• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Crystal Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • ExMaikel said:
    I liked the originality of the starters =]

Thank you.

Wow this hack looks nice, but you should put in a good title screen. Job well done.

I've tried, but failed somewhere with pallets... I ended up with a solid blue and yellow Onix O_o
    I think I understand how to do it now, and I'll get it set up as soon as I have time to deal with it.

UPDATE: I've posted a World Map I drew today (thanks to skenno1's tut.) Tell me what you think people!
    Anyone with story ideas is welcome to post them also.

Years
  • 2 questions
    (1)i played a hack where you start with some high grade pokemon which evolve first in their 30's and the 40's but the hacker changed them to lower levels to help the players. are you going to do that?

(2) what do you get when you choose what- what do you get when you choose baltoy, what do you get when you choose crougank and what do you get when you choose cacnea

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Wow, there are a lot of towns on your world map. Are you really planning on including that many? It's going to be awfully hard to script all of that...
    Also, the landscape itself is a little iffy. I like the shape of the continent with the bay and everything but the shading is poor. Overall, though, it could be a lot worse ;)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My Post.....

Owh.....the hair of the hero looks plain...i think i'd be cool if you make him crazy hair.

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • 2 questions
    (1)i played a hack where you start with some high grade pokemon which evolve first in their 30's and the 40's but the hacker changed them to lower levels to help the players. are you going to do that?

(2) what do you get when you choose what- what do you get when you choose baltoy, what do you get when you choose crougank and what do you get when you choose cacnea

(1) I'm sure not. I prefer to keep the Pokemon the same and familiar. Besides, I already edited the starters' base stats to help with that.

(2) What, exactly, is the question? You get Baltoy, Cacnea, or Croagunk.

colcolstyles said:
    Wow, there are a lot of towns on your world map. Are you really planning on including that many? It's going to be awfully hard to script all of that...
    Also, the landscape itself is a little iffy. I like the shape of the continent with the bay and everything but the shading is poor. Overall, though, it could be a lot worse ;)

Yes, the shading is rather poor... I'll slightly edit it a little. Really though, it's topographically accurate, which is what I was going for. I guess I'll make the colors blend a little better, even if tilemapping it is gonna be a b____.

Ray Maverick said:
    Owh.....the hair of the hero looks plain...i think i'd be cool if you make him crazy hair.

I'm not the greatest graphical artist in the world... I think it would be cool too, but it's just too much work for me (I'm lazy about some things.) I would rather script and map, or even insert Pokemon.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • UPDATE TIME!
    I wasn't home Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, and had little time yesterday, but regardless we have progress! (Note: On the eighth I managed to log on on a different computer to reply to any PMs, VMs, or posts.)
    I have completed trainers on Route 302 (old news to me),trainers in Marble Cavern, and a foreshadowing Team Rocket event in said cavern. Also, I've successfully inserted all Pre-Evos except for Mime Jr and Bonsly (the two most pointless ones...) as well as Roserade (Roselia + Leaf Stone)
    I accidentally trapped my save file with my cheated high level Pokemon in Marble Cavern while I was polishing off the Rocket Event (stupid of me...), so I decided to play through my hack today to check for bugs and make sure that wild Pokemon and trainer levels were accomodating. Needless to say, everything now works perfectly, and I'm ready to start in on the next town, which includes a major event and another tournament. So I'm off to do as much as that as I can, since this next week will have me lacking of time as well....
    TTFN, ta-ta for now!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I like the Alpha Curt.

Will there be more battles in the Tournaments after I progress further in the Hack?

Yes there will. Depends on the size of the tournament.
    Small, localized tourneys will probably have three, at most four rounds. They will be one-time deals as well, to keep the competition fair to newcomers (got to show a little consideration for imaginary NPC's.) Seriously, how would you like to fight Lance or Cynthia in Rumblerock with your level 5 (or 6, or 7, depending on your patience with those lv 2's)
    Some of the bigger ones will be replayable, and some might even get harder after you beat them once. Mostly, it will depend on the number of available trainerbattles. I know I'll definitely use the random command so that you don't fight the same exact trainers every time (because that gets boring!)

So I guess it's time to ask for some outside input; how many rounds is suitable for a tournament? Five, six? Don't post anything ridiculous please, honest opinions.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I think 3 rounds for the small tournaments with the little prizes and 6 rounds for the bigger tournaments with big prizes

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Update Time:
    I've been working at this hack as much as I can, and progress is going very well.
    I'm about... maybe 3/4 to 4/5 done with the next alpha, which has new places, new events, and a new tournament. Look for it sometime in the next week.
    The real update today is that I was really getting tired of the bland blue-greenish looking grass background, so I decided to make a few quick pallet edits. I posted screenies of the much improved grass.
    Don't be afraid to tell me what you think, and how I can improve any part of this hack.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • How do you get into the tournament?? I talked to the lady at the desk but she just said that it's a tournament I can win once, but then the text stopped. Which means I can't get in. Is there something I need to do before that??

Trackstar

Say no more.
    Years
  • A whole..

A whole hack, about Crystal Onyx?? Great idea. Scripting seems to have come easy for you.
    im glad it has, that means, a greater hack. I expect high things from this, very high.

Good luck.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • How do you get into the tournament?? I talked to the lady at the desk but she just said that it's a tournament I can win once, but then the text stopped. Which means I can't get in. Is there something I need to do before that??

She's just giving you some info on the tournament. That's all she ever says whenever you talk to her from the front. Try walking up between the two counters.

A whole hack, about Crystal Onyx?? Great idea. Scripting seems to have come easy for you.
    im glad it has, that means, a greater hack. I expect high things from this, very high.

Good luck.

Thank you very much! Scripting wasn't easy at first (I highly doubt it is for anybody), but I just practiced and read all the tut's.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • She's just giving you some info on the tournament. That's all she ever says whenever you talk to her from the front. Try walking up between the two counters.

I tried that too... but she says a tournament is in progress... why's that??

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Very busy week everyone, but...
    It's update time!
    Sorry, no screenies tonight :( I will say that slowly but surely the hack marches on. Scripting is going well, and all I have left to do (as far as major things go) is the tournament. Female OWs are being procrastinated upon, but will be finished and inserted in the next (and final) Alpha. After I get this bad boy done, I'll wait until I have something to call a beta before releasing anything else (unless anyone finds bugs I'll need to fix, but I doubt that :P)
    So, anyway, everyone's opinions and/or support are/is appreciated. Comments are always welcome, as long as they're not spam.
    Graduation Friday!!!!!!!!!!!11!!one!!!11!

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    its all looking very nice, except, the main character overworld isnt that good

may need improving

other wise it looks nice
    maybe change the tiles?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back