• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Breeders Unite!! ~~ Pokemon Breeders Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • I picked up a foreign ditto on wonder trade a few days back. The IVs on it are pretty bad, but it can certainly be useful for Masuda Method shiny breeding.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • I have a question about perfect IVs. I was releasing my plethora of eevees not too long ago and I realized that one of them had all his stats at 6 unlike a lot of my others who have at least one 5. Does that mean his stats are 'perfect'? If not, what's considered perfect?

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • I'm so sorry! My computer had to be wiped, and so... yeah.

Anywho, welcome to the club, both of you! I'll update the members section soon, don't worry.

And I also managed to get a German Frogadier, and an English Braixen for whoever would like one.

As for IV breeding, you can go to Pokecheck.org and follow the instructions there to upload your Pokemon in order to check it's IVs. It ain't fun, IV breeding. It ain't fun.

And, one more thing, totally unrelated, if someone could tell me why the heck I have a massive Gourgeist, I'd be appreciative. It's about twice as big, and I got her as a Pumpkaboo and she evolved, which was pretty neat. But I'd gotten two Pumpkaboo that day, and I have no idea why she's so much bigger.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • I'm so sorry! My computer had to be wiped, and so... yeah.

Anywho, welcome to the club, both of you! I'll update the members section soon, don't worry.

And I also managed to get a German Frogadier, and an English Braixen for whoever would like one.

As for IV breeding, you can go to Pokecheck.org and follow the instructions there to upload your Pokemon in order to check it's IVs. It ain't fun, IV breeding. It ain't fun.

And, one more thing, totally unrelated, if someone could tell me why the heck I have a massive Gourgeist, I'd be appreciative. It's about twice as big, and I got her as a Pumpkaboo and she evolved, which was pretty neat. But I'd gotten two Pumpkaboo that day, and I have no idea why she's so much bigger.

Serebii says the size of pumpkaboo is based on /how/ you found it, but i don't know what that means. The form can't be changed though so you'll always have big pumpkaboo! I got all the sizes from wonder trade

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I have a question about perfect IVs. I was releasing my plethora of eevees not too long ago and I realized that one of them had all his stats at 6 unlike a lot of my others who have at least one 5. Does that mean his stats are 'perfect'? If not, what's considered perfect?

An untrained Pokemon's stats are comprised of two components:
    • base stats - these are set per species, i.e. all Pikachu have the same base stats, all Axew have the same base stats, etc. You can find these online, on sites like bulbapedia or serebii. They can't be changed.
    • individual values - known as IVs. These are set per Pokemon, i.e. my Pikachu will have different IVs from your Pikachu or any other Pikachu. Each Pokemon has an IV of 0 to 31 in each of its six stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. These are randomly generated when you catch or breed your Pokemon, and also can't be changed once the Pokemon was caught or bred. They are then scaled to the Pokemon's level and added to the base stats, that's how my Pikachu will have different stats that other Pikachu, even though they are the same species.

For example, here are two Munna I caught in the Dream Radar: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111649 and https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111646. If you look at the Stats box, you can see that the Base stats are exactly the same, but the IVs are different. This is how those two Munna, even though they are at the same level, have different stats (those are in the Stat column). The higher the IVs, the higher stats of course, and what people refer to as perfect Pokemon are those who have IVs of 31 all around.

For reference, https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6510761 is a perfect Eevee, while https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6620124 has average IVs. As you can see, they both only have one stat at 5, and it's the stat that is lowered because of their Natures. My guess is that your Eevee who has 6 all around has a neutral Nature, such as Hardy, Docile, Bashful, Quirky or Serious, doesn't it?

Bottom line is, the higher the level, the easier it is to calculate a Pokemon's IVs, because they are more noticeable. For a level 1 Pokemon, you can either upload them to pokecheck like Maelstrom said, but since you can't do that with X/Y yet, your best bet is to go to the Battle Institute in Lumiose with those Pokemon. They will be automatically level to level 50, and while in battle, go to their summary page and input the species, Nature, characteristic and stats in an IV calculator, like http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx.

