• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Coolness Factor

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    As far as I go, I am extremely shy. I'm not a nerd, because nerds are good with electronics, and I'm not a geek... I guess the best way to describe me is a dork.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    You don't have to be wierd or geeky/nerdy or need to get a life if you play pokemon, because thats what YOU like - I like. Just like other people who have thier hobbies that they enjoy, we may not like what they do but it pleases them doesn't it?

I am not a geeky person nor a nerd either. I am pretty sociable and funny and my friends don't mind if I like pokemon. No one but me plays it. I am smart, not to boast but I am at the top grades for every subject. They don't tease me cause then they won't get any help from me! Hehe ^-^

I like the computer but I am not obsessed with it.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    i'm a mega nerd, most think pokemon is for babies but it's fun! same with the other thing i'm a total nerd about, star wars.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I disagree with you. I think this is quite an appropriate question. This is a pokemon forum, and this is a question related to pokemon, is it not?

Yes, but I don't think you understand me.

He's asking whether he should play Pokemon or not to people who like Pokemon.
    It's like asking a psychopathic murderer if it's okay if they went around killing people. The murderer would most likely say yes.

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Yes, but I don't think you understand me.

He's asking whether he should play Pokemon or not to people who like Pokemon.
    It's like asking a psychopathic murderer if it's okay if they went around killing people. The murderer would most likely say yes.

We all understand what you are saying. I am not only asking that but also what everyone else on pc are like. (you would know if you read the entire post, despite the size of the text) also I would appreciate it if you stopped posting here, because it is getting repetitive and aggrivating to me. thanks

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Well, in real life. I'm a very quiet person. I don't go out much, maybe once or twice a week to see family. I'm also very anti-social. I'm not popular either. I havn't told any of my friends (even my best friend) that I like Poke'mon. If I told them, i'd just be really scared of people picking on me. I even stay up to all hours playing Poke'mon I'm that much of a Poke'nerd. xD

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Well, in real life. I'm a very quiet person. I don't go out much, maybe once or twice a week to see family. I'm also very anti-social. I'm not popular either. I havn't told any of my friends (even my best friend) that I like Poke'mon. If I told them, i'd just be really scared of people picking on me. I even stay up to all hours playing Poke'mon I'm that much of a Poke'nerd. xD

Hmm well I play pokemon alot also but that doesn't make me a nerd so neither are you. I know some very cool quiet shy people. My old best friend was very shy and he ended up being really cool when I got to know him.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    also I would appreciate it if you stopped posting here, because it is getting repetitive and aggrivating to me. thanks

hmm thats not very polite is it? I do not think you have the power to silence someone just because you started the thread (also you spelled aggravating wrong)

but on subject I am a somewhat outgoing person and I do not care if anyone thinks I'm not cool because I play pokemon because I don't care.

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    hmm thats not very polite is it? I do not think you have the power to silence someone just because you started the thread (also you spelled aggravating wrong)

but on subject I am a somewhat outgoing person and I do not care if anyone thinks I'm not cool because I play pokemon because I don't care.

I wasn't trying to be impolite to her but she just started saying negative things about this post for no reason such as the font being to large, and that it isnt a good thing to ask.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years

EXACT SAME situation for me.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I am a reclusive artist that stays in her room. I have the weirdest tastes - on one side I like things considered part of childrens media like Pokemon, but on the other I like very dark things like The Crow. Dunno why, dunno how.

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'm actually pretty social...? o.o I don't have a million friends but I love to talk to people and in school I've that overtly happy person that talks way too loudly. I have a few super super close friends but I don't really like people my age, the teenagers here are pretty rude. :c

also everyone knows I like Pokemon and they don't judge me for it at all. :3 People here dig it. And they call me "Pikachu" or "Misty".

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Well, actually, I'm that kid in the back of the room who gets 100's on everything and sits alone at the lunch table.
    It's just 'cuz back when I started middle school kids picked on me because of my braces and then so I kinda never made any friends. I'm cool with it though, I'll answer people if they talk to me, usually because they ask if I'm mute or something.... >< But yeah, so I'm a loner who has nothing to do but study... Well... I don't ever really study because I pay attention in school but... Meh.
    But several people, usually my sister's friends tell me that I'm the coolest person that they know, apparently I am a very funny and coolieo person when I'm not my silent side in school. At home I'm extremely loud and will talk for hours about something,
    And the kids in my high school know that I like Pokemon because I have this little Celebi keychain on my backpack, they don't make fun of it.
    There are cool kids who play Pokemon, I'm just not one of them, XP I'm a nerd who wears collared shirts and dress pants to school everyday... ^^;
    Sorry for typing so much, I guess it's a lot, maybe....

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I'm what I consider the "Socially Unaccepted". My freidns and I fall into this category of teenagers who the preps and jocks wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with. We talk about raunchy, inappropriate topics, the girls in our group are as perverted as us guys, and we love video games =) I don't give a flying (whoops can't say that ;^_^) about what people think of me playing Pokemon, I'll sick Umbreon on your preppy asses.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    Surely, there are other normal people that also play Pokemon too -- take my older, popular, sporty friend for example.

Though, I don't see myself as a normal person. I'm very comfortable with the stuff that other people might think are creepy or disturbing. I love games that take exploring, such as Pokemon. I'm quite timid, so it's quite obvious that I'm not very popular.

Ayselipera

I'm quite the introvert yet I have a lot of friends in school. I really enjoy talking to anyone which is why I have such a wide variety of friends, my closets friends happen to be the popular kids, but that's only because we've been friends with each other since elementary school. I really like crossing in between the different 'groups' and talking to 'outcasts' within the school because I find that they are the most interesting people around and I could careless what my close friends think about them.

That being said I almost never go out with friends anymore. They sort of annoy me after a while and I prefer to do my own thing most of the time anyways. I honestly spend a lot of my time hanging out with my two cousins or my little brother because I get along with them really well.

Even though I really like Pokemon no one besides my family knows I play. I just think it's better to keep it to myself rather then let it all out. Also, no one besides me and people online know that I watch anime. With that said I don't even watch a lot. Most of my anime watching consists of Sailor Moon and Elfen Lied which I both haven't watch since last summer.

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Well, actually, I'm that kid in the back of the room who gets 100's on everything and sits alone at the lunch table.
    It's just 'cuz back when I started middle school kids picked on me because of my braces and then so I kinda never made any friends. I'm cool with it though, I'll answer people if they talk to me, usually because they ask if I'm mute or something.... >< But yeah, so I'm a loner who has nothing to do but study... Well... I don't ever really study because I pay attention in school but... Meh.
    But several people, usually my sister's friends tell me that I'm the coolest person that they know, apparently I am a very funny and coolieo person when I'm not my silent side in school. At home I'm extremely loud and will talk for hours about something,
    And the kids in my high school know that I like Pokemon because I have this little Celebi keychain on my backpack, they don't make fun of it.
    There are cool kids who play Pokemon, I'm just not one of them, XP I'm a nerd who wears collared shirts and dress pants to school everyday... ^^;
    Sorry for typing so much, I guess it's a lot, maybe....

I think you could be a very cool person if you talked more in school and took some social risks! Try out some jeans and a plain T-shirt. I would hang out with you if you were in my school. And you aren't the only one with braces, and I don't think people should make fun of you for them.

Back