• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Climates

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    y'ello thar!

I've been making a pokemon fan game recently and thought to give you guys some information about the story. When I come close to finishing the demo I might post a thread in the games showcase, but this is pretty much what the game is all about:

---Story---

a quote from the game:

"Thousands of years ago, the all mighty pokemon gods; Suicune, Raikou and Entei created the mystical land called Mumai... They created this land driving their power to the limit to create a land for their creatures called pokemon, to live in. Tired by the enormous amount of energy it took them to create Mumai, the three legendary dogs fell asleep. Suicune, the cold wonder, locked himself away to sleep at glacireh mountain top. Raikou, the thunder dog, Created a sanctuary at the thunder plains so he could finally fall asleep.
    Entei, the king of fire, decided to make Tohjo Desert his resting place...
    and there, they have been sleeping ever since...
    or so the story goes..."

As you have probably noticed, the three legendary dogs are a big part of the story, I can't tell you much more about the story guess you'll just have to play the game to find out.

---Features---

- A complete new battle system
    - Day and Night system (which has influence over the pokemon activity)
    - Pokemon encounters are different, no longer random encounters (more info about this later.)
    - (Hopefully) the ability to open your own gym (this hasn't been confirmed yet)
    - A challenge tower
    - New enemies and friends
    - No new pokemon! Yay! (that's right, I think realistic)
    - Different Climates (pretty self-explaining)

only the r/b/y and g/s/c and r/s/e pokemon will be in the game <_<

I might add new systems and features later so stay tuned.

Raubie

Last edited:

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
    Nice game, but is it a hack of a game development in shpere, rpgmaker, or gamemaker, i dunno well good job.

Years
    Well from his description and that this is the game development forum I would assume it was not a hack.

Story sounds good and opening your own gym sound like an interesting feature. Good luck with this.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Nice game, but is it a hack of a game development in shpere, rpgmaker, or gamemaker, i dunno well good job.

The above question was extremely dumb and should not of been asked.

I like the plot so far, seems rather original. But how can you say that the dogs have been sleeping when they are seeable and catchable in predecessing Pokémon games? Unless this is set before them?

Years
    Well, the ones you are talking about Dash could be incarnations.
    And Dash, you have a grammar error. First sentence should say "have" instead of "of."

Anyway, yeah, the story is very original. It will be nice to see a new type of battle system, too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    I like the plot so far, seems rather original. But how can you say that the dogs have been sleeping when they are seeable and catchable in predecessing Pokémon games? Unless this is set before them?

Ah yes, this is a very good question, I'm still pondering about this subject.
    I might set the timeline before the other pokemon games but I still got some other cool Ideas aswell. I'm gonna update the features in a little while by the way so stay tuned.

Raubie

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    All of the listed features listed are great. I hope this project goes further.

Well, it's my main project right now and it is being developed and I'm not really planning on quiting :)
    I've decided to make the timeline of this game AFTER the comercial pokemon games. Also, I should be able to get a demo up in 2 or 3 weeks or so.

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Ah yes, this is a very good question, I'm still pondering about this subject.
    I might set the timeline before the other pokemon games but I still got some other cool Ideas aswell. I'm gonna update the features in a little while by the way so stay tuned.

Raubie

It could just be different ones, there is more than one entei, suicune and raiku good, i like the story :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Thanks again for the positive feedback :)
    The game is coming along nicely and I might have a thread up at the games showcase in a while so stay tuned.

Back