• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon BurstMode

pakelamko

teh space sheriff!
    Years
    Pokemon BurstMode

BURST MODE
    Hack of: FireRed

INTRODUCTION:
    Hello everyone. This is my first hack.
    Some of the pokemons and trainers/characters here are inspired from
    DIGIMON and ONE PIECE.
    I might need on some parts especially in SCRIPTING.

FEATURES:
    New Starters
    New Region
    New Villain
    D/P Pokemons
    D/P Moves
    New Moves

STORY:
    Region:
    The Region of Konan
    The Land of Myths and Legends
    Pokemon BurstMode

Region Info:
    Welcome to Konan region, the land of myths and legends. it is located at the north of Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn and south of Sinnoh.

Legend:

"There were four legendary pokemons keeping the balance in this planet.
    Pokemon BurstMode

Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Pokemon BurstMode

One is Moltres, The Vermilion Bird of the Sky, Protector of the East (Kanto).
    Raikou, The Yellow Tiger of the Forest, Protector of the West (Jhoto).
    The other one, Kyogre, The Cerulean Beast of the Sea, Protector of the South (Hoenn).
    The last one, Dialga, The Azure Dragon of the Mountains, Protector of the North (Sinnoh).
    These creatures are the reason why this world have seasons. Summer, Winter, Fall and Spring.

The other legend says that there exist a LEGENDARY DRAGON OF THE CENTER
    it was guarded by the THREE GATE GURDIANS...
    Pokemon BurstMode
    =UPDATE>
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Kuuybi... Kappa... and Sunkwong..."

And that's where you enter. A 10 year old boy recieveing your first pokemon. Then your adventure begins. Collecting badges, battling trainers and catching pokemons. But one day, you got caught into trouble when you bumped on the two Baroque Grunts. They say their mission is capturing the legendary dragon of the center and take over the world. To do it, they must awaken the four legendary beasts, but this means breaking the balance of this world. Can you save the world?
    MEDIA:
    Screenshots:

Pokemon BurstMode

Your room!
    Pokemon BurstMode

Your house had a make-over.
    Pokemon BurstMode

Uh, yeah. Your date's waiting nyaha.
    Pokemon BurstMode

Yeah! The starters are out of there pokeballs!!!
    Pokemon BurstMode

Battle screenshot.
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Screenshots from the second town
    Random screenies
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Characters:
    Gym Leaders:
    Nico Robin
    Pokemon BurstMode

Dragunov
    Pokemon BurstMode

others will be posted soon...
    Elite 4:
    Norman
    Pokemon BurstMode

(yup he's here! so expect May in this region!)
    others will be postd soon...

Villain.. ladies and gentlemen, meet the Baroques!
    Leader: Mr. 0 Assistant: Miss All Sunday
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Agents:
    Mr. 1 and Miss Doublefinger
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Mr. 2 Bon Clay
    Pokemon BurstMode

Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmass
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Baroque Grunts:
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Starters:
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

UPDATE!!!! NEW STARTERS!!!
    GRASS FIRE WATER
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

G/FLYING FIRE W/GROUND
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

G/FIGHT F/DRAGON W/STEEL
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode
    Pokemon BurstMode

Towns:
    Southpearl Town-your hometown
    Pokemon BurstMode

Risingsun Town
    Pokemon BurstMode

Chromagem City
    Pokemon BurstMode

Videos:
    SOON!

TEAM:
    none as of now, I'm the one doing it all....

Next route after the first gym, editing pokemon infos, inserting trainers sprites and ov sprites.

CREDITS:
    Kyledov (some tilesets)
    Dark_porygon(Fourth gen sprites)
    AdvanceMap
    VisualBoy Advance
    No$gba
    A-Trainer
    YAPE
    OverworldEditorRE
    A-Starter
    FSF

APE

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    i like the water starter. it looks cute. =3
    but I kinda dislike the fire starter, for it looks like a Torchic having no feathers on it's upper body. :\

but it's okay. :)

map 1 is really nice.
    map 2 is a bit overcrowded...
    map 3's mountain is a bit unlikeable. :\

but anyways, it's a cool hack.
    keep it up~

pakelamko

teh space sheriff!
    Years
    hey, uh.. i've just edited the CHROMAGEM CITY.

