• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon cards, how much do you think $ wise?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2005
    I use to be a fanatic of Pokemon cards, and the show, mainly the cards. I spent so much money on them, trading, winning battles, and everything. I was even in a pokemon card leage at Toys R' us (I won lots of promo cards). I was just wondering , i'm not into Pokemon anymore sorry to say. How much is the going price for some of the older pokemon cards? Such as Japanese Picho, Metal Energy, Skarmory, Jumpluff , this fat little blue thing that I dont know what it is... ect. All of which are Holos. I also have American Holos, over 40 of them, such as Rainbow Energy (Mint) , Alakazam, 2 Mewtwos, ect, my hand is getting very tired... Oh yes, and some of my favorites! Holo Entei, not holo on the inside picture, its weird, its holo on the Writing part , oh yes, and a PreRelease First edition Aerodactyl! And so so so much others.. Oh yeah, the weird blue thing is an Azumarill (I have an American DoublStar version of that one as well). But I have many others that I would like to name, but dont want to bore you too much. The Holo mint Japanese Metal energy is soo cool! Man, I still love that one... I was just wondering what I could get for some of these Holo cards of mine. I might sell them on Ebay later this week or something like that, just wondering what I can expect to get! Thank you for all your help! -Ben

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Please don't double post. We encourage our members to use the edit button. You could use Google and search at some card stores online to see what prices the cards cost. List the cards if you must, hopefully we can help you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2005
    ALL HOLOS

BASE SET

1: Charizard
    2: Alakazam
    3: Venasaur
    4: Hitmonchan [2 of them]
    5: Machamp
    6: Zapdos
    7: Ninetales
    8: Magneton
    9: Poliwrath
    10: Mewtwo [2 of them]
    11: Gyarados [3 of them]

FOSSIL SET

12: Muk [2 of them]
    13: Huanter
    14: Ditto
    15: Hitmonlee
    16: Kabutops
    17: Raichu
    18: Lapras
    19: Dragonite
    20: Magneton
    21: Aerodactyl
    22: Aerodactyl (PreRelease First Edition)
    23: Hypno (First edition)
    JUNGLE SET

24: Venomoth
    25: WigglyTuff
    26: Pinsir
    27: Vaporeon
    28: Kangaskhan
    29: Snorlax

GYM HEROS SET

30: Lt. Surge's Electabuzz
    31: Erika's Venusaur
    32: Misty

GYM CHALLENGE SET
    33: Giovanni's Persian
    34: Blaine's Charizard

NEW GENESIS SET

35: Slowking
    36: Azumarill
    37: Pichu (Japanese)
    38: Skarmory (Japenese)
    39: Jumpluff (Japenese)
    40: Metal Energy (Japenese)

TEAM ROCKET SET

41: Dark Slowbro
    42: Dark Arbok
    43: Dark Blastoise
    44: Dark Alakazam
    45: Rainbow Energy

NEO DESTINY SET

46: Light Azumarill (Japanese)

Odd Swirly Pokeball Set

47: Blastoise
    48: Scyther
    49: Clefairy

PROMO FOILS

50: Entei

And i have deleted my Double post! Oh yes, and These are all my Holo's that I have accounted for!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Sadly, Pokemon cards aren't worth as much as they used to be...I'd expect that base set Charizard to go for around $20 on eBay, but everything else would be virtually worthless...

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    The old guys are more valuable, monetary wise. But the newer cards add more to te strategy. I personally like the new expansions, as I do too much battling with my cards (shuffling the way i do really wears em' out) to worry about collector's purposes.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon aren't really worth jack anything right now...hundreds of awesome rares and holos and promos could probably only scratch you about 50 bucks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Katsuro said:
    I'd bet...you could AT LEAST get $5 for those cards =D

Everything other than Charizards: Probably about $10

Base Set Charizard: About $20-$25

Blaine's Charizard: Around $10

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Now. No pokemon card is over 40 dollars. It is still worth it and at cards at these prices. It may get people more into the game.

Back