• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Bushido

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
  • Are you running the RGSS version or the MKXP version?

Tbh, I'm running the initial version that came with it, I think it's the MKXP version because k do recall the game stating that if worries are found, to swtich to the original RGSS version. Would you suggest I do that?

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Tbh, I'm running the initial version that came with it, I think it's the MKXP version because k do recall the game stating that if worries are found, to swtich to the original RGSS version. Would you suggest I do that?

The RGSS version is actually more laggy and made for lower-end PCs. You could always try the RGSS version to see if it's better, but you can also set the game to High Performance mode in your computer settings.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • The RGSS version is actually more laggy and made for lower-end PCs. You could always try the RGSS version to see if it's better, but you can also set the game to High Performance mode in your computer settings.

Thank you so much for the quickly reply. I'm a bit of a noob, but what settings should I tinker with to set the game to high performance? Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    What are the shiny odds in this game cause i just got a shiny starter in one reset to get a better nature and a shiny panchan in like a minute after choosing my starter

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2022
    I just completed the game and my oh my I am pleasantly surprised. I never played the pokemon games on the Switch so the Shadow Pokemon concept was new to me, but it hooked me in. I do wish there was a way to purify Shadow Lugia though. I made Lugia friendly but sadly I can't open the door to its heart. I liked the plot a lot too, especially how it was set in an older era before technology. I loved the Katana of Light, collecting the leaves after completing tasks, and some of the designs like Sakura Pass and the green shrine (forgot the name) were beautiful. It was fun battling the developers at the end.

I didn't find the game to be too hard. I had to deal with a few one hit KO's with many battles but I just levelled up my team higher in the wild with the Lucky Egg and had to catch and raise new pokemon more often. The mints that changed the pokemon's nature definitely helped with the pokemon who had weaker def stats. I do wish there were more ways to rematch trainers, not just for EXP but for money too. I ended up just mining in between to sell those ores after I got tired of fishing out slowpoke tail. The final story arc with the reveal of the final villain fell flat for me. I liked the identity of that character being a villain, but it was just one battle and it was over. It felt a bit rushed. The presence of the 2 rivals also felt minimal to me. It would have been cool to see them more maybe in side quests (not just in post-game but during the main game). It would have been nicer to see a bigger map too with more caves and secret bases and even the ability to go underwater. The Royal Samauri battle in the post-game would have been cooler if it was tournament-style where the main character had to challenge all the Dojo leaders first and other contenders before challenging the royal samauri. I also thought Celebi would have had a greater presence during the final chapter since she was seen in a flashback at the beginning of the game (besides getting to catch Celebi later). I do realize this game was completed in a month, so the end result was great honestly.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this game and I was super impressed! It's unique compared to the typical 8 gym and elite four set up.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • So I somehow managed to fix the lag in my copy of Bushido, however, The game occasionally force closes on its own and on several occasions after around 20 minutes of gameplay, the has loading issues with the battle opening sequence taking longer than normal. Heck, sometimes the maps don't even load up fully. Is there any fix for this? I even got an out of memory error once.

I tried the renaming files strategy but, that attempt made the game play out pretty laggy.

Years
    • Seen today
    Just wanted to say, thank you for this awesome fan-game. Finished it yesterday and absolutely enjoyed it.

I like how it gets progressively more challenging but wild level Pokémon allways keep up with the level curve so you can level up pretty quick, and how the tools to improve your team towards the harder battles are made accessible to use and introduced at the right pace so making changes to your team is not a pain. It was a dynamic, fun and well balanced experience.

Also liked the way Shadow Pokémon were implemented and the Katana-based mechanics, really great game.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    Heya, are there any gift pokemon in the rom? I wanna do a challenge run where i cant use pokeballs, so knowing my mons would be nice...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    I noticed that the Swords of Justice are the main legenaries of the game.
    I will be rather disappointed if their Gen 5 themes aren't reused. (lookin at you crown tundra)
    jk this game looks amazing I'll end up enjoying it a lot

PS: Also love that only canonical mons are used (shadow Pokemon are a welcome addition, I don't think we got enough of them)

Years
    • Seen today
    Heya, are there any gift pokemon in the rom? I wanna do a challenge run where i cant use pokeballs, so knowing my mons would be nice...

I don't remember any gift Pokémon besides your starter and another starter you can get at the end of the game, so it doesn't seem like a game suitable for the kind of run you want to do. There are Shadow Pokémon though (Pokémon you can catch from villain trainers), in case you may want to adjust your challenge idea with that in mind. But even then, keep in mind that you won't be able to purify Shadow Pokémon until chapter 3 iirc.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2022
    I can't play it on andriod in Joiplay emulator anyone can help me?..i would really appriciate it..

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2021
    Hello, just wanna say this is the best fan game I ve played so far, thank you. Btw, do your team make other game like this? maybe part 2??

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I finished the main story, and my verdict is....it was pretty dang good! The Pokémon selection was nice and diverse, the Japanese-style world was incredibly well done, and the enemy trainer's party's levels were so well scaled, I wouldn't be surprised if you used some sort of dynamic level scaling to match the player's party. If you didn't, that's all the more impressive! The stat boosts and status effects that enemy trainers activated at the start of each battle was a solid way of increasing the challenge of trainer battles without just increasing the levels of the trainer's Pokémon, thus tempting the player to just grind to be able to overcome the challenge.

If I were to gripe about anything in this game, I would have to say that I don't think Shizen Forest's layout was all that great. Once you walk past the first ledge, you are committed to making it all the way through the forest or blackout trying. Since it isn't a cave, Escape Ropes can't save you here. There are a lot of trainers along this route, all of them unavoidable, so I ended up blacking out halfway through, then came back and barely made it out on the second go around, using items all the way through both times. Also, the part of Shizen Forest that leads back to Shizen Trail is only accessible at the end of the forest, so most players (or at least myself) would just use the Talonflame fast-travel in Tsuchi Village instead, making that part of the forest useless. The rest of the routes, caves, etc. were all much better designed, with no locked-in areas, and also often had sections that allow the player to easily return back to the entrance in case they need to heal or forgot something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2022
    Uh hey I have a question about bushido. Im going to need to transfer my data from my pc to another do you know if how or if this is even possible? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    In general, go to C/Users/"YourComputerUserName"/SavedGames/, bushidos data should be in the Pokemon Bushido folder, and it's an .rxdata file. Just transfer that folder with the .rxdata file to your other computer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2022
    Ok I've found the folder and file. So all I have to do now is transfer it to my other pc and then put it back in the same place right? (Thanks in advance).

Last edited:

element_creed

Element Creed
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    hey can someone please help me out, I caught a feebas and i'm not really sure how to go about evolving it, it's currently sitting at level 66 and still hasn't evolved

Back