• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2013
    Some of my favorite games in the Pokemon Franchise. They had great plots, an interesting new twist on capturing and befriending your pokemon, ect. What was it that you liked or disliked about these 2 great games that debuted on the Gamecube in Gen 3?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Well.... I think my favorite aspect is using Mt Battle to level up my egg hatched Pokes from Emerald. The extra boost from trading coupled with how fast battles go made it really easy to level Pokemon real quick. Even using Exp.Share for a lot of it I would go from level 5 easily to level 50 or higher in no time. I also like that the variety of Pokemon seen in Mt Battle. Nearly every Pokemon in the game is seen (including baby evolutions on the earliest trainers). I can't get bored with it.

The " trouble" is you can't really EV train easily. I have made an excel sheet with what EV's you get from each trainer in both games, which Ild love to share in case someone finds it useful. I intended to use this to know what EV's a Poke earned so I could use berries to get rid of ones I didn't want to train in.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Loved these games - neat storyline (even with the plotholes), about as dark as Pokemon is going to get with the Pokemon themselves (implying torturing Pokemon to turn them into fighting machines full of anger? heck yeah) and also the best imo protagonist in Wes (never mind the others, he starts the game by making stuff explode.) Also they have Miror B. What's not to like? =p

Lack of wild Pokemon is a bit disappointing though (sure it makes sense, but nonetheless). XD's version of it felt off to me too (ie bribe with cake). And colo's save feature was kinda annoying with it being PC only (thankfully fixed with XD).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    They;re the only spinoff games I'll play, I actually found it easier to create a good team of six Pokemon in XD than in any of the handheld games. Yes to motorized transport. And a definite yes to Miror B. And within the whole organization of Cipher it seemed the Admins actually had unique personalities.

Still wish you could play as a girl, but Wes is more awesome than any of the male protagonists in the main series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I really feel that these deserve main series status, as unlike the other spin offs they can trade between the main series games, and you can train your pokemon in them. I really wish they made a sequel, or at least "similar" game on the wii that could trade with the Gen IV games.

I wouldnt even mind losing the story line and having only something like Mt Battle that can be used to train your pokemon to level 100 and trade back to your DS.

Years
    They really deserve another game. I thought Battle Revolution was supposed to be one, but when I realised there was no story (and no Miror B) I was disappointed.
    Hopefully Wii U may see the next game in the series.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    They really deserve another game. I thought Battle Revolution was supposed to be one, but when I realised there was no story (and no Miror B) I was disappointed.
    Hopefully Wii U may see the next game in the series.

If Battle Revolution even just offered a way to trade to level up and trade back I would happily buy it. I agree with you Mirror B was an awsome NPC, and his inclussion in a future Pokemon game would make my day. There's something to say about spending hours in front of the TV battleing and knowing that your Pokemon is getting stronger for it's journey on the handheld systems though. Its what made the many, many hours I put into Colloseum and XD worth the journey [besides just being fun games in their own right].

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ah, Pokemon Colosseum. My all-time favorite spin-off. Super nostalgic for me! I remember saving up for it and I gave my mom my money to go out and purchase it for me, and she ended up getting me the bonus disc as well because they were being given for free! Yay for getting games on release date! Great game. Different, darker storyline with interesting main characters (though I don't particularly care for Anca...YES. It's Anca! I refuse to call her Rui!). The concept of the game I thought was great. When I was a kid playing Yellow, I'd try to catch people's Pokemon all the time, and then Colosseum comes out and it's like ,"Finally! I can stea-- I MEAN SNAG!"

But of course, that does lead me to a big flaw in the game, that being the selection. There are only 48 Shadow Pokemon (and 1 free Plusle...yay?), most of which you probably wouldn't want to bother adding to your main team anyway because they're just so late in the game, such as Houndoom or Miltank. The selection wasn't really great anyway. It was mainly Johto Pokemon, which for a gen III game was great because this was the only way you could get most of these guys on your RSE or FRLG carts. But still, if you're a person that likes to use the best Pokemon and only the best, you might not like this selection. That doesn't bother me too much, it's just the fact that when I replay the game, I end up with the same stuff I've used time and time again. Doesn't make the game any less fun for me, but I know some people would say different.

Another flaw was the saving. Had to do it on a PC, which the first time playing, you don't know when you're getting close to one, so you have your parents telling you to turn off your game, and you can't find or remember where a PC is. This, and the above problem, was fixed in the sequel thankfully. The sequel was great I think, but Colosseum has my heart, despite the bad and small Pokemon selection and the PC hunting. XD was too bright and was missing my favorite city. So I was sad.

But all in all, both games are brilliant, and I would love to see a Wii or 3DS adaptation to expand on the story of Orre. Or heck, surprise us with a new region. Whatever they wanna do, if it has Shadow Pokemon, I am completely on board.

The " trouble" is you can't really EV train easily. I have made an excel sheet with what EV's you get from each trainer in both games, which Ild love to share in case someone finds it useful. I intended to use this to know what EV's a Poke earned so I could use berries to get rid of ones I didn't want to train in.

