• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Blackened Night [Alpha 3.1] Final Alpha

How good was the alpha?

• Great keep it up!

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Good, needs work

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Needs lots of work to be good.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Crappy

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    not able to patch it, put in a link of the clean emerald rom you used. i tried 5 different ones that i downloaded, all clean roms and they all dont work. patching emerald roms is a pain in the ass :(

nice hack tho, seeing the screenshots

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Yo guys, so since Summer Splash is out I now can put my hacking time into this and from that(just this afternoons work) I have produced a nice new Alpha that fixes some pretty annoying bugs that kinda broke the game in some ways. For more info view the changelog provided!

DOWNLOAD Alpha 2.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zhwphemquh9gdd7/Blackened_Night_Alpha_2.1.zip

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Yo guys, so since Summer Splash is out I now can put my hacking time into this and from that(just this afternoons work) I have produced a nice new Alpha that fixes some pretty annoying bugs that kinda broke the game in some ways. For more info view the changelog provided!

DOWNLOAD Alpha 2.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zhwphemquh9gdd7/Blackened_Night_Alpha_2.1.zip

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Where does it end?

Years
  • Hi Joe, this hack is beautiful so far! I want to thank you again for helping me before~

Also, sadly I have another question, can you let me know where to find a leaf stone please? Thank you again!

Also, the female character blinks in and out of existence for some reason in the update.

Ok, purrlion is going to haunt my nightmares....I LOVE IT! This, if on purpose, is the best update ever! :D

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
  • Everyones favorite twin sister gym leaders are finally finished and in game!
    bPcXMdg.png

Beta 1(4 gym) is closing in soon folks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2019
    Some suggestions might be to take out some of the normal types in the first route. At least until you're able to catch other pokemon, if you chose the ghost starter.

Bugs I found so far:
    I'm also getting the female character blinking in and out with this update.
    I also couldn't get the pikachu event to work for me. When you click the trees the speech box starts to come up and then the game freezes. I had to go back to the last download and used that version and it worked. :)
    When he goes to give me the pichu, he tells me I have no room in my party, but I have only 5/6 pokemon. So I do /:
    I'll probably pause at this bug until it's fixed, but when I got to the fossil in the cave. It said obtained unknown fossil ( I believe ), but it didn't show it in my bag anywhere.

Last edited:

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    I can't wait for the next release. The game has so much effort put into it and its super fun.

Joexv

Years
  • Heyrro all my beautiful fans. Today Ibring you guys a nice big update!!
    It may not be a new Beta, but I've been really busy lately and havent had much time to work on BN as I've wanted to.

But without further a due

Blackened Night Alpha 3
    Download Alpha 3

Alpha 3 goes up to right before Shivern Village, ie end of Route 8

Changelog:
    Many many many bugs fixed. Including the Female invisible walking glitch.
    More hero/heroine sprites added, thanks to the great and fabulous Avaramoon!
    Fixed some music issues
    Grpahics fixes
    Pikachu forest fixed!

And just general fixes all round

I hope you guys enjoy this update and continue to support me and this game!​

Joexv

Years
  • Hey guys just a heads up, after some very intense testing today, turns out Alpha 3 breaks a lot of the games internal engine. Not really sure how, or what the hell I did to cause it, but play Alpha 3 at your own risk!!! Do NOT play saves from Alpha 2 on 3 or 3 on 2. Bad things may happen!

So until I figure out what caused these issue, Blackened Night will receive no updates.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    O ok man. Thanks for the warning. thou will still play it :D

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
  • Hey guys little update:
    I believe I've found the engine bugs revolving the exp curves in Alpha 3, but due to my lack of free time I haven't had any time to actually fix it.
    And now that I'm working 9-12 hours a day I dont really have any free time that I dont commit to sleep or the team hack off, so for the time being Blackened Night is gonna be on hold, probably till I move and go to only having one job.

Edit: Ok so I may just ditch Blackened night altogether. Maybe start a new project when I get the free time.
    I would like to say thanks to the supporters I've had over the years, but I've just restarted this hack too many times, and have lost all motivation to continue it.
    Hopefully my next hack will be better than this one!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Please Help Me!!!1 i cant pass the mission of the sky tower and the lunar wing, i dont know i can do or where to go
    Please HEEEEEELP MEEEEE!! i love this rom, Thanks! :)

sorry for my bad english

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2015
    on where is the room i try to look for it but i dont found the room please help me

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Iv just read about this in detail and wow it looks nice and serene for some reason i prefer the unusual :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Congratulations on your final release it must of been tiring to a degree. Thank You

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

If this is what you believe is right then be happy but dont think at all it was a failure if you did fail then thats only because you tried super hard and saw that. So i hope out of all this youve developed some growth in hacking and come back strong if you decide to discontinue this. Good luck

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    I have one error when i try to patch the pokemon esmerald, who is the base rom, esmerald? Cuz i can't patch it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back