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
    Years
  • An untrained Pokemon's stats are comprised of two components:
    • base stats - these are set per species, i.e. all Pikachu have the same base stats, all Axew have the same base stats, etc. You can find these online, on sites like bulbapedia or serebii. They can't be changed.
    • individual values - known as IVs. These are set per Pokemon, i.e. my Pikachu will have different IVs from your Pikachu or any other Pikachu. Each Pokemon has an IV of 0 to 31 in each of its six stats, HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. These are randomly generated when you catch or breed your Pokemon, and also can't be changed once the Pokemon was caught or bred. They are then scaled to the Pokemon's level and added to the base stats, that's how my Pikachu will have different stats that other Pikachu, even though they are the same species.

For example, here are two Munna I caught in the Dream Radar: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111649 and https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6111646. If you look at the Stats box, you can see that the Base stats are exactly the same, but the IVs are different. This is how those two Munna, even though they are at the same level, have different stats (those are in the Stat column). The higher the IVs, the higher stats of course, and what people refer to as perfect Pokemon are those who have IVs of 31 all around.

For reference, https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6510761 is a perfect Eevee, while https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=6620124 has average IVs. As you can see, they both only have one stat at 5, and it's the stat that is lowered because of their Natures. My guess is that your Eevee who has 6 all around has a neutral Nature, such as Hardy, Docile, Bashful, Quirky or Serious, doesn't it?

Bottom line is, the higher the level, the easier it is to calculate a Pokemon's IVs, because they are more noticeable. For a level 1 Pokemon, you can either upload them to pokecheck like Maelstrom said, but since you can't do that with X/Y yet, your best bet is to go to the Battle Institute in Lumiose with those Pokemon. They will be automatically level to level 50, and while in battle, go to their summary page and input the species, Nature, characteristic and stats in an IV calculator, like http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx.

Hope I helped :)

You did help! Thank you; i'm just not quite sure I get the idea behind 'perfect' but that's my fault, I need to do more research. I appreciate it.

Tek

Years
  • There are a couple of guides on gamefaqs that have to do with EV training hotspots. They go into great detail about natures and IVs as well as breeding methods. The EV training hotspot guide for pokemon black/white version actually has a diagram showing how to get an 'ideal' poke through breeding. Just thought I'd share since I have found them to be so useful :]

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Okay okay where do I start.. Sorry, its my first time joining a club and i chose this one to be my first cause it looks awesome. Okay here we go!

Username: Marionz

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: All perfect/penta/quadra flawless IV pokemons i've bred so far. Either through RNG-ing or the normal method. But I love Electivire. He's my treasure.

Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Electavire, Raichu, Jolteon

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details):
    Electavire "ThunderFur" Lv.100 Male (Shiny)
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Moveset: Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Cross Chop/Earthquake
    IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    EV: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed
    Description: This guy is my most loved and prized possession back on my Platinum days. I used ThunderFur (sorry his nick) in every battle I engaged in. Got him through RNG abuse and raised him to battle E4 and online battles. I really love this guy, sadly he's gone now cause needed funds for Pokemon Y game so I cleared my save and sold the game... I miss him now that I think about him. Maybe someday I will get him reincarnated.

Answer to the Current Topic:
    Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required:
    Yes

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Welcome to the club, Marionz! You should definitely try and bring back your Electivire, with the changes to breeding mechanics in gen 6, it'll be a lot easier to breed it, even without abusing the RNG ;)

Thought I'd share my progress in my current breeding project: 5V Staryu, optional Shiny.

I started with an average Staryu that I fished up in my game, and a Japanese Ditto with perfect Sp. Attack and Speed. As soon as I got a 3V Staryu, I changed the parents, so now I'm using Staryu CDS* and another foreign Ditto HB. After breeding a full box, I ended up with four 4V Staryu, and I'll be swapping the parents again to increase my chances to get a 5V baby.

Not sure if I should insist to get a Shiny, since the odds are still very low, even with the Masuda Method. By the way, I noticed that getting good foreign Ditto is quite easy with the new GTS. You can filter out the people asking for legendaries, so no more crazy requests for Xerneas or Yveltal pop up + you can only choose to display Pokemon from a different region than yours, and only those requests for Pokemon you have.

* - I'm using the HABCDS notation, where H - perfect HP, A - perfect Attack and so on. Basically, Staryu HBCS means a 31/x/31/31/x/31, i.e. a Staryu with perfect HP, Defense, Special Attack and Speed. Oh, and nV means a Pokemon with n perfect IVs.