If you'd like, I'd gladly unlock the Colosseum FAQ thread so that you could post the chart. I can't guarantee many would use it, as I don't even think people look at that thread anymore, but hey, you never know who would like to have that information! I have gotten a lot of strange and obscure questions asked in Q&A threads, so yeah. Plus I'd hate for your work to be wasted. Just let me know if you'd like to do so.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    If Battle Revolution even just offered a way to trade to level up and trade back I would happily buy it. I agree with you Mirror B was an awsome NPC, and his inclussion in a future Pokemon game would make my day. There's something to say about spending hours in front of the TV battleing and knowing that your Pokemon is getting stronger for it's journey on the handheld systems though. Its what made the many, many hours I put into Colloseum and XD worth the journey [besides just being fun games in their own right].

I said many times before, and I say it once more.

A Pokemon Stadium game for the Wii/Wii U!

For all 5 Generations, connectivity to DS/DSi/3DS, Gym Leader Castle for all 5 regions, More Mini games, Free Battle, Stadium Rounds 1 and 2, and of course, battling Red and Silver!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    These games really were pretty neat. The storyline was fresh at the time, and it was a pretty fun concept. To be finally able to stea- SNAG, someone's Pokemon was fun. Got to play the good-bad guy. While the selection of Pokemon wasn't my all time favorite, the Battle Now mode was. I love playing that, even today. I still lose all the time on Ultimate. :'c

But the saving system SUCKED. Having to SEARCH for a PC was terrible. And then the whole part where you're running around trying to figure out who the heck sells Pokeballs anymore was ridiculous. Plus, if no one uses them anymore, why are they still just as expensive as they are in the main series? D<

The level spike on the actual Colosseums was pretty crazy, too. First Pyrite campaign was perfectly fine, and then the second one they were already on level fifty! The HECK is that?

XD had to be my favorite out of the two as far as Pokemon selection. But other than that, it kind of fell short for me, especially their pitiful Battle Now mode.

All in all, I loved the games. If they came out with a third (a third, not a remake to fit a new console version), I'd more than likely buy it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    One thing that bugged me in Battle Mode is that you couldn't use the Pokemon from your GBA games and your GBA/GBA SP as a controller.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    Some of my favorite games in the Pokemon Franchise. They had great plots, an interesting new twist on capturing and befriending your pokemon, ect. What was it that you liked or disliked about these 2 great games that debuted on the Gamecube in Gen 3?

I loved Coloseum. It was kinda a new way to view Pokemon. I played it not too long ago and got hooked. Then, my memory card messed up so I stopped. :(. It had a great plotline. XD was good, as well. Especially with the whole Shadow Lugia thing. I just felt like it was way too much like Coloseum, so it wasn't as good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    These games really were pretty neat. The storyline was fresh at the time, and it was a pretty fun concept. To be finally able to stea- SNAG, someone's Pokemon was fun. Got to play the good-bad guy. While the selection of Pokemon wasn't my all time favorite, the Battle Now mode was. I love playing that, even today. I still lose all the time on Ultimate. :'c

But the saving system SUCKED. Having to SEARCH for a PC was terrible. And then the whole part where you're running around trying to figure out who the heck sells Pokeballs anymore was ridiculous. Plus, if no one uses them anymore, why are they still just as expensive as they are in the main series? D<

The level spike on the actual Colosseums was pretty crazy, too. First Pyrite campaign was perfectly fine, and then the second one they were already on level fifty! The HECK is that?

XD had to be my favorite out of the two as far as Pokemon selection. But other than that, it kind of fell short for me, especially their pitiful Battle Now mode.

All in all, I loved the games. If they came out with a third (a third, not a remake to fit a new console version), I'd more than likely buy it.

I agree saving in Colloseum was annoying it was good that in XD they allow you to save anywhere. I think the cost was explained in one of the games that poke balls have to be imported just for you... Which I expected to make them more expensive than the other games

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Comparing XD and Colo, I preferred the storyline and personalities of the Cipher Admins more in Colo, but XD had superior selection of Pokemon as well as a better save system. I do wish for a sequel that combines the story elements of Colo/XD and the "battle mode" elements of the Stadium games, but honestly, I'd be looking forward to any chance to take on Cipher again (and to have a game that doesn't place a lot of emphasis on badge collecting).

As for Miror B., his battle music was equally awesome in both games :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Pokemon Colosseum is my favorite spin off ! This game is the most mature and the story line is the most interesting. Moreover, the 2nd gen is the best generation (to my mind).

I hope to see Pokemon Colosseum 3DS or Wii U
    One day, maybe.

blue

gucci
    Years
    These we're the best games for the Gamecube by far, the storyline was brilliant, the plot was fascinating and both had unique features to differ from eachother which I really enjoyed. They also have great replay value and I for one would love to see a direct sequel.

As for Miror B., his battle music was equally awesome in both games :P

I'd always look forward to hearing his theme in the games, not so much XD but Colosseum!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    I loved pretty much everything about Colosseum and XD, excellent games with an excellent soundtrack and storyline, there's not much more you can ask for with Pokemon. I'm really hoping tpc will realize how well-received they were and possibly throw us a bone in the form of a sequel or similar game.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    Pokemon +TV + Decent Adventure = Awesome

Need I say more? These are the only two pokemon games on the TV where you get to have a (somewhat) proper pokemon adventure ON THE TV, with all the perks that come along from it. We need more games like this, I understand pokemon was meant to be more portable and all, but a full blown 3D adventure is just awesome in my book.

Back