• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sapphire hack: Pokemon Broken Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
  • Pokemon Broken Sapphire

DETAILS

Rom used:Pokemon Sapphire
    Language: English

INTRODUCTION
    Hey guys, my names Braden (bradenm username). I've been floating around this forum for a while now, had a few failed attempts at making a few hacks, but im finally sticking with one :)

Pokemon Broken Sapphire. So far its not much, changing things here and there trying to make something decent. But as i am making it im working on my scripting skills, so i will most likely go back over things and re-do them.

SCREENSHOTS
    Spoiler:

STORY
    Spoiler:

FEATURES

• All 386 ADV Gen Pokemon can be caught!
    • New Region: NEOH
    • New Villains, Team MAGQUA, the result of Team AQUA and MAGMA joining forces
    • PROTECTORS, Powerful trainers assigned to guard special places
    • Powerful rematches!, Trainers who you can have rematches with may train their pokemon to levels as high as 90 or more!
    • Secret Areas!
    • Gyms now have two type Specs. (Rock/Ice, Fire/Flying etc).
    • More Legendary Pokemon Battles!
    • You as a trainer?? (More details soon)
    AND MANY MORE TO COME!!

TEAM
    Bradenm (Me)
    Story
    Mapping
    Some scripting
    Trainers

Omega Zero
    Mapping
    Scripting
    generally helps me out :)

Need Help with this!
    • Scripting
    • Event making (Scripting aswell :P)
    • Changing Trainer Sprites / Overworld sprites for Gym Leaders
    • Changing the title screen
    • Adding more rival events / making a second rival

Alpha will be released very soon, it will have much stuff incomplete, but none the less it will give you a general idea of what im getting at with my hack :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    That sounds pretty good The old rematches in saphire weren't really a challenge

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
    Years
  • As swimmer ryan had said, the story seems empty. Not to be mean, but it's just like a typical Pokemon Story. Try to spice it up a bit, probably why Team Magqua was made? Just an idea.

Overall this could turn out to be a good hack. Keep up the good work!

Sinta12

Banner Maker
    Years
  • Looks good

I think this hack looks Ok, i mean it's not the best Ive seen but its good, I'd love to test it out when your beta comes :).

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • Overall, I can see quite a number of tile errors from your screen... :\
    Sapphire hacks are rare here...
    Good luck~ ;)

bradenm

Years
  • First ever Sapphire hack I've seen around. Story seems empty.

Yeah to be honest i made up the story when i realised i needed otherwise my hack wouldnt be allowed to be posted, the idea of the reason why Aqua and Magma joined is good, ill think about how i will put that into the game when i come up with a reason.

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Well the story seems good but you've got a lot of tile errors and your maps need to be improved and i suggest doin your hack on Fire red it's just an iponion but it's much easyer to hack on fire red and if you can't replace the tiles just yet fire red tiles are much better then Rse

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    This looks nice, but I have a few suggestions:

- You should get a rombase. It will look much nicer.

- Use ruby.

e7a

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Can help with mapping

I can help with some mapping and if you ever find out that you want to use Fakemon, a friend of mine really loves making sprites of them:)

I wish I could have shown something I have done, but don't know where to upload pointgraphic-images:)

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Nah man you should still with sapphire. That's the whole reason I opened this thread is because it said "Sapphire Hack" :P hehe... But don't let people talk you out of changing it just because they prefer the other versions. It's supposed to be fun and if you want to be God forbid unique in what game you hack then do it...

I would agree with the above posters, that you do have a couple of tile errors and your story isn't that fresh or exciting but those things can be easily improved. No reason to give up, just keep working at it.

Nice usertag btw. COBHC!

bradenm

Years
  • Nah man you should still with sapphire. That's the whole reason I opened this thread is because it said "Sapphire Hack" :P hehe... But don't let people talk you out of changing it just because they prefer the other versions. It's supposed to be fun and if you want to be God forbid unique in what game you hack then do it...

I would agree with the above posters, that you do have a couple of tile errors and your story isn't that fresh or exciting but those things can be easily improved. No reason to give up, just keep working at it.

Nice usertag btw. COBHC!

Cheers mate, yea alright i guess i will stick with Sapphire then, even tho i have been told its unstable and whatnot...

id like some help with mapping and stuff, i have Omega Zero helping a bit but im pree sure he wants to do it on Fire Red, ill talk to him.

Years
  • Nah man you should still with sapphire. That's the whole reason I opened this thread is because it said "Sapphire Hack" :P hehe... But don't let people talk you out of changing it just because they prefer the other versions.

That doesn't even enter the equation. The version of Rom that's hacked is insignificant, as the point of a hack is to edit it almost beyond recognition (in a manner of speaking- you know what I mean). So it makes no difference whether or not he uses Sapphire- however, he's more likely to run into seemingly random bugs with Sapphire- not because Sapphire is unstable, but because some tools don't have proper support for it (as in, they assume it's Ruby or something, and therefore some offsets don't match up correctly). It's nowhere near as problematic as Emerald can be, but to avoid bugs, the safest route is to go with Ruby, or Fire Red.

bradenm

Years
  • That doesn't even enter the equation. The version of Rom that's hacked is insignificant, as the point of a hack is to edit it almost beyond recognition (in a manner of speaking- you know what I mean). So it makes no difference whether or not he uses Sapphire- however, he's more likely to run into seemingly random bugs with Sapphire- not because Sapphire is unstable, but because some tools don't have proper support for it (as in, they assume it's Ruby or something, and therefore some offsets don't match up correctly). It's nowhere near as problematic as Emerald can be, but to avoid bugs, the safest route is to go with Ruby, or Fire Red.

Well im using advance map, A-Trainer and PKSV, for now. how are my chances for random bugs?

bradenm

Years
  • anyone able to edit title screens and change trainer sprites?

need new trainer sprites and overworld sprites for all gym leaders

also someone who could make completely new players, both male and female with overworld sprites to match

help would be greatly appreciated :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back