• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Blue Help

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    Hey guys,
    I need some help with pokemon blue-I play it first time in my life.

I would like to know if there is any way to make clones of the pokemon..like in other games with a pokemon+dito.

Also I am stuck at Fuchsia City where the safari zone is..and I can't reach Seafom islands + Cinabar Island.What should I do now? Is going to safari zone a must in order to reach the whole map.?

Where do I get SURF from?

Finally how many worlds are there in this game? only one??

Thanking in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    only one region in this game, Surf is in the safari zone, you receieve it as a reward for reaching, uh, some house thing. You also find golden teeth in the safari zone which you give to the warden to receive strength. You cannot breed pokemon in these games and I dont recomend trying to clone.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    So i'll enter the Safari..Thanks.

And how do I go to Saffron city?
    All the roads to it are closed.

I searched the Safari zone but couldn't find SURF..I entered all the houses and talked to everyone :(

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • And how do I go to Saffron city?
    All the roads to it are closed.

Buy a drink (Fresh Water, Soda, or Lemonade) from the vending machines at the very top of Celadon Department Store. When you try to enter the gate with one in your bag, the guard will stop you and take it. After that, the gates should be open.

I searched the Safari zone but couldn't find SURF..I entered all the houses and talked to everyone :(

You most likely didn't actually find the Surf house. Ignore all of the houses but work your way towards the very back corner of the Safari Zone. (It may take you a few tries to get there.) The house you're looking for is facing a lake (not the big one you see when you enter) and is surrounded by Pokemon statutes. Inside, you'll find a man standing alone in the middle of a room filled with machinery.

Edit: If it helps, when you get into the Safari Zone, take the east exit. Go up the map and pass the house, then go around to take the northwest exit. The next exit you're given, if I recall correctly, is the southwest exit. In the next map, go along the north side, and you should be able to find the house. (Although this is from memory, so I may be missing a step or two.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    Reaching the house is hard in the beggining, but if you've been there a couple of times or more, you'll be able to get there faster.

Back