• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon catching help

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Mime Jr. appears in the route below solaceon and in the route above 210 but it's kind of rare on the one above.
    it's still rare in the one below but not AS rare.

as for burmy

you get it by using honey on one of those trees.
    wait 12 hours and bam u should be able to catch pokemon
    on whatever tree u put the honey on, it's kinda rare though.
    so good luck.

I hae no idea where to get the hippo thing.
    I know u can find it's evolution
    in the standstorm part of the final area you unlock after
    beating the elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    Do you have Pearl or Diamond? Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime are both ALMOST Diamond-exclusive, the exception being random appearances if you talk to the master of the Pokemon mansion.

Burmy, as they all said, is a Honey Tree rare encounter.

As for Hippopotas... On route 214 (South of Veilstone City), you will find a cave on the left side. Inside is the Ruin Maniac, who is on his way to the Unowns in Solaceon Ruins (he's digging). In this cave, you should have a low chance of having some appear. If you catch 10 different Unowns, he'll start making it into a Tunnel, and your chances of a Hippopotas showing up will increase. And, while I'm on the subject: Catch all 26 letters, and his tunnel will lead to the room with the ! and ? Unowns.

Hope this helps :) (Good luck on Burmy, I hate the Honey trees)

Back