• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Blistering Silver

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009

POKEMON BLISTERING SILVER

A new hack by GFS and Ray Maverick.
    Introduction
    Hello to all,my names GFS. I have been interested in the G/S/C games, ever since I have played them.Now I'm going to share with you my Pokemon Hack, which is a remake of Pokemon Silver. And please don't say that I copied anyone,as I have been wanting to make something like this ever since I relised that Nintendo wasn't going to make a Silver remake. so BONSAI!
    Rom Info
    Rom Base: Fire Red [BPRE] Language: English
    Story
    Well seeing as this is a Silver remake,I'll just post the plot summery here. Pokémon Gold and Silver take place in Johto,[14] a fictional region modeled after the Kansai and Tokai regions of Japan. This is one distinct region of many shown in the various Pokémon video games. It features a total of seven cities and three towns, along with different geographical locations and Routes connecting most locations to one another. Some areas are only accessible once the player learns a special ability or gains a special item; for instance, the player must acquire the HM Surf, which allows the character to ride certain Pokémon across the sea, in order to reach Cianwood City.[15] The silent protagonist of Pokémon Gold and Silver, called Gold, is a young boy who lives in New Bark Town. At the beginning of the games, players may choose either Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile as their starter Pokémon from Professor Elm.[11] In addition, his rival Silver will steal a Pokémon from Professor Elm and become the protagonist's rival, battling the player at certain points in the game to test the player's Pokémon.[8] The basic goal of the game is to become the best trainer in all of Johto and Kanto; which is done by raising Pokémon, completing the Pokédex, defeating the eight Gym Leaders in Johto for Gym Badges, and challenging the Elite Four and the Champion, and then defeating the eight Gym Leaders in Kanto. Finally, the player may face off against Red atop of Mt. Silver.[16] Also throughout the game, the player will have to battle against the forces of Team Rocket, a criminal organization that abuses Pokémon.[7]
    Features
    Note,this won't be a complete Silver remake, that would be boring, so I'm adding in little extras and new places.
    • New Rivals; New rivals in game to make this hack seem like less of a complete Silver remake ;)
    • New Areas; New areas to explore,even while you're still in Johto!
    • Catch every Pokemon; All Kanto,Johto and Hoean Pokemon available (No D\P\Pt seeing as this is a G\S\CS remake.)
    • Mini Games!; New mini games implemented by my brother S.U.R.F.
    • Movie Characters; Meet characters from the movies, like Arron.
    • Radio; Listen to a radio in select houses when you get a radio card!
    Media
    Pokemon Blistering Silver
    Video's
    None as of yet but comnig very soon!
    Support
    I am making a userbar as of this momnent so stay tuned
    Credits
    • Fanking Omega- New Tiles
    • zel 2.0- Insperation, overworlds
    • Mangius and CloneX25- Music
    Downloads
    Alpha 1 progress: Alpha 1 is currently not avalible at this moment. Check back later and you might have more luck. ;) Goodbye and happy hacking ------------------------------------------------ ~GFS~​

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    Why would Nintendo ever make a Silver Remake? G/S/C were great games don't get me wrong, but why start a new remake? It would make more sense to join an already existing remake rather than start a task that will probably never see a finished release.

Just my 2 cents, but I am sure that other people would agree with me.

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Why would Nintendo ever make a Silver Remake? G/S/C were great games don't get me wrong, but why start a new remake? It would make more sense to join an already existing remake rather than start a task that will probably never see a finished release.

Just my 2 cents, but I am sure that other people would agree with me.

The reason that I'm remaking Silver is because it is such a great game, and I would've loved playing it with enhanced graphics

*crap I posted the thread instead of editing it >.<

Poké!

And as the world ends...
    Years
    Nintendo would make a remake because:
    1) It would make money.
    2) They Remade Red and Green right?
    3) They're Nintendo.

But, on Topic: This sounds promising. I'd like to see some screenshots. And other graphics. :D

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    1) It would make money.
    3) They're Nintendo.

But, on Topic: This sounds promising. I'd like to see some screenshots. And other graphics. :D

I'm in the process of taking sceenshots as I have mapped up to Azalea Town already.
    I just need to start scripting.
    But I will bring screenies soon!

Poké!

And as the world ends...
    Years
    Great! I can't wait to see them. As I can't wait to get Platinum, DSi, and A flash cart for my DS.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    1) It would make money.
    3) They're Nintendo.

