• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
  • Alright i accept your challenge and i'll start working on it immidatetly. If i can't do it tht sucks because i would rly like 2 see him riding a unicycle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    And rampaging Tauros? If you run into a person on it they either go flying (random NPCs) or just shout OUCH (people blocking your way for a purpose)

Or just all ouch

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • And rampaging Tauros? If you run into a person on it they either go flying (random NPCs) or just shout OUCH (people blocking your way for a purpose)

Or just all ouch

it's hard enough fitting hiro into te 16x16 box
    and that stuff would need scripting i dont know how to do

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Good luck with the unicycle :P

i've had a few unsucessful gokart attempts :(

Working on my surfing sprite again, the sideways one is proving a little bit difficult :S
    I'll post as soon as i'm finished :)
    i think for the moving ones i'm just gonna use the same sprite but one pixel down so it bobs as it moves :)

Double post but this deserves a bump!!

I have now uploaded BETA 1! see the downloads section on the first post

also, included in this beta is the new surf sprite, now fully working!
    Pokemon: Bright Gold

Last edited by a moderator:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Awesome! I haven't played it yet, but I've downloaded it. I have a question though: You added Virdian Forest and several others, but how did you add them without replacing another map? If you did replace a different map, please tell me!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Awesome! I haven't played it yet, but I've downloaded it. I have a question though: You added Virdian Forest and several others, but how did you add them without replacing another map? If you did replace a different map, please tell me!

I removed the top floor of the pokemon centre, along with the time warp room , the colloseum and the trade centre, this gave me 4 maps to use
    there are also some unused maps within the game i.e. the safari zone.

Which legends are obtainable in this beta?

In theory you could get Articuno with the Master Ball
    currently the other 2 birds are just a defaulted person event - woman in red with a headband, talking to them will result in the credits rolling and the player being sent to mount silver pokemon centre :P

found an error whilst beta testing for myself, even after i edited a map to try testing beyond Ilex Forest, because i edited the Safari Zone's gate, which i now know is a template zone, the gate out of Ilex Forest is broken and it becomes a grey map where the player cannot move.
    that should be fixed at some point, even if i have to restart

should i need to restart what do i really need to edit?
    bit of text
    couple of maps i already have the images of
    surf sprite i can copy from existing pics
    bulbasaur event
    legendary bird events wont need copying due to my laurence III idea :P

anybody think it would be cool if i didnt use laurence III and instead i used the fleeing birds to my advantage - what if the objective was to scare them off and take an egg from the nest containing a lv 5 version of the bird :P

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • ^Yeah, I like the idea of Legendary Bird Eggs! Anyway, do you think I could beta test? I've already found some mistakes while playing...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Please post any mistakes you find in the opening section of my game

and that error in Ilex is almost handy

it basically ends the beta for me :)

2 badges is probably enough for the beta :P

p.s Melash, you still want me as a beta tester for your hack?

EDIT: UPDATE: I've fixed the error in Ilex with the gate map but still don't know what i did wrong with the problem of CUT not being given to the player :S
    the rom crashed at the 3rd city's pokemon centre because i removed the time capsule event :S
    Its half 10 here in the UK so im gonna hit the sack
    Next time i work on the ROM im gonna use the bill event in the 3rd city as Bulbasaurs flag and then I'll change his dialogue in goldenrod! :)
    that should fix the crash there and remove the time capsule's existance :)

Keep up the testing guys
    and i think i'll put an item ball somewhere for the Cut HM
    maybe down the well with team rocket?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    What did you change for those two badges though, I don't really see much you could do

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Um, I beat ur rival in cherrygrove and the 2 trainers battling r still battling...

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2012
    im playing this hack, and its great! charmander is a decent starter and its really strong. The only glitch ive come accross is that when you enter the first route, and enter the building north, you cant exit it. In fact, you cant really do anything, so you're stuck...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • What did you change for those two badges though, I don't really see much you could do

I've changed the starter to be Charmander, I've added the Bulbasaur Event in New Bark (i need to change the text at some point) and some silver exclusives are lurking about :P
    the point of this was to show the differences in the beginning :P

Um, I beat ur rival in cherrygrove and the 2 trainers battling r still battling...

did you go and give the egg to Elm?
    if yes make sure it was a pokemon gold US version you patched.

im playing this hack, and its great! charmander is a decent starter and its really strong. The only glitch ive come accross is that when you enter the first route, and enter the building north, you cant exit it. In fact, you cant really do anything, so you're stuck...
    thats because i edited the safari zone gate without realising it was one of those maps that change all the others like it (so the Ilex Forest exit was broken aswell)

wow this looks great!
    and it seems to be the only decent looking gold hack.
    CONGRATS!
    and keep up the good work!

Thanks! and i will do :)

I'll add these things to the Bugs / Glitches list
    I doubt I'll be doing much today because it's my 16th so i'll be busy :P

I'm still taking entries for the replacement for the bike
    16 x 16 remember :)
    Pokemon: Bright Gold

attempt at a gokart, looks like a little car
    i think the head needs moving back about 3 pixels :P

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Ι already said go kart is taken by blazichu or coolboyman. I forgot who but its one of the 2. Otherwise cool a beta!

I don't remember you saying that :S
    i actually looked back and couldnt see it

but meh, it'll be a little car them :P

unless i decide i like the unicycle if Raiph ever makes it XD

Update!: fixed the error with the north/south gateways :) it was down to the safari zone :)
    also, im thinking of replacing the Everstone you get from elm for showing him Togepi with a Squirtle :) that would only leave Johto starters to implement :P

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Lol it got deleted thats why. But I think its blizchu.

Ah right

feel like voting for me in hack of the week?

btw, im looking for the Elm event data at the moment :) im gonna change the give item to give pokemon so the 3 original pokemon are all sorted out :)

then i'll work on changing the time warp flags so the game doesnt crash when you get to the 4th city :)

UPDATE: Video of the new surfing sprite in action :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDd9X4EIYpA

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back