• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    A gold hack? I love GSC =3
    Anyway, I've begun to play this game and first of all, do something about the text box colours. Black and blue really don't mix and make it dark to read. And where exactly does the beta end? You said it ends at a blockade but which town's blockade are we talking about here?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • A gold hack? I love GSC =3
    Anyway, I've begun to play this game and first of all, do something about the text box colours. Black and blue really don't mix and make it dark to read. And where exactly does the beta end? You said it ends at a blockade but which town's blockade are we talking about here?

I said it ends at a blockade stopping you getting to Kanto (and the pokemon league, i may have plans for it)
    If you noticed, the water in New Bark Town is missing, and is replaced to look natural with trees

I can now start working on Kanto
    there is some messed up data for people (e.g. the overworld for Blue on cinabar is a Hiro sprite for some strange reason)
    I also need to finish my Go Kart sprite (i dont care that the idea has been used before, i thought of it before i knew it had been used)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It looks like an awsome hack, I like the maps. I was wondering, when are you going to change the tiles? Because I'd like to see some good ones. I can be a tile inserter if you'd like. Anyway, good luck on Bright Gold.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • What did you think of the lake of rage town xD

It's cool and i might eventually use it, but there are plenty of other maps :)

It looks like an awsome hack, I like the maps. I was wondering, when are you going to change the tiles? Because I'd like to see some good ones. I can be a tile inserter if you'd like. Anyway, good luck on Bright Gold.

Thanks

I don't intend to change any tiles because this is a gold 'how it should have been' and changing the tiles would remove the originality from it

this hack is really a learning experience, i didnt realise i would get so much support and it's really something done to help me learn to hack because i learn best when it's in context :)
    after this i intend to make a hack all of my own using the gold engine :D and maybe in the future if i learn ASM or something i will increase the number of pokemon in the game :p

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Haha, that would be awesome

I'm the #1 supporter though =O

:D

The thing is
    it wouldn't strictly be a Gold hack, more of a Bright Gold hack :D
    If i incorporate the challenge centre into the game, that will almost definetly be used it in
    and using a sequence of set flags, i think i know a way i could make it so the starter pokemon not chosen will be avaliable, but not the one chosen
    ill try to explain it:
    the challenges must be taken in a specific order
    they use a yes/no system,

when a starter pokemon is chosen, pokemon 1 sets flag A , pkmn 2 sets B and pkmn 3 sets C
    the first challenge is for pkmn 1, if flag A is set (player chose pkmn 1), the challenge is skipped
    if flag A = 0 then player takes challenge and flag A is set, then the same system continues through X amount of challenges :D

man im good :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Hey, if I start your current patch, could I continue on it in future (Up to Final if possible) or would I have to start a new game later on?

And did you fix the Ecruteak PokeCenter?

Also, what did you change Johto-wide =p

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Hey, if I start your current patch, could I continue on it in future (Up to Final if possible) or would I have to start a new game later on?

And did you fix the Ecruteak PokeCenter?

Also, what did you change Johto-wide =p

Well....
    i think you might have to restart if i use flags to fix Ecruteak pokemon centre....
    Johto-Wide not a lot is different
    I am however, thinking of remapping some caves etc to add a new twist to the game :D
    Its 1 am here so im goin to bed, laters!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Ooh...

Can I help out? =O

And yeah...how about Kabuto/Omanyte being in Dark Cave so you can get it fast or something? At least put something new early on =p

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Ooh...

Can I help out? =O

And yeah...how about Kabuto/Omanyte being in Dark Cave so you can get it fast or something? At least put something new early on =p

i was thinking of having some kind of timewarp thing where you could get kabuto and omanyte :)
    obviously it ties in with the Celebi event aswell :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Fun, Aero too?

I always wondered how that girl who wants a Chansey for it got one in the first place

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    big steve ur a legend !!!!! :D
    lol long live pokemon !!!!!
    god i love hacks there always more fun then the real game :)
    thnkin you for the beta 1.1 (Y)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015

yeah

what if i replace Togepi in the egg with squirtle and you find the Togepi egg in the time warp..... like the anime :)

Yeah, why not? =D

Or, why not use the script from Crystal to get the Odd Egg from the daycare

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
  • Very nice so far.
    I like it.
    Though, Elm's script for the game needs to be fixed.
    He still talks like there is more than just Charmander on the table.
    Also, the door for the Pokecenter in Ecruteak is missing.

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Very nice so far.
    I like it.
    Though, Elm's script for the game needs to be fixed.
    He still talks like there is more than just Charmander on the table.
    Also, the door for the Pokecenter in Ecruteak is missing.

Yeah, Elm is a work in progress tbh
    And if you read back through a bit, probably page 7, it says that the door is missing due to a script error im still unsure how to fix that freezes the game. I'm still having no joy trying to find the flag for the Bill event - but that's probably because im looking in the wrong place....
    i might just use a new map for the pokemon centre if i find the right scripts etc to do it.........
    i think i'll try setting the Bill has given Eevee flag and see if it stops the event....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back