• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
The story is quite unique, and has the potential to be quite interesting. Just be sure to add in lots of detail, otherwise it'd be a bit bland. One thing I also want to comment on is the battle interface; it's somewhat ugly. The text contrasts dramatically with the background and it's rather hard to read.

Just a tip: when adding graphics, keep both 480x320 and 240x160 in mind. In the fourth screenshot of the latest update, for example, the player's battle base hasn't been resized, meaning that it'd look quite strange when the player sets the screen size to normal.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Cute updates, Flood <3

Though I have one complaint, on your update prior to last, the hero has numerous shadows during day time. I'd suggest removing that, because your character wouldn't have shadows extending in various directions if it were reality, and even if it is just a game it looks a bit strange :x

As for the current update, the earthquake tiles and stuff looks awesome :3 Can't wait to see more from this project~

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
The story is quite unique, and has the potential to be quite interesting. Just be sure to add in lots of detail, otherwise it'd be a bit bland. One thing I also want to comment on is the battle interface; it's somewhat ugly. The text contrasts dramatically with the background and it's rather hard to read.

Just a tip: when adding graphics, keep both 480x320 and 240x160 in mind. In the fourth screenshot of the latest update, for example, the player's battle base hasn't been resized, meaning that it'd look quite strange when the player sets the screen size to normal.

Thank you very much. I will fix any problems you mentioned while the thread is down for a while. I appreciate your comments.

Cute updates, Flood <3

Though I have one complaint, on your update prior to last, the hero has numerous shadows during day time. I'd suggest removing that, because your character wouldn't have shadows extending in various directions if it were reality, and even if it is just a game it looks a bit strange :x

As for the current update, the earthquake tiles and stuff looks awesome :3 Can't wait to see more from this project~

^^ Thank you Krimm. Yes the shadow problem Has been mentioned to me before, and I'm fixing it all now. I will have a gigantic update upon my return to the game showcase to reveal alot thats been missed. Thanx.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I almost feel bad for the amount of work that you still have to get done on this game...
I'm kind of bored of playing it after about a half-hour, but maybe that's just me. Plus, there needs to be a bit more of a little something I like to call punctuation in the script. If you're planning on keeping the story the way it is (and not use the idea I gave you this morning), then I can edit it for you. That is, if you have it written down in one place.
By the way, Parmal seems too Christmas-y to be for a year-round game. If you want to put it into the game, I'd suggest changing the color scheme on it a bit.
Edit:
The little steel type (or so that is what type I believe it to be) ball-with-a-diaper pokemon found on Route 2 could use some work. It just doesn't look like an authentic pokemon at all. But I'm guessing most of the pokemon you programmed in but we haven't discussed are up in the air anyways.

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Well...Carbon isn't back exactly, but I guess that doesn't mean the thread can't be...Before the crash, we were hard at work touching up carbon a bit. If you want to see what I mean, You can look at the main thread. ;)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Wow... Its been quite a while that i've been here... But will you come back with Pokemon Carbon???

Don't worry, we haven't even gone anywhere... we are just having some technical diffuculties with the backup files, and the fact that they weren't as updated as desired... never the less, do not worry! Carbon is alive, and will be back on it's feet sooner than later, FMP just needs to get a computer...or at least get this one repaired!

Thanks to everyone who has been popping by here, your support makes our game a reality! I'll see you all in a week or so. Until then, you know the drill!

Take Care!

(Spriters) Keep Spriting!!!

By the way FMP, i have about a quarter of the move sets done... T_T

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Don't worry, we haven't even gone anywhere... we are just having some technical diffuculties with the backup files, and the fact that they weren't as updated as desired... never the less, do not worry! Carbon is alive, and will be back on it's feet sooner than later, FMP just needs to get a computer...or at least get this one repaired!

Thanks to everyone who has been popping by here, your support makes our game a reality! I'll see you all in a week or so. Until then, you know the drill!

Take Care!

(Spriters) Keep Spriting!!!

By the way FMP, i have about a quarter of the move sets done... T_T

Thank you for explaining GP...Yes Carbon is still alive...I just got a decent source of internet(Been on my Wii latley) and We have a backup of Carbon, but a few things are missing, however most can be easily recovered.

Wow... Its been quite a while that i've been here... But will you come back with Pokemon Carbon???

