    lol i faced someone and the had a wonder guard dragonite. they would've won if they didn't transform into my zapdos :). i luv noob hackers

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Getting dc'd is annyoing, and hacking is even worse. I don't do the Random Matchup because of how I 'don't get' competitive battling.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • What's dc'd?

Anyway, got my first Free win. Though the player didn't seem like a competitive one. You can trust those from the United Kingdom not to quit :D

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
    Years
  • It is stupid, yes. From what i found out though, when they decide to DC, their rank goes down, so its more their loss then yours i guess. It is anoying i imagine, but i cannot really say since i havnt had much experience with pokemon online.

However, if its anything like another team leaving the game because we are destroying them in Halo or something like that, yes, i know the feeling.

Just the other day i went in with only a couple pokemon barely in their 20's. I knew i was going to have my a** handed to me on a silver plater with a side humiliation, but i learned from that and saw that i will need to prep myself a bit more before i decide to go into the battles like that

Back