• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon Blue disobeying pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2020
    Yeah, so I'm tinkering around with pokemon blue
    and I'm making it harder, changing all wild and trainer owned
    pokemon and making the gym leaders and E4 new characters,
    basically making a new game within my abilities.

Anyways, I hit a snag that's kinda annoying, since the rate
    at which you level up your pokemon is higher than normal the
    whole thing with pokemon traded to you not obeying you
    is rearing it's ugly head, is there anyway be it something I
    can change in the hex that would disable it? Or at the
    very least change all of the points at which they start to disobey 100?

Also, a little thing, but is there anyway to make it
    so that if you get say a Machoke in a trade from an npc to make
    it evolve? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Here's a very simple but silly solution that only involves a flag switch. Make the very first badge you get be the 'final' one that let's all traded mons obey. It's not like it really matters what order you get the badges. Alternative, harder route is you could try researching with breakpoints on a debugger what variables change when you get a badge, might get lucky and find an obey variable.

NPC traded mons don't evolve? That sucks. Wait, shouldn't it do that by default, in the Japanese blue NPC traded mons evo, and in English Yellow you get a Machoke that evolves on trade. Did you test and it didn't work?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2020
    Yeah, the Machoke that I get in a trade didn't evolve.
    The problem with having the last gym be first is that
    his team would have five pokemon, unless there is a way
    to change the amount of pokemon on a trainer's team.

Mudkip's tool only lets you change what pokemon they have not
    how many.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Ah, I didn't mean change the trainer, I meant change the gym flags around (would look something like 'FE' and 'F1') so Brock's battle unlocks last badge instead. :P I don't know the exact locations of the two gym battle scripts, but I think you can likely find it (and the flags!) by looking at the Red Disassembly (It isn't very different from Blue, I think). Then you could edit it in a hex editor.

And it's weird it didn't evolve. My simple (cop out) solution would be just to trade the evolved version.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, in gen 1, the obedience is controlled by a bit in the Pokemon data structure. I'm completely not sure though, going off of something I read somewhere I don't remember :D

Back