Glad to see you again. Carbon isn't dead just a few setbacks.

I like the new water starter, but I thought that the poll said that the fire starter would stay....

At this point Im not to sure =/ The Kangaroo looks a bit closer to a real pokemon(I guess), however the evos of the Deer really show a bit more promise than the Kangaroo, so...We'll see.

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
Thank you for explaining GP...Yes Carbon is still alive...I just got a decent source of internet(Been on my Wii latley) and We have a backup of Carbon, but a few things are missing, however most can be easily recovered.

Glad to see you again. Carbon isn't dead just a few setbacks.

At this point Im not to sure =/ The Kangaroo looks a bit closer to a real pokemon(I guess), however the evos of the Deer really show a bit more promise than the Kangaroo, so...We'll see.

Well if you need some help. I could give a hand ;)

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Well if you need some help. I could give a hand ;)

I really Appreciate that, I'll keep it in mind :)

Wow the screenshots are awesome, good work.
To me it seems weird posting here scince im a romhacker XD.
GL.

Thank you, and I'm always happy to see someone from the hacking scene in this area. It makes it more Diverse I guess I would say.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Tyree, awesome news for you :D

It seems as though I figured out the problem that caused RMXP to not work....
Thus meaning, I can now help with mapping :)
VM or PM me any time if you want me to map.

Also, the new updates look fantastic! Keep up the stellar job!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Tyree, awesome news for you :D

It seems as though I figured out the problem that caused RMXP to not work....
Thus meaning, I can now help with mapping :)
VM or PM me any time if you want me to map.

Also, the new updates look fantastic! Keep up the stellar job!

Wow Just in time too...I have a fresh computer up and running RMXP(No internet though)I would be real happy if you'd help out Jake ;) Your maps are always great.

And thank you...I may have a new update up soon also.

P.S. I hope you're enjoying RMXP.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Awesomesauce... The thread is back up. But it would be a lot cleaner if you started it over again. Whatever, it's not my business. Anyways Flood, I'm still able to write, even though I deleted a lot of my records... Don't ask.

P.S. While I was gone, I practiced my game-making skills a lot. That means I could also fill in making some maps on the side, if you'd like.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Awesomesauce... The thread is back up. But it would be a lot cleaner if you started it over again. Whatever, it's not my business. Anyways Flood, I'm still able to write, even though I deleted a lot of my records... Don't ask.

P.S. While I was gone, I practiced my game-making skills a lot. That means I could also fill in making some maps on the side, if you'd like.

Yeah I thought about starting over again, but It would have taken a bit longer than I would have wanted, so.

I'm glad you'll still be able to help out too, and Right now. Mapping isn't an issue since My good friend Disturbed fixed his RMXP so Thank you though, but I do need your writing skills.

Tight when will it be ready to play?

Not for a while...We just transferred the game to D/P style, and we've redone quite a bit. but thank you.

ZhaneAugustine

Old Fart Gym living water poke
Years
Yeah I thought about starting over again, but It would have taken a bit longer than I would have wanted, so.

I'm glad you'll still be able to help out too, and Right now. Mapping isn't an issue since My good friend Disturbed fixed his RMXP so Thank you though, but I do need your writing skills.

Not for a while...We just transferred the game to D/P style, and we've redone quite a bit. but thank you.

awwww too bad, but your welcome. give me an message when its done!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Update​

I realize I've been off quite a bit but Carbon is still going strong.​

updatepic1.png

Explanation of pics in order:
pic1: I know you've all seen this picture but I just wanted to show you all the starters in one pic
pic2: Well proffesor Mai has been DP styled finally...so I thought I'd show that...How does it look?
pic3: That would be Marcus(Yes it's his actuall name)In DP style...again, how does it look?
pic4:And This would just be the pokemon selection screen....I thought this would be good to show for the final evos in the background....Heres a better pic if you need it.
pokechoice.png

updatepic2.png

Explanation of pics in order: New battle screen look
pic1:The new fight command box....I love this much better.
pic2:The command box...It's bland like that for a reason...I'll improve on it later though
pic3:This just shows the new color for the Exp bar.
pic4:...It's just a placement pic. I'll have the new Menu done next update.​

Thats all for now...comments would be greatly appreciated.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back