BERFORE:
    Pokemon BurstMode

AFTER:
    Pokemon BurstMode

So far these are the new moves I've inserted:
    Thorn Whip-grass type, hurts the opponent every turn.
    Dash Kick-fighting type, launches 2-5 kicks until it misses.

i like the water starter. it looks cute. =3
    but I kinda dislike the fire starter, for it looks like a Torchic having no feathers on it's upper body. :\

but it's okay. :)

map 1 is really nice.
    map 2 is a bit overcrowded...
    map 3's mountain is a bit unlikeable. :\

but anyways, it's a cool hack.
    keep it up~

hmmm.... your right. i'm gonn edit it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    On that Chromagem City, the mountains still feel a bit awkward. Take a look at a few of the maps in the Map Rating thread that were made by more experienced mappers, such as Disturbed and Neti (both of whom won the communities' Rom Hacking Awards for Mapping). An example, made by Disturbed, is found within the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

Now, notice how the mountains are formed. They can sort of flow along the lines of the previous levels, but they never follow them exactly. Oftentimes, a good map shows the mountains wavering from close to the previous level, and 4~5 blocks (squares? I dunno what to call them :P) away. Also, notice how the mountains aren't really straight at all. This is one of the biggest turn-offs on a map; if the mountains are too straight, the map looks extremely boring to play on. To sum that up: Put a little more action into those mountains you have on there. That'll spice up the map, and make it look tremendously better.

Also, in all forms of mapping, you never really want anything to be symmetric. The trees and bushes around the Gym are really symmetric, which just kinda demotes the map a bit. The rock-thing on the mountain is the same with this.

Btw, don't ever use the maps Nintendo makes for reference. Those are usually distasteful. Instead, use other mapper's work to provide inspiration, basically.

--

Moving away from the mapping and onto the other parts..

The two moves you made have really creative names, and I rather like the effects as well.

--

The world map is quite nice, and seems to have plenty of cities, although the lower amount of routes seems a bit odd. Not that that's bad or anything.

--

The story seems well thought out, although it could use a few brush-ups on grammar. I like the idea that the four seasons were basically made by those four legendaries. :P It'd also be a bit better if you said "ten-year old kid" instead of "ten-year old boy", because someone could easily be a girl. :D

--

Since when has Infernape been speshul? xD
    If you could, I think it would be better if you used a different sprite for Infernape if you're going to make him unique, as that D/P sprite makes him seem.. uh, what's the word.. common, kinda.

--

The scripts shown in the screenshots look decent, although I can tell that some of them have simply been re-used (such as the Prof. Oak's Lab sign).

--

The sprites, although I can tell they were based off of another sprite, are pretty sweet. I do really like the water starter, but I don't like the fire one at all. Another good fakemon there would be sweet, as well as one as the grass starter. (Budew isn't mah favourite, sorry. >_>)

--

Also, like DJG said, that second map does feel really quite crowded. The first one is good, though.

One last thing: Be sure to space out your people on the map. Especially on Chromagem City, because they all seem like they're squished onto one area of the map (the center of the paths).

Overall, I think that this is one new hack that could go far. Keep at it, bud!

EDIT: I broke it up a lil' bit to make it easier to read. (This was, by far, the longest post I ever made. :P)

Also, I noticed that your paths and the beach in Chromagem City are straight as straight can be. Try to mix that up a bit too.

pakelamko

teh space sheriff!
    Years
    HEY VRAI!

How about this one as a grass starter:
    Pokemon BurstMode

thanks, your comment will help me alot on my first hack! goodluck on yours too!

UPDATE:

Just finished editing the title screen.... big thanks to uh... forgot his name.....for his FR TITLE SCREEN EDITING on YOUTUBE. i think its tydrogh? tyhdor?
    I'll post the screen shot tomorrow.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
    hmmm you should make infernape black and purple so he looks more special and dont add chimchar and monferno so that he is truly unique in this game,Kuuybi looks a bit plain a little more idk texture would be sexy also since no one noticed did you get the design from KuuybiMON the digimon i noticed cuz they look alike and thats one of my top 10 fav digimon lol looks real good though nice job.also are you adding a new trainer sprite???

pakelamko

teh space sheriff!
    Years
    hmmm you should make infernape black and purple so he looks more special and dont add chimchar and monferno so that he is truly unique in this game,Kuuybi looks a bit plain a little more idk texture would be sexy also since no one noticed did you get the design from KuuybiMON the digimon i noticed cuz they look alike and thats one of my top 10 fav digimon lol looks real good though nice job.also are you adding a new trainer sprite???

yes. I also got the idea for the new starters from digimon 02. I'm making split evos for the starters

fakemons

Pokemon BurstMode

(submarimon? :D)
    Pokemon BurstMode

Back