• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Creation Game

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 23, 2023
I think it would be cool if there was a Pokemon game akin to Super Mario Maker where you make Pokemon instead of platforming levels. All of the Fan Pokemon I see everywhere indicates there is a strong desire to create your own Pokemon, so I think a game like this would sell well.

Guest123_x1

I've always wanted a "Pokémon Maker" in virtually the same concept described in the OP. Oh what fun fans would have in creating their own regions, making their own Gym battles, and whatever else.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Years
I think the OP has a point. There's a substantial amount of fanart to demonstrate that very talented people are capable of creating awesome pokemon designs. The interest, motivation, and requisite effort are all there.

But as the others have pointed out, I don't want to see the officially released games to serve as a conduit for this. If we could have (fandom-supported) platforms for new pokemon designing and rom hacking, then the two parties (artists and game developers) could collaborate to make engaging games with great pokemon designs.

Back