• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Chaining Questions

Have you caught a shiny before with or without an pokeradar?

• I have caught a shiny

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • I have not caught a shiny yet

Votes: 81 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I wouldn't want to battle that Mime with awesome IVs.....XD

Anyways on average whats the number of chains to see a shiny? cause I caught a shiny after like 10 chains ish while others took like 40 chains

Umm...I'm assuming you want to know the probabilities. Well if you read my posts on page 7 you can find out more of that kind of stuff. Post #154 tells you how to chain, post #160 shows you a graph of the probabilities, post #169 tells you exactly how the game generates a shiny pokemon. And if you're annoyed at the game saying "the grassy patch remained quiet" or the normal music plays after a battle read post #114 on page 5 lol. Sorry, it's just that I don't want to repeat all that :laugh:

The chances of getting a shiny at a chain of 10 is tiny. I forget the formula right now but your chances of getting a shiny patch of grass at a chain of 40 is 1/200.
    DO NOT make a chain higher than 40 or you're risking your chain because the probability doesn't increase any more. If I am wrong about this I will make a public apology, but I'm sure it's true ^_^

Yeah, My battle Mr. Mime is awesome! :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Today I got a chain of both Smoochum and Smeargle above 40 and broke them by accident, stupid!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Well the smoochum one I was resetting for ages and I wanted to get into a battle so I could take a break, but it was a Psyduck. >.<
    And the Smeargle one I had just reached 40 and while getting enough steps to reset I ran into a patch by accident!

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    man that sucks:(.....that has happend to me about three times while i was chaining, i walked into a patch that i didn't see shake and it broke my chain:(.....I HATE THAT!!!

ThePlaya

Years
    Guess what ppl.......i caught some new shinys while pokecommunity was donw:)
    I managed to get all of them at chain 40 and it didnt break....but it did a little while after.Im so happy

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Yeah I got quite a few while PC was down.
    I managed to get all my targets too, which both Bagon and Eevee had annoyed me for awhile. ^_^

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the homework, ShadowTails, cos I do applied mathematics which is looooooooads of work. I have to practice piano as well which takes up even more time :\ I simply don't have time for chaining :(
    Haha, are you doing maths at A level?
    The work is killer... but I never do it...

ThePlaya

Years
    i had lots of time since pokecommunity wasnt working because i looked for battle,trades, or just talk here.
    But since i didnt do that for a while it gave me more time w/chaining.:)
    And gibbo....i cant chain a bagon yet...Lucky you;)

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Cool, well done for catching all your new shinies =)
    Shiny Bagon...*drools* lol.

Haha, are you doing maths at A level?
    The work is killer... but I never do it...

Lol no I've already done maths A level. This year I'm doing further maths >.<

Vie

Years
    Hey...could someone help me, please? I tried chaining with floatzel, staravia, skuntank and ponyta. I never got higher than eight. What is wrong? I just caught 3 shinys (bidoof, tentacool and swellow) but that was coincidence. I tried to breed with them, and now I have 8 vulpix...no shinys... Help me...........

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2007
    i chain all the time but im an event hunter :D

my 3 highest chains are:
    70 krabbys - 3 shinies
    64 cubone - 2 shinies
    59 beldum - 4 shinies

ive been chaining for a week and have got 16 shinies already!!! ive caught some good ones like adament shiny beldum and impish shiny aron. with awesome IVs so they are now a lovely aggron and metagross :P EV trained of course! :D

but im on a chain of 54 electrikes at the moment :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Yeah thanks, Bagon was Adamant nature too.
    In order I got a Mareep, 2 Eevees, a Budew, Gastly, Zigzagoon and lastly Bagon.
    It's been a good week, haha.

Lol no I've already done maths A level. This year I'm doing further maths >.<
    Wow, so you when did you actually do your A level? I mean you the same age as me...
    We have a group about 6 guys at our school doing it along with normal maths for the twos years, yeah, I would never do that...

ItzMike

Has made a triumphant comeback
    Years
    Lol i got a shiny heatran first go and no saving and turning off

I was very pleased cause i also only needed 1 ultra ball for it

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    My ds Broke so i cant remember my last chain i think it was 11 on nidorino

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Lol i got a shiny heatran first go and no saving and turning off

I was very pleased cause i also only needed 1 ultra ball for it

Wow. I must say I'm impressed at your luck. I've been contantly soft-resetting Castform on my Sapphire version for weeks and still no luck :(

Wow, so you when did you actually do your A level? I mean you the same age as me...
    We have a group about 6 guys at our school doing it along with normal maths for the twos years, yeah, I would never do that...

I did my A level last year. And I'm one of only two people at my school doing further maths, yup. Wait till you get to the differential equations in C4...lovely. But remember - if ever you need help with any questions just PM me :) (don't worry I got an A so I won't ruin everything lol)

Hey...could someone help me, please? I tried chaining with floatzel, staravia, skuntank and ponyta. I never got higher than eight. What is wrong? I just caught 3 shinys (bidoof, tentacool and swellow) but that was coincidence. I tried to breed with them, and now I have 8 vulpix...no shinys... Help me...........

Ummm try checking my post on page 7 (post # 154) I think I explained all of it fully there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back