• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Blue Ocean Version

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    I've always thought that this hack was particularly interesting, and I have to say that the map are redone quite well! They look very playable, and they resemble the old areas enough to keep a nostalgic feel. This could be really fun if the scripts are on par with the mapping.

AlfaTyrogue

Swag.
    Years
  • I think the maps are very, very good remakes. They seem realistic and recognizable, but at some times they get too many details.
    Sometimes I think you should keep it simple, like Pallet Town for example. Why all those hills? I think at some times they really add the finishing touch on certain places and make them more interesting, but at other times they get overused and makes the map look overdetailed.
    Keep the simplicity from FR/LG would be my advise for you.
    On the other hand, you have some great work with tiles and alternate routes to take.
    Really adds some new stuff to the game :)

Keep up the good work but make it good and simple! That will really require some skill, which I can clearly see you have.

Years
  • My god! This hack looks so epic!
    I love the maps and the forest looks amazing.
    Mt.Moon is similar which is good because i would get lost, big time :P
    Can't wait for an english release. I'm supporting this :)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    I must say that this looks absolutely jaw-droppingly amazing! I wish I would have checked this out earlier.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    I've been working on a hack of blue version for quite some time. Seeing this is really cool and inspiring. I really like what has been done and I find it very interesting. I would love to play this game. Can we keep it down to 151 in the main island? That would be very nice.

Looking good. Can't wait to play.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • A Blue remake? Hmm, I'm honestly wondering whether this should be in the Sideshow Showcase, since all you're really doing is changing the graphics in Fire Red. :\
    Anyway, some of the tiles kinda clash. The houses in Pallet Town, for instance, look really out of place n contrast with the trees and mountains.
    Sprites could use some work too. The back of Red's hair on the back sprite look pretty flat, and green/Blue...Idk there's just something about him that looks off.
    Anyway, good luck.

Back