• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Chaining Questions

Have you caught a shiny before with or without an pokeradar?

• I have caught a shiny

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • I have not caught a shiny yet

Votes: 81 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Between duplication and Action Replay, it wouldn't be hard at all for you to get that many shineys. my brother just messes around on the GTS and gets 2-3 shineys a day for junky pokemon. You just don't want to admit you've been caught out in a lie. I'm PROGRAMMING a pokemon game right now called pokemon twilight. I've been researching all the algorithims pokemon uses. I know what i'm talking about trust me.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    My 3 highest Chains:

29: Starly, No Shiny
    28: Floatzel, No Shiny
    20: Nidoran, Female, Shiny

so, yeah, those are my biggest Chains

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Big freaking deal you have your stupid math, it's probability and random, you can't calculate exact randomness because if that were the case everyone would be getting shinies out the ying yang....

A friend of mine says
    "if it were possible to use game machanics to see every possible random outcome. then shinies would be easy to get"

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    well what i think is that shadowtails isnt lying...he probably never gives up like most of us......he probably keeps on reseting the radar for ever until shinys pop out.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    well what i think is that shadowtails isnt lying...he probably never gives up like most of us......he probably keeps on reseting the radar for ever until shinys pop out.

And I have had multiple occasions where I haven't gotten a Shiny, it's not uncommon, I chained up to 40 twice with Buneary and reset the radar for hours, nothing ever showed up... I don't see why I'd waste time with over 400 hours on my game to "cheat" as that one guy is saying... Some people just don't understand that there isn't anything you can calculate out of total random numbers, even if the chances of getting a Shiny are 1/800 something, you can still see 2 shinies within those numbers, it's just probability, it's never exact, that's why they have a predicted number.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    pokeguide.filb.de/downloads/chain.pdf

Never gives up? What a martyr. Statistics are used to predict a lot more things than you realise. Statistics are everywhere, and they are used in almost everything. The fact of the matter is, he has a better chance of being struck by lightning 7 times than getting that good of a chain

ThePlaya

Years

Never gives up? What a martyr. Statistics are used to predict a lot more things than you realise. Statistics are everywhere, and they are used in almost everything. The fact of the matter is, he has a better chance of being struck by lightning 7 times than getting that good of a chain

no he dosnt.........hes probably just a good chainer.and dosnt give up

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010

Listen, he has a better chance of getting struck by lightning 7 times.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015

What part of RANDOM DO YOU NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND?... God... people this day and time, if they can't do something someone else can do then they just go off and off about it until they prove their point when it doesn't make a bit of difference... I'm not the only person with a lot of Shiny Pokemon, there are many other people, this one dude who calls himself "Shiny Hunter" has over 100 shinies that he caught himself, he has the majority of his captures posted on youtube, he even did a video where he did the entire chain and caught his shiny... I don't care what math you throw into my face to try and prove something, nothing in math is ever exact when it comes to statistics and extrapolating data, even when you interpolate your methods wont be 100% exact... I know enough from math that everything I do will never be exact, that's why we have Decimals, I don't care what you keep dribbling about, if you don't think they exsist, fine go ahead, be ignorant like that... I happen to work really hard to get my Shiny Pokemon, I don't care if you accuse me of cheating, I think if I did have an Action replay, I would have all the Shinies I'm hunting for, and heck they'd all have perfect IV's, well they don't... my luckiest capture was a Growlithe with a 31 IV in attack, his other IVs aren't exactly perfect, so shut up...

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
    i took a class on statistics as well and i dont think that has anything to do with chaining, i just think its pure luck. like for me, i caught a shiny pichu in 8 chains and a shiny sneasel in 6 or 7, and that was right after i caught my pichu. so i think its just random or luck or whatever, and theres really no solid number (in my opinion).

ThePlaya

Years
    What part of RANDOM DO YOU NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND?... God... people this day and time, if they can't do something someone else can do then they just go off and off about it until they prove their point when it doesn't make a bit of difference... I'm not the only person with a lot of Shiny Pokemon, there are many other people, this one dude who calls himself "Shiny Hunter" has over 100 shinies that he caught himself, he has the majority of his captures posted on youtube, he even did a video where he did the entire chain and caught his shiny... I don't care what math you throw into my face to try and prove something, nothing in math is ever exact when it comes to statistics and extrapolating data, even when you interpolate your methods wont be 100% exact... I know enough from math that everything I do will never be exact, that's why we have Decimals, I don't care what you keep dribbling about, if you don't think they exsist, fine go ahead, be ignorant like that... I happen to work really hard to get my Shiny Pokemon, I don't care if you accuse me of cheating, I think if I did have an Action replay, I would have all the Shinies I'm hunting for, and heck they'd all have perfect IV's, well they don't... my luckiest capture was a Growlithe with a 31 IV in attack, his other IVs aren't exactly perfect, so shut up...

dude he is so right...he would have all the shinys hes looking for if he used an AR.those calculations you threw arnt right....its all about luck and apperantly some people have more luck than others....you sometimes catch shinys in a chain..you sometimes dont.but its all luck basically.so your calculations arnt correct and arnt true.