1. It would make money, but something new and fresh certainly make more money without a doubt

2. Red and blue, and I wouldn't exactly call them remakes, green was a completely new title

3. They are Nintendo

4. Game development is starting to head in new directions, Nintendo MIGHT make a revision of silver, but certainly not a remake.

I am just saying, that if you really want to play a remake of silver (because it is indeed a great game) then join a remake project that is already in the make. starting something from scratch which is a huge project, when there are already projects that are the same and way ahead of yours, need help if they are going to reach the finish line. A lot of game modders tend to take on projects that sound great, but rarely EVERY follow them through, especially TC's and remakes because they are much bigger than one generally anticipates.

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Well I finally got the sprite inserted and I started doing some scripts, so here is some screenies so this isn't super boring to look at;

Credit to zel 2.0 for the hero and heroine overworld.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Well I finally got the sprite inserted and I started doing some scripts, so here is some screenies so this isn't super boring to look at;

Credit to zel 2.0 for the hero and heroine overworld.
    Please no. Please not ShinyGold sprites. They're so overused. Make your own if you can. Everybody's sick of SG!(jk about that, but I am pretty much. It got to a uber lame point, and i'm a lost fan of it)
    Oh and another thought I think if you used the proper headbutt trees it would look a lot better. I know this is all a WIP, but just a thought for even the start.

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
    Please no. Please not ShinyGold sprites. They're so overused. Make your own if you can. Everybody's sick of SG!(jk about that, but I am pretty much. It got to a uber lame point, and i'm a lost fan of it)
    Oh and another thought I think if you used the proper headbutt trees it would look a lot better. I know this is all a WIP, but just a thought for even the start.

Who says they're headbut tree's?

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    You're still going to need a storyline and more features...
    Yup. I'll add it when I get a little more time

Don't worry about the SG sprites, I'll change them soon.
    And I quite like those trees as headbutt ones, so I'll probably keep them for now.

Who says they're headbut tree's?

It says it in the script

Ah so it's finally here then, well everything looks awesome so far.
    Good luck!!

Buizel 9 ~

Thanks mate :D

It says this tree could be headbutted.
    Damn right ;)

Poké!

And as the world ends...
    Years
    1. It would make money, but something new and fresh certainly make more money without a doubt
    2. Red and blue, and I wouldn't exactly call them remakes, green was a completely new title.
    3. They are Nintendo
    4. Game development is starting to head in new directions, Nintendo MIGHT make a revision of silver, but certainly not a remake.

1. Same. 2. Green was in Japan. Blue I don't believe was(in Japan). 3. My Point exactly. 4.You've got a point there.

Anywho... Nice screens! I like 'em. I hope to try this someday.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    1. Same. 2. Green was in Japan. Blue I don't believe was(in Japan). 3. My Point exactly. 4.You've got a point there.

Green was in Japan, but Blue was the third version of Red and Green in Japan. Blue was the second version of Red in the US, and is different from the Japan Blue.

Don't worry about the SG sprites, I'll change them soon.
    And I quite like those trees as headbutt ones, so I'll probably keep them for now.
    Well, you should resize them. Maybe so they don't overlap and only take up one tile? idk atm

Last edited:

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    this looks really good so far
    maybe you should aim for a crystal remake because crystal was alot better than gold and silver
    and how did you get the backround for the titles and stuff

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Wow this is a nice G/S/C remake, i can't wait too see afew more screens.
    GL ~

Well your wish is about to come true ;).

Thanks, it really means a lot to me when people say good things about the hack.:D

Green was in Japan, but Blue was the third version of Red and Green in Japan. Blue was the second version of Red in the US, and is different from the Japan Blue.

Well, you should resize them. Maybe so they don't overlap and only take up one tile? idk atm

I'll think about it.

this looks really good so far
    maybe you should aim for a crystal remake because crystal was alot better than gold and silver
    and how did you get the backround for the titles and stuff

Nah,Silver was by far the better game, because of Lugia :D.
    And the backgrounds is made by CSS, ask RaiRaiKun. about it.

Blistering Silver? No Fakemon? I like this hack already.

Thanks, but you might be turned around if you look at this hack.

Well I got some more game time and I'm now off to map the last of the routes, and the insides, but here is a spoiler to keep you all satisfied ;).

Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    This project looks promising. I hope you can stick with it. Good luck xD

Back