• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Cops 'n' Robbers (TEMPORARY NAME!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheeseyPuff

Stealth CoOwner:The Ninja Club
Years
  • Sorry to everyone about the other thread.... I wasn't prepared.... But now I am!!! Go me!!! Okay, here's the story:

Story1=Cop
    As a young boy, you watched your mother and girlfriend kidnaped and haven't seen hide nor hair of them. Your father seems rather suspicious, but you can't tell whether he did it or not. Growing up, you see the occasional "new clue" on the tv, but continue your own search for the girls in your life. Your father tries to get you to stop, but you refuse. Eventually you leave home and join up with the local police force as a cadet. You soon prove your worth and are upgraded to officer. You lead you Pokemon Police Squad on the hunt for your mother and girlfriend....

Story2=Robber
    You were always raised to think that anything you wanted, you took. Your parents demonstrated this one day by kidnapping a small boy's mom and girlfriend. You can't believe that two are really that easy to kidnap. Eventually, you go out and steal yourself a pokemon from the local lab. With a new officer on your heels, you run away from the hideout, so as to not draw attention to yourself. At one point you stop and turn around to battle your new rival....

Okay what do you think? I've also got some screens. They are actual in-game screens, mainly just mapping, (I CAN'T EDIT SPRITES WORTH CRAP!!!) but I think they're not that bad....
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/alisair1.PNG
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/alisair2.PNG
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/perrigh1.PNG
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/route102-1.PNG
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/route102-2.PNG
    https://bauxite.newsbob.com/route102-3.PNG
    So what do think? I'll also need some help with sprite editing and stuff like that. OH! Almost forgot...
    Features:
    New region (Laeit)
    New Pokemon
    New trainers
    New Gym Leaders
    New Elite 4
    New towns/maps

And now I'm done....

PyR0

!
    Years
  • lol sorta good screens and storyline lol ;) anyways, ill help you out with sprites, im pretty good...you can contact me on msn, or aol (Im mostly on msn tho)

MrCheeseyPuff

Years
  • @PyRO - Sorry, I don't do messengers. Could you PM some samples of your work?
    @Sheepnut - Yes, I hope to change the overworld map (that is the town map thing like when you fly, right?) but I'm not going to change it until the last.
    @Ramon - Yeah. :D I'm going to try to change it from when it says "Boy or Girl?" to "Cop or Robber?" I'm going to work on it a little more today.

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
  • umm...

On your hack... Did you only use header editor for making mist and not hack anything??? That's a little lazy of u:\ Anyway... Delete the whole map! i mean by that... go to littleroot, delete EVERYTHING! thats the way you make your maps new and not just lazy maps. like you put a new tree in littleroot and think that's enough! No it's not... Anyway, Good luck and keep on hackin'

MrCheeseyPuff

Years
  • @flash boy - Can you make some new pokemon? Or could you make the sprites for the cop and robber?
    @Li-Kero - ..... Yes.... I used the header editor.... And, uhmm.... I didn't put up any screens of Littleroot.... Littleroot is the starting town, right? Yeah, it's a desert town now. :P
    @mini34 - Can you PM me a sample of your work?

Also, I've got all maps done (with header editor) up to and including Petalburg (Alisair). I will release the first beta as soon as I get some sprites for the new starters.

revan323486

Fear me or I'll cry...
    Years
  • hmm... the story line is good... but the screenies I saw could use some work...dont rush... it is a important rule in hacking...

MrCheeseyPuff

Years
  • Yeah, I know.... I just, never have time for the hack anymore.... I gots loads of homework, chores, and important tv and gaming to do, so I can't really be on the computer as much as I would like. BTW, if anyone wants to help, feel free to ask, but post or PM me a sample of whatever it is you do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2006
    I am excited to see how this turns out, I know how that goes with school and work and everything but keep plugging away at it and in the end, rather than have it be a half job, it may take a little longer but it will be one amazing hack, if you need an example of this look at Jeremy's Pokemon Ice, there putting together one amazing hack.

brockman5

Sprite Master..
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    Oh hey Mr. Puff I'm here i can do sprites like you've already said!! I will work on three new starters! Maybe three new ones for each cop/robber!! * go's to work!

MrCheeseyPuff

Years
  • Thanks for the support everyone. I'm gonna work on it today I promise. I'll release the first beta when brockman gets done with the starters.... Or would you guys like it now with just the maps worked on?

MrCheeseyPuff

Years
  • Uhmm... Okay. I kinda can't host it on my site because my site is just a forum with no upload function, soooo.... Can anyone else host it? I'll put a link in my sig to your site when you do host it, if you do host it. BTW I don't have the trainer sprites either. :P I could probably find those online though, so I'll work on that after school.

brockman5

Sprite Master..
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    Good choices because I was currently working on grass/flying. These might take some time because I am trying to make them PERFECT!! Well have to go work some more..

Edit: Here are the three starters a Grass/flying pokemon...*don't know a name*
    The Water/Rock pokemon...Aqrock The Electric pokemon Mectric!!! I couldn't make the back sprites they looked like crap! If anyone would like to try them please do and you will be given credit in the game!!

https://img324.imageshack.us/img324/2552/3pokestarters0mn.png

The first one was
    Base: Pidgey mixed with - beautifly - Marill - Vibrava
    2nd pokemon Base: Azumarill - Raichu - Golduck
    3rd pokemon Base: Sandchrew - Amphros

I hope you like them Cheese Man!! If not Pm me with more detail!! Please try the backs somebody!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back