• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chartreuse

Years
  • To be perfectly honest, your maps are below average, Its too wide and open, theres far too many rocks, and far too many of those little grass patches, im not saying im better or anything, but im not saying you are either, I can map.

Your maps are far too wide and open, and your Route 1 is far too plain, liven it up...

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->I really liked your Route1 and Azure Island maps, but wouldn't it be better to change the small bushes in BuffTown for trees, and some of the rocks in Route2 for mountains? (well, it's just my opinion). Keep up the good work!
    I'm like how you try to keep the story the same instead of changing the usual plot and going beyond the leaders and elite. I like your maps too except i think that in buff town you used the bushes too much instead of trees. and some land shadow on the map itself could be good too. Overall i like what you making.
    I agree about too many bushes, what kind of trees do you suggest I use?
    I also agree with the mountains.

Nice lookin' hack. It seems as if theres gonna be a lot of sea/lakes/rivers around the game...Are ships like the one's shown on your screenshot gonna be a major form of transport? Or are we gonna get HM Surf early, since it appears that even Route 1 is connected to the sea.

(P.S If you have any beta tester positions left, I'd love to test out your game, if not, I'll just wait till the full release or something)
    Yes there will be a lot of seas/lakes/rivers, but you will be getting the HM at the same time and currently Route 1 is not actualy connected to the see, unless I make that place divable and it would only go from Azure Island to Route 1.
    Also, about beta testing, once I get all these suggestions down i'll put up the public beta and then after that talk to me and i'll add you to the tester list.

To be perfectly honest, your maps are below average, Its too wide and open, theres far too many rocks, and far too many of those little grass patches, im not saying im better or anything, but im not saying you are either, I can map.

Your maps are far too wide and open, and your Route 1 is far too plain, liven it up...

Could you tell me how I can make Route 1 not so plain.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will work on the maps to improve them right now.
    I'm also thinking of changing the name please tell me if you like the current name or would like me to change the name.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Try the bigger trees, they may be harder to map, but they always look better. And use the smaller ones when you see less bushes. Good luck when mapping mountains!

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Try the bigger trees, they may be harder to map, but they always look better. And use the smaller ones when you see less bushes. Good luck when mapping mountains!

I got the mountains down already :D

And Thanks, i'll get working on the trees right away.

Years
  • I agree about too many bushes, what kind of trees do you suggest I use?
    I also agree with the mountains.

Yes there will be a lot of seas/lakes/rivers, but you will be getting the HM at the same time and currently Route 1 is not actualy connected to the see, unless I make that place divable and it would only go from Azure Island to Route 1.
    Also, about beta testing, once I get all these suggestions down i'll put up the public beta and then after that talk to me and i'll add you to the tester list.

Could you tell me how I can make Route 1 not so plain.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will work on the maps to improve them right now.
    I'm also thinking of changing the name please tell me if you like the current name or would like me to change the name.

More Big trees, and heaps of angled Ledges, you could always get another more experienced mapper to do the Movement permissions, thats what im doing :)

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Pokemon Chartreuse Beta 1 Released

I have finally released beta 1!

See first post for download

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Nice work Chris-h11, it's looking good. The new cave on Route2 looks even better (just check the borders, I think there's a wrong tile there), and be careful, because as I was playing the game, I just finished a battle on the new cave, and then I lost the control of the player (I always think this problem happens due to some problem with a NPC "looking down", so I always give them the "NoMovement" attribute, check if this happens to you)
    Also I think something wrong happened to Oak's text when he gives you the Pokedex, I don't know if you edited it or not.
    Overall, a good work! Good luck!

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Nice work Chris-h11, it's looking good. The new cave on Route2 looks even better (just check the borders, I think there's a wrong tile there), and be careful, because as I was playing the game, I just finished a battle on the new cave, and then I lost the control of the player (I always think this problem happens due to some problem with a NPC "looking down", so I always give them the "NoMovement" attribute, check if this happens to you)
    Also I think something wrong happened to Oak's text when he gives you the Pokedex, I don't know if you edited it or not.
    Overall, a good work! Good luck!
    I need to fix his text, and I will fix the guy looking down.

Also, about the millions of rocks in the cave, do they look fine or no? If not then what should I use instead?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • If you ask me, they look good. Only problem I see is, you shouldn't just accumulate them all together. Try to disperse them a little, a few rocks here and there, I think it would look better. Don't you think?

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Well all I did was replaced the Viridian Forest Items with cave items, I was planning on getting it better a little bit.

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Thanks,
    Sorry for lack of updates I get bored of rom hacking fast but can usually get a lot done when I want to so i'll work on it some other time.

Please post suggestions about Beta 1 of what to fix so that I can fix that stuff first before I start working on new areas.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • Your beta is great! I love that crazy beta cave place....my ? symbol Pokemon fainted there =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    LOL !! Dun hang out too long in the weird cave.. as it name suggests... Legend Cave...

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • No offense, but those maps suck. They look really nooby and have too much repetitive tiles/blank space and those round plants acting as a border???

No offense, but those people who say "awesome maps/great maps/your mapping rocks" don't know what they're talking about.

Oh and a lot of the tiles don't match, i.e the door to that roadhouse thing in Buff Town and on the left hand side of those rocks you can jump over in Buff Town, the wall doesn't have the correct ending tile.

Azure Island is so-so, your best map but still those stupid round bushes circling the CAVE?!?!

You don't need those round bushes in towns or routes and you dont need those rocks on the ground in massive patches.

Your mapping needs a lot of work. No offense to you, just stating the truth

-END RANT-

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Mr.Snub, that's why we tried to help Chris-h11 with his mapping by giving a few tips, and, as long as I know he did a few changes and the beta is looking way better than the screenshots.
    Please take your time to play the beta. Thank you.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • The beta was great, and I mean that for the maps and all. It's not really that bad, and even if it was(to you), it's just a beta, he has plenty of time to modify stuff.

You might wanna make Oak stop us before we enter Beta/Legend/Whatever it's called cave, though. I mean, before we get our pokemon anyway, otherwise we release a ??? pokemon. I died a fair few times(thought the 2nd,3rd and 4th were on purpose, I wanted to see what pokemon were in the cave =P)

There IS a major glitch in the beta though. I haven't read all the posts in this topic so I dunno if you heard of it before but when I enter buff cave or whatever its called, and I mvoe to a certain point, I lose contol of my character, and use another character. The part that sucks is that the other character is trapped by invinsible walls...

Pokemon Chartreuse

Last edited:
    Back