• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Collector Cuts off Little Girl's Clothes for Pokemon pictures

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Original article in japanese: http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/e-japan/yamagata/news/20110605-OYT8T00649.htm

A 6-year-old girl playing by her house in Yamagata. She was approached by two young men on bicycles who seem to resemble high school students. One of them used scissors to forcibly cut out the picture of 3 Pokemon on the little girl's shirt, leaving her with a 10cm hole over her chest. The girl was unharmed.

The girl told her father who reported to the police afterward. It is believed to be a prank and it is under investigation.

[I didn't post this in Pokemon General cause Other Chat seems more appropriate somehow... given the nature of the attack.]

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
    Years
  • did they just want the Pokemon? or do they just hate Pokemon so bad that they harm people who openly like it? D:<

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Why would they want some kid's Pokémon shirt when they can just print some pictures off the internet?

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Imagine what was going through that little girls mind when these two men approached her and started cutting her shirt. It's sickening in a way. I didn't read the full article as I'm on my phone and it's painfully slow to open links, but did they get a jail sentence? I should hope so.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    That's just plain messed up. Why would they do that? I mean seriously? That girl could be scarred now and that's no laughing matter. It's idiots like those that really irritates me.

What I want to know is what pokemon did they cut onto her shirt lol.
    I don't find that amusing in the least.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why the hell would you wanna do that? Go print the pictures, go buy the game and get those three Pokemon in your game, anything but cut a girl's shirt. That could have been the only shirt she had, for all they know. Did she not even fight back or anything? Or tell them no? I mean, if someone came up to me and was randomly cutting my shirt, I'd probably push them off me or say something at least. I'm not gonna just take it. But I mean, it was a little girl. I guess she didn't know what to do.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • That's sickening. I hope they get caught and get a jail sentence. Who would do that? As others have said you could get the Pokemon the other way or you could buy the shirt yourself and cut it out. -.- People like this are a disgrace to our race.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Why the hell would you wanna do that? Go print the pictures, go buy the game and get those three Pokemon in your game, anything but cut a girl's shirt. That could have been the only shirt she had, for all they know. Did she not even fight back or anything? Or tell them no? I mean, if someone came up to me and was randomly cutting my shirt, I'd probably push them off me or say something at least. I'm not gonna just take it. But I mean, it was a little girl. I guess she didn't know what to do.
    Japan's also pretty different and, as far as I'm aware, women/girls are taught to be fairly submissive from day one. :/ That might not be as true anymore but if someone's got scissors to your chest, I doubt you're gonna be violently flailing around, and if you're 6 and approached by two men anyway, there's not much you can do.

This is gross but I'm also curious what Pokémon could possibly be worth getting arrested (I'm hoping they'll catch these guys :/) for. I mean, it's probably not hard to find Pokémon shirts there and the images they use on the graphic t-shirts are pretty standard fare. I doubt it's collectors so much as perverts who just wanted an "excuse" to cut a hole in the chest of a little girl's shirt. Gross.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Wow, that girl must have been terrified. Feel bad for her... Not sure what was going on in their heads. :<

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    That article...doesn't really mention them being Pokemon fans, does it? o_o It doesn't really say much about the two guys other than they were high schoolers. I think they were just two teens looking to be d-bags to a little girl for whatever reason.

I would wonder wtf the parents were thinking letting the girl out by herself, but I've heard that Japan is pretty notorious for its crappy parenting.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Either those 2 are real pokemon addicts, to the point of collecting T-shirt prints, or they just hate pokemon, or it's just a prank. Either of those 3, it's not dignified.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • J-just why? .___.

Well one thing, atleast they didn't harm the girl. But it's still ridiculous and stupid that they'd go to the extend of cutting Pokemon from a girl's shirt.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is awful, people using the name of Pokemon to create such awful drama. I hope this won't discourage her from future Pokemon fandom. I cannot stand bullying.

Though, if you remember that the girl wasn't harmed and look at it objectively, it is a little funny...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Since the OP's link was entirely in Japanese, I couldn't read it. I ran it through Google translate and the results were an amusing mass of Engrish. XD

At around 5 pm by a man like two high school students in Yamagata City Zyou Date, a first grade girl was playing near his home town (6), but like a man've cut some of the students T-shirts and by, reported to the police through the father Yamagata. The girl was not injured. The police suspect a malicious prank, with a view to examining the alleged assault. According to the announcement, while girls are playing alone, students appeared like a man on a bicycle, T 3 places where the pattern of breast-shirt "We will get to celebrate," and things like scissors cut .
    A man from one of the duo. The popular anime picture "Pokemon" in character, is that the size of the cropped area was less than 10 centimeters.
    A man wearing a red T-shirt and shorts. The police have stepped up patrols.

At least the girl wasn't hurt or anything. It's probably just a whimsical teenage prank like those you see in anime all the tie. :/

Years
  • I would wonder wtf the parents were thinking letting the girl out by herself, but I've heard that Japan is pretty notorious for its crappy parenting.
    You see kids that girl's age walking home from school by themselves, even in larger cities. I don't think it's crappy parenting per se, just that Japan's a relatively very safe place where something like this would make national news because it doesn't happen very often at all. That, and kids there are way more responsible, excepting the rare disturbed high school prankster. Honestly, if I had a 6 year old kid and lived in Japan I don't think I'd necessarily worry about letting them go outside on their own. I mean, I wouldn't do it all the time, but I wouldn't fret about it either.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • poor girl...I bet she was afraid that they might have kidnapped her or done something worse to her than cut up her pokemon t-shirt...
    Those high school kids behaved really immaturely...

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • You're going to think I'm evil
    But I laughed my *** off at this. I mean, it's wrong, very wrong, but still, imagine going up to someone and cutting Pokemon outta their shirt
    Yes, I'm an evil child

Back