• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I had the same bug already what Rayquaza, i fought with lotad on lv3 and when red hp shows it messed up the same. And i have Win7

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I had the same bug already what Rayquaza, i fought with lotad on lv3 and when red hp shows it messed up the same. And i have Win7

That's weird because I battled other pokemon and didn't have trouble, does it happen when you battle trainers? it doesn't for me. It happened whenever I battled level 4 pokemon and got them down to yellow or red.

I tried it in compatibility mode and on win 7 as well >_>

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Guys, I just want to let you know that I found out what was causing the error, and that I have fixed it. For some reason, still unknown to me, sometimes in a wild battle (seems to be somewhat random), the game is trying to show the opponent trainer sprite (lol), even though it doesn't exist. To prevent this from happening, I just added some checks so that it does not try to do some fancy animations with the trainer sprite when there is no actual trainer. Sorry about that. I shall be fixing the other stuff as well, and post a rectified version of the demo.

[EDIT] Actually, I changed my mind. Since there are no new/additional files needed for the fix, I'm just going to release it in the form of a small patch. That way, you don't need to download big files.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Ok, so I have prepared a patch for the demo I released not too long ago. This patch addresses the following issues

Battle System bugfixes:
- screen no longer scrolls left when wild Pokemon reaches low health
- capturing Pokemon works
- Pokedex entry displays after wild Pokemon is caught
- bag works properly in battle
- learning new moves now works

Bag System bugfixes
- can use item on Pokemon (visual)
- can give item to Pokemon (visual)

Other bugfixes
- Treecko no longer evolves at lv6
- your team gets healed during the boat ride
- something I may have forgotten

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Firstly, bugs aside, this is incredible. It's also really cool of you to release the demo. A lot of devs probably just leave their games when they aren't working on them anymore.

Second, in the download, you left a lot of your resource folders from RMXP. Is it safe to assume that we cannot use resources like the tilesets, or can we?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Going to Releases recourses for Pokemon Essentials 14 ?
I would love to see your battle UI !

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Second, in the download, you left a lot of your resource folders from RMXP. Is it safe to assume that we cannot use resources like the tilesets, or can we?

I was just waiting for this to come up. For some reason I wasn't able to compile any of the graphics or audio resources, which isn't really a big deal. The graphics for the interfaces were designed for this game only, and will not really fit standard essentials, as most of the interface coding is my own. Anyway, that aside. I would prefer it if people not use my stuff since it is not public. The tilesets, sure you can do with them as you please (since I haven't made any of the tiles myself, i just compiled them). Same goes for any of the rips from the official games. Or any other resource that is public anyway (such as the audio files as well). But everything that I created for Blue Chrome specifically, should stay with Blue Chrome.

I'd ask that people respect this. I don't want to be regreting this demo release.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Not to mention if anyone did take the resources and showcased a game with them every member here would just batter them until they got rid of them, since they're so distinct and this game is pretty well known.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
Not to mention if anyone did take the resources and showcased a game with them every member here would just batter them until they got rid of them, since they're so distinct and this game is pretty well known.

I can imagine his biggest worry wouldn't be the stealing of resources but instead someone stealing his scripts.

His game is the most polished fangame i've seen to date, and that's mostly because the presentation is much better than most fangames.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I was just waiting for this to come up. For some reason I wasn't able to compile any of the graphics or audio resources, which isn't really a big deal. The graphics for the interfaces were designed for this game only, and will not really fit standard essentials, as most of the interface coding is my own. Anyway, that aside. I would prefer it if people not use my stuff since it is not public. The tilesets, sure you can do with them as you please (since I haven't made any of the tiles myself, i just compiled them). Same goes for any of the rips from the official games. Or any other resource that is public anyway (such as the audio files as well). But everything that I created for Blue Chrome specifically, should stay with Blue Chrome.

I'd ask that people respect this. I don't want to be regreting this demo release.

Alright. I was really only hoping to use the tile sets anyways. Awesome job on the game.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I can imagine his biggest worry wouldn't be the stealing of resources but instead someone stealing his scripts.

It's things like this that discourage me (and many other people) from releasing any of our work, lol. I sincerely hope this situation does not happen around here. Just wanted to show you that stuff like this happens.

Btw, with regards to the game. I might actually release another patch for the game, which unlocks some gameplay content, and fixes some other bugs that have been brought to my attention.

Years
Whoa this looks really good! Could rival Phoenix Rising, well it is better at the moment seeing as you actually release demos! Good job :)

Years
Teaching a pokemon a move from levling by rare candy bugs the game and says: 'BitmapCache' Line 404: Runtime Error occured. Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/category

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
There aren't any Rare Candies for you to obtain in the game. So thanks for decompressing the game, and using Debug to play through it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
There aren't any Rare Candies for you to obtain in the game. So thanks for decompressing the game, and using Debug to play through it.

There is a way to start the rgss player in debug mode without decompressing / editing the scripts.

I'm not saying he did that, but it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back