• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Camp

What Name do you think would be better?

• Pokemon: Summer Off

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Pokemon: Down and Dirty

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Pokemon: Summer Camp

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    That makes a lot more sense, as bullies who kidnap people sounds silly.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    get a banner making thing off the internet...i found a free gif animator that did badges,avatars and buttons too.
    search for it on google but make sure you check what your cliking before u download a virus :P

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    So the official name of this hack is 'Down and Dirty'. I know that song... odd name for a story about camping, though?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    So the official name of this hack is 'Down and Dirty'. I know that song... odd name for a story about camping, though?
    Because when you camp, you get "Down and Dirty". Also, Sapphire isn't working for me now, so I will be using Ruby, if thats okay with everyone. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Errr...the mapping is... I would consider hiring a mapper because that map is...no offense, but it looks like all you did was extend Landon and May's house to make cabins...so I would suggest getting a mapper.
    Yeah, ok, I need a Mapper. And, I need a way to convert MP3s to Midis. Anyone help me?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Well, one of the things that map really needs is a new tile set (or a rombase). With new tiles it would be much easier to make it look like a camp. Unfortunately I can't really help with that, though - at least right now...

Also I don't know much about inserting music, but it seems like something that, if necessary, could wait until you're almost done, since it doesn't have anything to do with actual gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Well, one of the things that map really needs is a new tile set (or a rombase). With new tiles it would be much easier to make it look like a camp. Unfortunately I can't really help with that, though - at least right now...

Also I don't know much about inserting music, but it seems like something that, if necessary, could wait until you're almost done, since it doesn't have anything to do with actual gameplay.
    Yeah, OK. Thanks for your help. At the pace I am going at now, I may have the first Beta out by next month, but no promises. Also, I am very bad at scripting. I also need a scripter. Anyone wants the job, PM me.

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • You probably shouldn't post release dates. If you can't make it, you'll have a bunch of people saying "Where's the beta? You said the beta will be out!" Just take it easy. Let people know you're making progress, but don't make any promises or anything. You'll just end up getting pressured and stressed.

But you're welcome. ^_~

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    You probably shouldn't post release dates. If you can't make it, you'll have a bunch of people saying "Where's the beta? You said the beta will be out!" Just take it easy. Let people know you're making progress, but don't make any promises or anything. You'll just end up getting pressured and stressed.

But you're welcome. ^_~
    K, changed. Thanks again.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • I couldn't help but notice the starter war
    but just making a suggestion
    Growlithe ---> Seedot ---> Tentacool
    they all have about the same stat average and usually in the pokemon games the little kids usually have those pokemon
    don't know if you wanna use it

and anyways
    the name Pokemon down and dirty kind of sounds like it took 2 seconds to come up with
    how about liek Pokemon:Summer Off or even Pokemon:Summer Camp
    the plot has alot of potential
    and I'm decent at mapping
    I could show you a sample of one of my hacks
    and do you know how to script
    because I can do basic scripting
    nothing advanced but basic stuff

sorry im rambling on and on
    but good luck

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    I couldn't help but notice the starter war
    but just making a suggestion
    Growlithe ---> Seedot ---> Tentacool
    they all have about the same stat average and usually in the pokemon games the little kids usually have those pokemon
    don't know if you wanna use it

and anyways
    the name Pokemon down and dirty kind of sounds like it took 2 seconds to come up with
    how about liek Pokemon:Summer Off or even Pokemon:Summer Camp
    the plot has alot of potential
    and I'm decent at mapping
    I could show you a sample of one of my hacks
    and do you know how to script
    because I can do basic scripting
    nothing advanced but basic stuff

sorry im rambling on and on
    but good luck
    OK, if you want to join the team, welcome aboard! :) I like the Pokemon: Summer Off, I'll do that. But, I am going to keep the starters I have, if it is ok with you. :)
    Edit: Actually, I am going to let the people decide. I made a poll that will end in 20 days.

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
  • I don't like the starters triangle. Its balanced, sure, but those pokemons are kinda not too overused in games, with the exception of geodude. I do like Pidgey as well, but its not strong enough until it evolves. Also, Chikorita is like, the least favorite starter (from what I have heard all over)

I would suggest some others, and maybe keep the original grass-water-fire starter triangle. But, do what you want to do. This is your hack, not mine, and my starter triangle is even more weird, in my opinion...
    Fighting-Fire-Normal, that really messed up, there...
    but my hack is supposed to be messed up, :p

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • OK, if you want to join the team, welcome aboard! :) I like the Pokemon: Summer Off, I'll do that. But, I am going to keep the starters I have, if it is ok with you. :)
    Edit: Actually, I am going to let the people decide. I made a poll that will end in 20 days.
    Well thanks
    just tell me when you want me to map and what you want in the map and ill send it to see if you like it
    I'm pretty good at it but it will take about 1 week for a city and about 4 days for a route with mapping because I like to perfect it

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Here's a slightly larger banner I made in paint :)
    I make all my banners in paint.

Pokemon: Camp

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/3303126570_a3a54bf3b8.jpg?v=0

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
  • Ok, your making alot of progress here. Everyone is giving you hints! :)
    But as a wise man once said: 'Good ideas aren't good untill there in' ;)

I would love to help you but i'm busy working on my own hack. :P
    GL!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • how about Pokemon:Camp Pokemon
    Ehhh...That just sounds like you're saying the name of the camp, which wouldn't be so bad if it were the only camp on the planet, due to it being called "camp pokemon" a cliche name at that.

Off topic: I've just noticed how creative hacks are getting, I haven't had to say a hack was cliche since last year :D!

Back