• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I must say it is a great attemp but as ~JV~ said, it looks like Morty.
    But that ain't a problem for me. I'm just happy that you find you're own hero.
    Any idea how the heroïne is going to be?

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
    Years
  • The 'Official Seal Of Awesomeness'? LOL!
    Anyway, I'm glad you replaced the Frontier...I always hated it....well not really, but I don't like it very much.....

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    I'm a total newbie when it comes to this whole game developing thing.. so please don't make fun of me (hell, who am i kidding? newbies are meant to be made fun of! ;P) but anyway this game is going to be awesome! its got a really cool story line... and the graphics are looking really good. can't wait to see it finished

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
  • The Sprite is great and all, but it does look like morty. You could use kyle's sprites on his public sprite thread for reference.
    For example-
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

and
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

were made like that by me.

But no matter what, we wont hold your decision against you.

Last edited:

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
  • Zurr, I just noticed, whats that Pokemon next Gen thing in your sig that has Blue Chrome and other games in it?

Im glad you saw it, but don't post it here. This isn't the place for it. Post it as a VM.

EDIT: There, its a VM.

Years
  • I'm still very new at spriting and would need some help with making this into a running, surfing, using pokeball and trainer sprite. I've just completed the full walking sheet.

I could help with that. I've made many sprites in the past and a few of which were male and female OW sprites with those animations. I haven't sprited in a while though but I just recently picked it back up.

P.S: I PMed you ;D

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Guys, thanks for the constructive comments. The headband might seem related to Morty, but the actual design and hairstyle and rest, I don't see a very big resemblance. Anyways, I'll be sticking with this one for now.

As for the game, I have implemented the Key Item registration toggle on the main menu, and pimped up the bag system a bit more. I've added also the little feature of notifications on the main menu, to indicate if something new has happened with your systems and things.
    Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

The turquoise button is not the mail button but is a pocket for the newest feature this game will have. I have decided to abandon the use of HM moves and their ability to be used in the field (except Fly and Surf since they are the two key ones). All the HMs have been turned into TM moves (except for the two mentioned ones). Their replacement will be a set of 16 Gadgets. Gadgets will act as tools in field to overcome obsticles. For example, a Hammer Gadget will be used to smash rocks instead of the Rock Smash HM, and a Flashlight will serve to brighten up dark caves. I will post more details an some screenshots once I get rid of my remaining bugs.

Last edited:

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
    Years
  • I like the idea of gadgets instead of moves. Are they only useable once (meaning you must buy 3 or 4 depending on how much times you want to use them), or are they like key items. And can you use them if you dont a badge?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • No. They are like Key Items, meaning they are reusable. Although some of the Gadgets will need to be recharged once used. They don't require any badges, all that is need is to posses them. This enables me to put in more obstacles in the game, as there are 4 regions, so it should be more complex to play through them, instead of just having 8 and then skimming through the rest of them.

V0RT3X

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    nice thinking of the gadgets, it also gives the player the oppertunity to take his whole team trough the regions witouth a HM-slave:D

nice thinking

pS: i think those trees of 1 tiles are strange, they look like big trees but in a smaller version, like bonzay (not sure is this is correct) trees. Just saying, maybe you could change them that it looks like the tree is like one year old or something like that.

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2011
    Touch

Hmm I've a question:
    Will you game support Mouse functions?
    I mean touch with the mous(like emulator).
    Because I can't see that on any screen.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Wird dein Spiel Maus unterstützen?
    Also wie beim Emulator wo die Maus den Stift ersetzte.
    Weil man das noch nicht auf deinen Screens erkennen konnte,
    -------------------------------------------------
    Virus21 aka ToxinX

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    pS: i think those trees of 1 tiles are strange, they look like big trees but in a smaller version, like bonzay (not sure is this is correct) trees. Just saying, maybe you could change them that it looks like the tree is like one year old or something like that.
    They are the headbutt trees from G/S/HG/SS.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hmm I've a question:
    Will you game support Mouse functions?
    I mean touch with the mous(like emulator).
    Because I can't see that on any screen.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Wird dein Spiel Maus unterstützen?
    Also wie beim Emulator wo die Maus den Stift ersetzte.
    Weil man das noch nicht auf deinen Screens erkennen konnte,
    -------------------------------------------------
    Virus21 aka ToxinX

Why dont you think for a moment now. What would be the point of a second screen if it wouldnt be compatible with the mouse. I believe that somewhere I already stated that this game will take a full advantage of the mouse and the keyboard since it is a computer game. Not only does this game feature the left click of the mouse, but uses all of the mouse's capabities. This means thatthis game features both left and right click (even the middle mouse click), hovering over objects and drag and drop functionality.

V0RT3X

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    They are the headbutt trees from G/S/HG/SS.
    Sorry, i didn't know that.

I've never played G/S/C/HG or SS. But i'm planning on playing SS when the english version comes out.

Boogieman900

The bringer of PIE!
    Years
  • The turquoise button is not the mail button but is a pocket for the newest feature this game will have. I have decided to abandon the use of HM moves and their ability to be used in the field (except Fly and Surf since they are the two key ones). All the HMs have been turned into TM moves (except for the two mentioned ones). Their replacement will be a set of 16 Gadgets. Gadgets will act as tools in field to overcome obsticles. For example, a Hammer Gadget will be used to smash rocks instead of the Rock Smash HM, and a Flashlight will serve to brighten up dark caves. I will post more details an some screenshots once I get rid of my remaining bugs.

One question what about strength will you be keeping those rocks or scrapping them because i remember in LG there was a puzzle and the only thing you need was strength to solve it so will you have an item for that or will it be scrapped just asking

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • One question what about strength will you be keeping those rocks or scrapping them because i remember in LG there was a puzzle and the only thing you need was strength to solve it so will you have an item for that or will it be scrapped just asking

Of course I won't be ditching things like that. Those are (in my opinion) necessary segments of the game which makes it more of a challenge to play. I'm keeping all the HM field effects, I just said that I'm converting them into usable gadgets instead of HMs (except for Surf and Fly). On top of that I will be adding more, to bring a total of 16 Gadgets and playable obstacles for 4 regions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back