• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Conventions?

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    I'm pretty much glued to my computer most of the time, and even then I don't actually have a connection at home, so I'm pretty much cut off from the real world. So I wanted to know, are there any Pokemon conventions, and how close are they to Virginia?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Is Pokemon popular enough to have its own conventions?

I am also curious to know.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    If you mean conventions for fans specifically of Pokemon, the closest thing I found were the events that Nintendo holds.

But sometimes anime or video game conventions would be a good place to go. When I used to go to an anime convention up in Boston, MA, I saw a few people dressed up as Pokemon characters or buying items.

There's also the TCG pre-release tournaments, which are like conventions only geared for the TCG.

Really, just look around online for anime conventions in Virginia to see what you can find.

Back