PrinceSushi

Shiny hunter and Kecleon fan!
    Years
    Oh no! Fighting!

Anyways.
    Highest Chains
    81 Snubbull
    68 Skitty
    42 Snubbull

Shinies
    x2 Snubbull on the 81 chain
    x1 Skitty on a really low chain(she was #9. It broke shortly after that)

I believe it is possible to get MANY shinies, you just have to work at it and have patience. See, I don't have patience, I get bored of resetting or chaining so I go off to train or grow berries.

One odd thing I learned is that the more you practice, the better you get at chaining!! I use to not be able to get above 15 and then 20 and now I can easily get to 30+ My eyes now know what to look for and what patches might end the chain. It used to take me as long at 2 hours to get above 30 but now I can get there in about 30 minutes.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    The most chains I got was 18 with Staravia. And yes I found a shiny without the pokeradar. (Shiny Skarmory

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    I'm not accusing you of lying, i'm using facts. Those are the ACTUAL released calculations in chaining pokemon, and I've taken college courses on statistics. You can tell me I'm full of bull, but the numbers aren't going to lie. Its way too easy for people to make up information to make themselves look better. You can't prove yourself up against the math.

LOL Your so far up your own Flaming ar'se that your ego has had a massive explosion.

Anyway Highest Chain is 23, I got it this morning :D I'm well chuffed, earned me a shiny snorunt XD As for shinies, I hatched 250 odd eevee eggs and got buger all

And If we go by 1/200 Statistic, Then the numbers do Fkin lie you bloody idiot.

Btw, Sorry For my launage And what not, it just people like him get on my nerves :|

ThePlaya

Years
    i tried chaining again but couldnt get higher than 23...starly...i can't get higher than that anymore...don't whats wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    My highest is 65 Shynx, I got the shiny right on 40 without even resetting, but I didn't get any more after that...

Malik

私はPokemonの神であ る
    Years
    My first try I was messed up by my dog (distracted) and the second time, I got to about 3, then nowa days I go to about 10-17 and I mess up. However, 17 is my highest with Skitty. I mostly use the Swarming pokemon, is that a problem? I mean is it harder to chain with swarming pokemon?

ThePlaya

Years
    My first try I was messed up by my dog (distracted) and the second time, I got to about 3, then nowa days I go to about 10-17 and I mess up. However, 17 is my highest with Skitty. I mostly use the Swarming pokemon, is that a problem? I mean is it harder to chain with swarming pokemon?
    well i think its easier to chain swarming pokemons...but no one really knows if it is easier.ill post a video guide to chaining right now hold on.

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
    i think someone mentioned this before, but someone said that you can just keep resetting the radar until you get a shiny patch on any chain, as long as its a chain. so, if i have a chain of 3 eevees, can i just keep resetting until i get a shiny patch?

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    i think someone mentioned this before, but someone said that you can just keep resetting the radar until you get a shiny patch on any chain, as long as its a chain. so, if i have a chain of 3 eevees, can i just keep resetting until i get a shiny patch?

Technically, you can get a Shiny at any time when using the Pokearadar, as I've said I started a chain with a Shiny Sentert, had no clue that was a Shiny Patch I walked into, I also had experience of walking in to a patch that shook just like a normal patch and I got a Shiny Chansey in it, I've gotten shinies at 2, 3, 10, 13, 33, ect. any number can bring up a Shiny patch, even at 0 like I've had happen. I guess it'd be fair to say the higher your chain the more likely the shiny patch will come up, but it's all just random numbers and stuff there is no guarantee...

My advice to all: Keep trying, if your chain breaks, try again. Keep trying till your chain works for you, all practice is good. I know it's frustrating, tedious, ect. But the hard work really pays off in the end. Buneary and Shinx I've had the most trouble with, no matter what my chain is at, no shinies have come up for me (I was reseting for like 2 hours for Buneary and nothing, I was at 40 and I was wondering... will it ever show up?) eh but that's stuff you can read on my posts in the Sinnoh journey journal thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back