• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Cobalt Blue

Which Pokemon would you rather start off with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    @joshkall: Are you saying that GBC hacks are rubbish? well why dont you play a noobish hack if u dont like this. Oh any your just replying to every thread just to get your posts up well that will get you reported

VFlea

The Trooper
    Years
  • I didn't like those new sprites you made, I prefer the original ones, but, this is just my opnion, way to go with it, I want to see it when it's done :>

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
  • You beat me too it. I was about to post the same thing...
    What's wrong with a gold hack? If you don't like the graphics don't look at it. I wish this was posted in Prism's thread just to see CBM.

Yeah I agree, A gold hack is what makes the hack spacial thats why it's in gold it's rare people these days are just looking for graphics it ticks me of. Blazichu has put over of work into this hack and the amount of knowledge he has, by the time it's finished you will say wow this isn't even a hack xD.

Years
  • Gold hack eh...
    I always liked Gold...
    Now I like it even more..xD
    Wish you much luck with the hacking.

And I agree to about a Gold hack maybe it doesn't have high graphics but not many people hack Gold or some other "old" ROM.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Sorry about lack of updates, been busy with school etc. because I have exams in less than 5 weeks also on top of that I am doing a year 12 IT exam <_<

I am going to try and plan some original features into Cobalt Blue, so they aren't the same as Plasma Red. Hmm...one I have planned is that Team Empire member is trying to steal Pokemon off the professor at the beginning, so you have to use your Pikachu to stop him! Also your rival battles you straight away at the beginning, after getting Pikachu.

So Enjoy!

Hmmm... It will be hard thinking on different plots for two different games... Hope you have a good imagination!

And, could it be that we could see a few connections between the games? (like, at some point, PR's hero or rival would appear on CB and viceversa) Adding weird twists is what would make both games interesting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I do not plan to show some screenshots yet, but I have inserted some of the new tiles. Also new features will come into this hack also, such as major quests in which you have to get items to a person. I am planning to set specific day events in which a person appears on one day, but disappears on the rest. So hopefully they should be good, next time I will try to have screenshots.

So Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2007
    ~Why is there none screenshots? I though those were the rules.
    Well I've seen people comment a lot so it must be good! :D

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Colbat Blue is looking great, over the past 6 or so months, I would say that this hack is just, an awesome Gold one, as well as Prism, and the new Gold hack, and mine, all have unique things in it, which advanced hacks (most) make. I hope you continue to expand your knowledge on scripting, not many people expect to see Gold hacks different to the game Nintendo make, since they limit there knowledge on hacking advanced hacks, which is pretty sad, but there you go.
    If there was anything to say to you, Blazichu, I'd wish you the best, and the best for the new beta you will/might release anytime soon. I hope one of us takes the spot of completing a hack next, so either me, you or zel, will have the position. Colbat Blue has inspired me, and it still does, you've shown, and Coolboyman, alot, and I intend to do the same, if that's possible, which it is. Thanks for making such a great hack, ever since you posted it up, I've been thinking how you'll work on it, and to this day, it's just, stunning.

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    i saw something in the text that didnt seem right. on route 70 in the berry mans house he talks about fruits an then says his pokemon ate a berry. did u rename berries to fruits or is this just a little minor text editing "flaw"?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Okay... I really think that gold sucked because it wasn't that good and i couldn't get up to Ho-oh's place and i didn't know why. Nor could i get Lugia because it wasn't in the whirl islands. But if you can make a better game than gold go for it. But it really sounds good if you want to know the truth.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    mattaceten said:
    i saw something in the text that didnt seem right. on route 70 in the berry mans house he talks about fruits an then says his pokemon ate a berry. did u rename berries to fruits or is this just a little minor text editing "flaw"?

For starters there is no need to revive old threads.

The old alpha had many flaws that is just one, fruits are used instead of berries in Cobalt Blue.

Dialga450 said:
    Okay... I really think that gold sucked because it wasn't that good and i couldn't get up to Ho-oh's place and i didn't know why. Nor could i get Lugia because it wasn't in the whirl islands. But if you can make a better game than gold go for it. But it really sounds good if you want to know the truth.

Ho-oh isn't in the beta or alpha....Also you shouldn't be able to get to them in the alpha. The only way you can get Lugia is by finding the Silver Wing, which of course is in the tower where Ho-oh used to be.

I wasn't really prepared to update Cobalt Blue, but seeing as these guys revived it I might as well xD So far I'll give you new information as I do not have screenshots to show as of this moment. Ok, the new information. The first part is that you can now have Pikachu and Eevee as starters...yay? You have to decide though. The game will also not start off easy as you firstly have to get a drink for an officer who is blocking your path to the next town. Where will you get this drink, there are no shops nearby to buy drinks. You'll have to await to find out.

Also I am not going to add the 'SPACE' type into this hack.

So Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    oh i didnt mean to revive any old threads or cause you any trouble its just something i saw. keep up the great work Blazichu

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Well it has been awhile, but this time I have to show this new part of the hack. This is where you get your starter Pokemon, not shown as of yet.

So here they are...

Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue

Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue

I wonder if she has any importance in the hack. You will have to find out.

So Enjoy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back