Tek

Years
  • Go for the shiny! Shiny Staryu are neat. Although it's already pretty good at 4V. I would've stopped at CDS Staryu lol, I generally go for 3V unless it's something really special.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    yes i always see that "nV" thing whenever i go to GTS. But I don't trust what other people says yet, unless gamefreak decided to put an additional feature in the GTS wherein you can get a summary of the pokemon they're trading so as to at least calculate it for ourselves.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Go for the shiny! Shiny Staryu are neat. Although it's already pretty good at 4V. I would've stopped at CDS Staryu lol, I generally go for 3V unless it's something really special.

I just might go for shiny! And actually, it is really special, since it's going to be a gift for a friend ^_^

yes i always see that "nV" thing whenever i go to GTS. But I don't trust what other people says yet, unless gamefreak decided to put an additional feature in the GTS wherein you can get a summary of the pokemon they're trading so as to at least calculate it for ourselves.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to see a better summary of the Pokemon on the GTS as well, right now we only have name, gender and level, that doesn't say much. At least they gave us those notes you can write in gen 6, and while I trust people and think the vast majority won't try to scam others, it only takes one bad experience until you can't trust anybody on the GTS anymore.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    There is this one japanese guy who's claiming that his ditto has 6v and is trading it for a Yveltal... fortunately for me i got an extra from the GTS so i traded it away only to find out that his ditto was a trash.. i released it but i never remembered his name cause its japanese so now i don't trust anyone in the GTS anymore..

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • Username: Typhon

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: My near perfect Charmander! It has an amazing Modest nature <3

Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Flare the Marcargo (Helps with my daily breeding ^_^)

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details):

Spr_5b_004.png

Charmander Lv.1 / Male
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Blaze
    Move set: Scratch, Growl
    IVs: 31 | X | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31​

Answer to the Current Topic: Do you think breeding will change in X/Y? From what I've played, breeding hasn't changed much. If at all, I think it's gotten easier! <3 But before yeah, I was sure they were gonna do something to change the breeding mechanic and they've changed a few small things. :)

Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required:
    I'll be participating! <3 I'll have a lovely pancake soon with an egg move! ~

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Welcome to the club, Typhon! Your Charmander is amazing! The perfect nature too, that's great! Is it RNGed, or did you breed it the standard way?

Breeding has gotten easier in gen 6, thanks to Destiny Knot, that ensures that 5 IVs from either parent will be passed down. Here's a list of changes to the breeding mechanics BTW :)

I was really excited about being able to pass down the mother's ball for the offspring, but sadly it doesn't work in a genderless x Ditto pairing, so all my Staryu were hatched in standard Poke Balls.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
  • Wow. Just wow.

3 new members. I didn't think this club would get all this attention, seeing as I can't find anybody on the internet who does as much breeding as I do.

Well, I'm off to update the members section!

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Typhon! Your Charmander is amazing! The perfect nature too, that's great! Is it RNGed, or did you breed it the standard way?

Breeding has gotten easier in gen 6, thanks to Destiny Knot, that ensures that 5 IVs from either parent will be passed down. Here's a list of changes to the breeding mechanics BTW :)

I was really excited about being able to pass down the mother's ball for the offspring, but sadly it doesn't work in a genderless x Ditto pairing, so all my Staryu were hatched in standard Poke Balls.
    I used the Destiny Knot! :D
    I bred a few, and a lucky Modest one popped out! :)

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Oh, that was lucky, congrats!

I like to use the Everstone as soon as I get a baby with the nature I want, right now I'm breeding a Timid Staryu holding an Everstone and Ditto with Destiny Knot.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
    Years
  • Current Topic: What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Uhh, I bred a shiny Eevee in X for no reason. I just had a JPN male and bred it with my female Eevee and in 20 eggs, boom! Shiny Eevee. Also last night I had to hatch 16 eggs to get a single female Meditite and then bred her with my male Kadabra so that her offspring could get Psycho Cut. One of the babies came out with a perfect 31 IVs in attack so woo!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Definitely my current project, since this is the first time that I actually have a goal in mind, and I have a bit of experience from the casual breeding I did in B2/W2. I'm currently at 3+ boxes of Staryu, so 100ish I'd say, and so far I have 6 babies with four perfect IVs and a bunch with three perfect IVs, thanks to Destiny Knot ^^

Savant, congrats on your Shiny Eevee! That's some twisted luck you got there though, it took you 20 eggs to get a shiny (odds being 1/1365) and 16 eggs to get a female (odds being 1/2)!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back