• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • Hack of: Pokemon Gold

Hack Name: Pokemon Chrome

Introduction:
    Hello, my name is Melash. I started ROM hacking back in 2008. I then left ROM hacking sometime between 2009 and 2010 for personal reasons. However, I've recently came across my Pokemon ROMs and I couldn't help but jump right back into the scene. I've worked on this hack for several weeks prior to the release of this thread, and I almost have a fully functional Demo ready for release.

Storyline:
    This game's storyline will be quite unique, not your average staple Pokemon game. You start off in the region of Kalou, a mountainous island filled region. You live on the peak of a Mt.Lagna, an isolated spot with only two houses, your's and a failed Pokemon Professor who lives in an abandoned disapproved Pokemon Gym. Despite it being your birthday, your overprotective mother forbids you from owning a Pokemon. That day you run an errand for the Pokemon Professor, traveling to a nearby city down the mountain. You borrow a Pokemon for your safety, only your's to keep until you return home. However, a series of events may befall you that day that will prevent you from returning home and more importantly, your Pokemon. You are thrust out into an adventure filled with all sorts of wonder and challenges, making new friends along the way...your brand new adventure starts now.

Features:
    -It's a brand new game, you won't even recognize Gold.
    -Two completely new regions
    -Completely revamped graphics, some custom and others borrowed from 3rd Generation games
    -All new scripts, everything is completely new and custom
    -New TM/HM/Attacks, several ported from newer generation games
    -Pokemon borrowed from future generations
    -Running Shoes added in
    -Fresh new storyline
    -No more UPPERCASE words. Everything in lowercase
    -PLENTY more features you'll see from just playing it

Screenshots:
    Here are a collection of screenshots from the game:
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome

Credits:
    Koolboyman-Inspiration from his Gold hack and Running Shoes
    Miksy91-Block hack, and fixing glitches
    Tauwasser-Scripting Compendium
    Others: Mateo, Cooley, Storm118

Download:
    I will be releasing a very short demo of this hack very soon. I just have a few scripts to finish and it's complete.

Feedback, support, and constructive criticism are gladly welcome.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It has to be said- this looks simply fantastic. It's nice to see you back with another hack after seeing AncientEmerald all that time ago.

I really like the Third-Generation graphics you've inserted; though the color depth obviously must be lower, they still look great. I'd like to see a few more scripts or events, but for now I'll just say it looks great :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Wow, this really looks great. :) I love the third gen tiles, and I'm really looking forward to the demo. One question though, how long will the demo be? Good luck!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Wow, it's rare that you see a new Gen. II hack, and this is simply great.
    I love the new tiles and palettes, and the scripting looks solid, and I look forward to seeing more! :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I especially like the mapping in the first and second to last screenshots. I just like their perspective, or something, I can't really tell what it is. I hope you finish, most G/B/C games don't.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    Awesome! we really need more G/S/C Hacks and I think this is going to turn out amazing.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    sounds great. looks like this is gona be a great hack. cant wait 4 this. seems different & interesting.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    I love it when an older hacker returns to the scene and makes a wonderful hack! The story is interesting and makes me want to know more. Like, is there a typical evil team in this hack? Also, I love the tree and lab tiles. The green of the tree and grass has a great tone to it. Im looking forward to seeing this progress, good luck!

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
  • This hack is interesting indeed. I look forward to playing this, especially since it's a hack of my favorite generation! Your mapping style and the tiles were made for each other, can't wait for that demo :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    brother going to be a hack gbc have left me impressed, no doubt that the GBC have not already given you all my congratulations and I hope you continue in this way, encourage!, I like the tiles as adapataste the gba, and history I find it interesting :)

M16A1994

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Alright, took long enough for someone to start making a good GS hack again!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    Hacking 3rd generation is overrated, way to be original(well somewhat, 2nd gen. hacking has already been done).

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I recently got a new computer and i'm eagerly awaiting to play a new hack on it. This will be that hack.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Thanks for all of the support everyone. I haven't visited this thread in awhile so this is the first time reading through everything. I'm glad my tiles and mapping style are liked.

I have a brand new main hero sprite that's almost finished. I'm working with a Misky91 to fix some glitches, and the Demo should be ready then. I may upload some new screenshots if anyone is interested.

Also, as far as the programs go, here is everything I use:
    -Windhex
    -Goldmap
    -Tile Layer Pro

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    sounds like u have been working hard.
    im interested in some new screenshots :D

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Here's three new images:
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome
    Pokemon Chrome

The second two are of my new, redesigned PokeCenter. The second floor will have salesmen as the PokeMart is now part of the PokeCenter. Any criticism is gladly appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back