• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
Years
  • Since I don't currently see a thread for this game, I thought I might create one. I hope it's okay. ^^

How do you feel about this game? I personally loved it (to the point of obsession). I thought it was the first of its kind in terms of having a completely different story, goal, and even feel to the game. I enjoyed the darker, more mature theme. The only real complaint I have about it is the length of the game...too short! :( The post game did have some pretty cool stuff, but the actual story was too short for me. I was always yearning for more! xD

Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It scared me as a kid but I loved it so much. It's really good and has awesome music. The only gripe I have is the limited options of pokemon to use and the fact I have to save on computers as opposed to saving anywhere I please. It made exploring through dungeons really annoying.

Last edited:

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
  • It scared me as a kid but I loved it so much. It's really good and has awesome music. The only gripe I have the the limited options of pokemon to use and the fact I have to save on computers as opposed to saving anywhere I please. It made exploring through dungeons really annoying.

Agreed, the soundtrack is absolutely awesome and unforgettable. They definitely could have expanded the number of available Pokemon, but at least the ones they had were decent-good. :)

And yes! The saving only at computers was uncool. That would be my other complaint.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I agree on the scariness. As a kid, the Under and its music were pretty creepy. Not to mention those Peons falling from the sky haha. But I absolutely loved this game and XD. Concept of shadow 'mons was cool, OST was amazing, just an overall great game. Just sad to see it couldn't continue into subsequent generations.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I agree on the scariness. As a kid, the Under and its music were pretty creepy. Not to mention those Peons falling from the sky haha. But I absolutely loved this game and XD. Concept of shadow 'mons was cool, OST was amazing, just an overall great game. Just sad to see it couldn't continue into subsequent generations.

omg yes the jump scares bruh. Especially in the final section where my controller pauses and the camera zooms in on that bodybuilder dude who comes through the door and slams into the player. That freaked me out so badly. xD

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Two words that make this game?

Miror B.

But seriously, he's the greatest character of anything I really like this game, and I wish there was a continuation. Like, if Cipher actually had a base in Kalos or Unova, that would be interesting. Or, if there was a second in command that tried to revive Cipher.

I'unno. I prefer XD than the original.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Oh, another Colosseum thread.

Well... I won't say 2 words, I will say 3 times 2 words =D

Colosseum is my favorite spin-off game.

I immediately fell in love with the gameplay and characters, especially Wes and Rui, they were so cute together :D
    Wes is by far the best protagonist Pokemon ever created.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    It's a pretty good game! I love how you can play as a former Team Snagem member as well as the different and refreshing story. The music is also pretty good too, but not great. I didn't like how every battle in Colosseum is a Double Battle, however, and this is coming from someone who enjoys Double Battles.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I loved it too! I'm kind of disappointed that there hasn't been anything like it in subsequent generations. I agree with a lot of what you guys have mentioned, it could have been longer, and it would be nice if there were more options as far as Pokemon to catch. But it was still an amazing game, a nice change of pace from the usual Pokemon game. My fingers are crossed that a game like it will come out in the future :)

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
  • I agree with above posters, I wish that Orre would make a return. :/ Especially with the beautiful Wii U graphics. The plot of both games was great, as was Team Cipher. The Cipher Admins, especially in Colosseum, were awesome.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    How do you feel about this game? I personally loved it (to the point of obsession).

Basically sums up my view of Colosseum. I loved it. It was great and I have lots of memories and experiences from it that I still remember to this day from back when I was a kid. Not to mention the soundtracks were really good (Miror B! <33). I also loved the catch other peoples Pokémon mechanic. It was different and cool. I really wish they could make a new sequel or a remake for the Wii U. It would be absolutely amazing with the new graphics and music they could pull off.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Colosseum is definitely one of the games i want to see another installment of! i personally didn't play XD though, so i guess i could start with that, haha..

man that Miror B. music is giving me massive nostalgia
    (ノ>▽< \)

Years
  • I never liked the every battle a double battle aspect.
    It also took ages to level pokes up.
    The limited pool of pokes was annoying to.
    The girl that stalked you was annoying aswell.

However the music was really cool, the story was ok an the graphics still (in my opinion) look good even today. Certain y a Gamecube classic.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • I loved Colosseum and its sequel to pieces. I remember spending hours capturing all the Shadow Pokemon and purifying them because I wanted a complete National Dex in FR...

I hope that with the release of OR/AS, we may see another Colosseum-eqsue game for the WiiU or, maybe, for the 3DS. The introduction of Mega Evolution opens a new door for bad guy motives and the Snag Em machine, or its latest incarnate, could also function as the protagonist's Key Stone (Hey, Mega Eevees, anyone?)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Colosseum had a fantastic atmosphere, and I thought designing a Pokemon game to be more like a standard RPG was pretty novel.

That said, it's still riddled with issues, but the atmosphere and music more than makes up for it in my case. XD toned down the atmosphere but the variety it presented was very appreciated regardless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon Colosseum was amazing, no doubt. It's arguably one of the best spin-off titles out there.

I've personally never owned the game, but my friend did have it, which she let me borrow for a month or two; thanks to her, I was able to go through it. I've enjoyed almost each and every second of game-play, to be honest. What I was most fond of this game is, like XD, shadow Pokémon. The feature really intrigues me, generally; shadow attacks, shadow power, and all of that.

I feel it would have been fantastic if this feature were to make it into main-series titles, somehow, rather than mega-evolution. Well, I suppose they could include mega-evolution system as well if they wish. These two things could be playing as each other's counterpart, I imagine; one would be relying on power of shadow, while other leans more on something natural.

Years
  • Beautiful soundtrack, new gameplay mechanics, an awesome region crossing between a western-desert type area and a great forest area that was only to be expanded upon even more in the game's sequel. Stunning game, my first Pokémon game, and I won't forget it. Let's hope for a future installment on the Wii U/3DS, or better yet, a remake... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back