• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black/White Random Matches Ranking Useless!

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • I've only got close to winning once, and everyone else used either hacked pokemon or all OU that are EV'd. : (

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • omg.. my cousin ALWAYS uses hacked pokemon... I wish I can just break his action replay ds in half >.<

anyways, yeah... not worth it. another player just dc'd me as well. he had all ubers lv100 but I was still able to OHKO/2HKO-sweep his team with a typhlosion xD (I'm guessing he didn't ev train it). he disconnected me on his last pokemon. what a jerk =.=

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hmm...haven't done the random matchups yet. Or really any battling actually :P

But, I think i'll try it tommorow (would today but I have too much freaking homework -.-) some of these hacks that have been mentioned sound like complete fails.

I think if I could somehow get into battles with these hackers on purpose, i'd just hack insanely strong Magikarp into my game just so I can destroy them. Same goes for GTS (Oh, you want a lv9 or under Reshiram for your legit shiny ditto? Is this just so you can show it off? Well guess what? *hacks for a lv5 Reshiram* Bye bye Ditto ;P)

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i wouldn't know, because i only do free mode random matchup, but even so, it gets annoying with the hacked pokemon, and if they aren't hacked, its just cheap.

i've been able to beat varying trainers with my regular team and it always seems that i am severely outclassed, but i manage to pull out a win!(you ever see a Cinccino fell an Electivire?). but the hacking is just ridiculous, i've seen some battle videos with outrageous matchups like:

an entire party of Darkrai?!

a level 1 aron getting hit, sturdy kicks in, then it uses endeavor and bang! wipeout! then heals with a shell bell

full team of legendaries or super tough pokemon

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I hope I won't encounter ragequitters when I finally debut on the bigscreen :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hate when people disconnect. I just had someone disconnect..and they were winning. :|

I just had to though. I was in a triple battle, and they killed two of the three Pokemon on the field. I only had one Pokemon left to send out and it wouldn't let me. :/

I also disconnect when people are hacking. Somehow a Shuckle is faster than a Ninjask. Obvious hack is obvious.
    If that's the case than maybe it was simply their wi-fi and not them that caused the Dc...
    I hate hack trainers too...
    Wow talk about an obvious hack...if one's going to hack they should at least make it not so obvious...

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • I've had my share of rage-quitters. The game makes it too easy to get away with though.
    I've also had some quality folks that gave me some epic battles. If I can get them down to a single poke with 1 HP and they still win, I'm more than happy to let them get the full win.

It looks like I'm also not the only one who encountered obviously-hacked teams. It's too bad the system doesn't work better :/

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    a level 1 aron getting hit, sturdy kicks in, then it uses endeavor and bang! wipeout! then heals with a shell bell

That's actually just being clever/creative, not cheap in any way imo. ;-;

I'm not an avid WiFi battler myself but I find it fairly disappointing that they don't change your ranking due to D/Cs. People intentionally D/C to not lose ranking, so honestly if they D/C they should lose ranking. Yeah, you might have accidentally done it but hopefully you'll whip your router into shape next time so you don't lose ranking points.

I also wish people wouldn't take this ranking stuff so seriously. :(

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Bah, if people disconnect, it means that they've already lost.
    Disconnect = Surrender = Lose

People always disconnect me when they're about to lose.
    So, in other words, I always win.
    I never use hacked PKMN. If I happen to battle someone
    who does, I'll wipe them out with non-hacked PKMN.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • This is a major factor as you why 3rd party tournaments are set up all the time, both here on the forums and else where. ANY "random ranked match up" will always be filled with people who have awful attitudes, because there is no rule.

I personally love when I lose because that means I'll be placed against less powerful people and not completely destroyed, though I do battle so very rarely.

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
    Years
  • Bah, if people disconnect, it means that they've already lost.
    Disconnect = Surrender = Lose

People always disconnect me when they're about to lose.
    So, in other words, I always win.
    I never use hacked PKMN. If I happen to battle someone
    who does, I'll wipe them out with non-hacked PKMN.

I like how you put it. If they DC at the last moment when they are about to loose, then yeah, they gave up. I have successfully repeated what you just said.

Besides, I think it would be more fun to battle people I know, that way you can go back and work on each others flaws and reflect on each others strengths.

Learning from one another is a great way to learn how to battle if you ask me. Which is what i am hoping to accomplish here in the forums :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I find it more annoying when ur on pokecommunity and u have faulty wifi so in the middle of a battle or trade, your wifi cuts out and then u get abused. heaps. and then that person overreacts and bans u from there page and u havent even explained what happened yet! that was partly why i left pc for a while anyway!

Back