• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Chaining Questions

Have you caught a shiny before with or without an pokeradar?

• I have caught a shiny

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • I have not caught a shiny yet

Votes: 81 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Just a couple of questions to make this all clear.

Is the chance of getting a shiny patch higher the more you have on your chain?

It seems to be becaus people are going up to 40 and then are resetting their radars all the time.

I got up to 26 wit doduo! No shiny though.... stupid bidoof!! Aargh!

Thanks!! :D

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I don't think the length of the chain matters, it's just all based on luck as far as I can tell.

This is probably been answered before, but can you use Repels and still use the Pokeradar? I hate getting my chains interruped.

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
    ive been having rotten luck as of late. ive tried chaining ghastly, eevee, ralts and even lickitung...nothing! hopefully, i'll get lucky later today, and im gonna try and chain ralts again

mko

Custom User Title
    Years
    I don't think the length of the chain matters, it's just all based on luck as far as I can tell.

This is probably been answered before, but can you use Repels and still use the Pokeradar? I hate getting my chains interruped.

yes, of course. You are supposed to use repels while using radar.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Just a couple of questions to make this all clear.

Is the chance of getting a shiny patch higher the more you have on your chain?

It seems to be becaus people are going up to 40 and then are resetting their radars all the time.

I got up to 26 wit doduo! No shiny though.... stupid bidoof!! Aargh!

Thanks!! :D

Yes, And Doduo was my first set of Pokeradar shinies =D. Before I even knew what the Shiny Patch looked like, but I would've gotten 3 had that Pokemart guy not been there =\...

Years
    grrr i was trying to chain corsola but then all of a sudden the grass path turns quiet!!

Grr! I went up to 22, didn't beat the doduos though.

And I tried to chain swinub but its impossible in that big blizzard!!

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Hmm... Route 217... isn't that the route with the Ice Rock and the route you evolve Eevee on?

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    >:[

Not Very Happy

I Was Chaining Absol And What Appears
    A Bloody Shellos :|||
    I was doing well aswell I was on 21 :|

Anyone got any tips For mE?

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    >:[

Not Very Happy

I Was Chaining Absol And What Appears
    A Bloody Shellos :|||
    I was doing well aswell I was on 21 :|

Anyone got any tips For mE?

I would suggest just trying again, I think you got higher than I did when I was chaining him yesterday, that area isn't one of the best places to chain but it can work sometimes =\... I wasn't having any luck.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    does anyone know why this happens

i was chaining a shinx and then like the pokeradar music just stopped and the regular music started playing again and like everything was back to normal....then my chain was ended:(

do any of you people know what happend??its happend to me twice already and i get relly mad

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    When I chain Absol I go to the bit that is up the rock wall. It is easier than at the bit with all the trees. Absol is hard to chain. I have never had over 30.

Years
    does anyone know why this happens

i was chaining a shinx and then like the pokeradar music just stopped and the regular music started playing again and like everything was back to normal....then my chain was ended:(

do any of you people know what happend??its happend to me twice already and i get relly mad

i know! that's what happened to me with corsola. sometimes the grass patch just turns quiet, no pokémon were picked up by the radar. :(

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Yes, that is when you walk out of range of the Pokeradar, I can't remember the exact step number it is, I think the limit is 6 steps away from at least 1 patch that shook on screen then it loses the chain, it's happened to me a lot, but the oddest thing was when I was chaining Shinx, got to 40 reset one time and "the patch fell silent" =\ just make sure you find somewhere safe to walk up and down without getting all of the patches that shook off screen.

By the way, if people still don't know I wrote up a guide and it got moved to the FAQ, which can answer some/most of these questions, I can't exactly edit my post unless I ask a Mod to which I'm going to probably need to rewrite the guide soon.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    yeah ive seen it and it was what got me started on looking for shinys:)

i thought that was the reason for why that happend..thanks:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back