• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Creepypastas

Bohemian_Rhapsody

Professional Daydreamer
Years
  • Have you ever read a pokemon creepypasta and what do you think of them?
    For those of you lucky people who are unaware of what a creepypasta is.
    Creepypasta is generally a story posted on a forum, image board, or sent through e-mail telling a scary story. These stories usually range from retelling of old folk stories to completely new stories. Creepypasta has been around in different variations and called different things as long as the internet has been around. First starting out on BBSs and then migrating to usenet. Creepypasta has especially spread through 4chan, where it got its name as a derivative of Copypasta

The first Pokemon creepypasta I ever read was called Glitchy Red purely by accident when I was looking through dA. Reading actually made me want to stop playing Pokemon for a while. (Granted I read it at past midnight, all alone in my house.) But the funny part was, it made me want to search out more Pokemon creepypastas. (Which I did and proceeded to creep myself out even more.)

So tell me your thoughts on Pokemon creepypastas. Like them? Hate them? Never knew they existed?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Ohh, the first pokemon creepypasta I read was the one about Pokemon black. The "hacked version" That always had you with a ghost that ended up ruining your characters like? Yeah. It was very unsettling, haha. I wasn't reminded with the new pokemon black version, but eesh, it's slightly creepy now that I remember it. I liked it because of the good writing style. It really sent shivers down my back!

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • The first I read was the Lavendar Town Music Conspiracy one. It's a good story imo. Most aren't all that great though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I have never read one before, I think that sometime later on today I should go look for one because they do sound very interesting. But I highly doubt that I would get in any way creep out.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Yup, I read creepy black when it first started to gain popularity on the internet, I was just stumbling along through the internet and the suddenly im at time cartridge reading that story o.o
    but after that I got really interested in pokemon creepypasta and continued to read lost silver, the lavender town tones and glitchy red. I even put them all into a thread on here (its lost in the c&t section xD) and now I own a website about them, which I should probably update. But from reading SO many of them its kinda lost its sting a bit, not its just the same old garbage about how some kids finds a game or how your mean to your pokemon and they kill you for it.
    I have never read one before, I think that sometime later on today I should go look for one because they do sound very interesting. But I highly doubt that I would get in any way creep out.

:t354:TG
    The most memorable ones aren't that creepy really, there more depressing.

Mephodicus

Inventor
    Years
  • Black was the one that I remembered the most. I'm not so sure if there was one written about the Lavinder Town theme in the original Red/Green releases. That creeped me out. Not sure if that's black though. it's been a while since I read a few.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • gosh... can people PLEASE stop it with creepypasta... PLEASE!!!!!!! :sadpikachuface:

This isn't exactly 100% strictly related with pokemon either, and I really get easily scared by these stuff. Whenever I'm about to forget it SOMEONE has to remind me of it... :'(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Haha, sorry. Guess that it's doing it's job right, then! The point of the creepypasta story is to spook you, so, I guess it fulfilled its role.

I find it interesting how everyone that's replied has read or heard about creepy black, it is rather memorable, isn't it?

There's a fanfiction similar to a creepypasta called 11:59 on this forum, my friend suggested it. It's a decent read as well, I suggest it!

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Hahaha, I always found them either cool or bad :p I really like the ones for gen 1 (for the most part), some are just very cool to think about. Like the Kanto war story one. I really don't like the ones that try just way too hard though, like "pokemon black" and "bloodred"

And, out of curiosity.. why did this get pulled out of pokemon general? It's about pokemon creepies :p

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I LOVE Pokemon creepypastas. Esp the ones that talk about Red and how psychotic he is. I feel a learn a lot about certain creepy pokemon through these and most are great reads.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • The first I read was the Lavender Town Music Conspiracy one. It's a good story imo. Most aren't all that great though.
    Ah, yes, that was my first, too.

It's funny how it can make you believe in a way.

At least it keeps everything interesting and makes you think that Jynx's face change wasn't because of racial issues by because a ghost threatened to kill Satoshi because it looked too much like her.

And that one I just made off the top of my head!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    The only creepypasta story I remember reading was the hacked pokemon black one. I don't really remember how I found it, I think someone gave me a link or something and I read it a while back at like 1am and I get freaked out at scary stuff easily so reasonably it creeped me out A LOT.

Apparently it was suppose to make you think of how you treat your pokemon in the games or something, but I just felt freaked out haha.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • OMG these are the best!
    I've probably read too many by now :p
    I have a few but they're really embarrasing..
    I'm gonna make one up on the spot right now.
    This is like a riddle; see if you can solve it. The title should help.
    Pokemon Red (pasta) (and yes, I know this has been done before)
    Dark. Black. Pitch Black.
    Cold. Dying cold.
    That's what the world is really like. There's no "Pokegods" that small children hunt for except for the ones that don't care, Legendaries.
    The reason the Legendaries, our caretakers, don't, well, care about us is because this world is full of sin and Pokemon abuse. To them, if you're a Pokemon abuser you might as well be abusing them.
    So they have enveloped us in lonelyness.. Isolated from the rest of the world.
    But in doing so, they have had to wrap themselves up..
    Only one person is anywhere close from being unchanged.. His name is Red. Everyone else can only say the same things again and again.
    The sad thing is..
    The majority of the Pokemon can't tell the difference.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I like Pokémon CreepyPastas. They're enjoyable to read. :) I like the ones that were made as ROM hacks, as well. They actually gave me chills. :x

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Thanks to this thread, I'm now completely hooked.

Thank you internet.

I really am liking them!
    The better ones are definately worth the read, and send shivers down one's spine if you let it get to you enough.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
  • Sorry to ressurect this old thread, but a while ago I was on 4chan /x/ and I found this story on The Truth behind the Old Man and his Machop, it might be available on Creepypasta Wiki or something so you should read it. It's interesting and quite creepy to say the least. It's about how Lavender town went to extreme lengths to regain it's popularity, as it was a failing town and the most unpopular in Kanto.
    I shan't ruin the story for you. First creepypata story I read, and it got me hooked!

Sorry about reviving old threads, moderators :3

Back