• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Crystal Prodigy (v1.1.1) + Version 2 coming in early 2024!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    New patch uploaded, which fixes the previous patch. I'm not positive this will retain your save file, so make a copy of the original ROM and 1.0 patch just in case.

Also, a new patch to come with more bug fixes. I'm aiming for this weekend but I have a lot of schoolwork so I can't promise. If I can't get it done soon it will likely have to wait until late December.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    New patch uploaded. This SHOULD retain your original save file when patched to the ROM, but make a copy of your original just in case.

This patch fixes the Odd Egg bug described here, and a breeding bug which made it impossible to obtain all 251 Pokemon. It took me a very long time to find this bug, which is part of the reason why this update took so long.

New update to come within a month or two. Go to Fuchsia City for a hint!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    New patch uploaded. The first route in the game was pretty much impassible (by accident), so make sure you apply this one before starting a new game.

Version 1.1 to come in a few weeks, with rematchable trainers, and important items (like Lucky Egg and Twistedspoon) available in the maingame. Any last-minute suggestions?

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • No last minute suggestions from me.

The only thing I would have suggested is my first point in my previous point being the Metal Coat's absence (not including wild Magnemite).

However, I'm sure you already incorporated it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    Version 1.1 released!! This is not compatible with v1.0, so make sure you are ready to start a new game before you apply the patch.

Among the requested changes, the Lucky Egg and TwistedSpoon are now available in the maingame. Regarding the Metal Coat, it had already been available in the maingame. I merely forgot to put it in the readme.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hi! Looks really promising this hack. Two questions:

Are trainers through johto and kanto with different roosts and levels?
    Can I finish the game all the way until Red?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    New patch released. This fixes the evolution bug described earlier.

Make sure to ONLY APPLY THIS PATCH IF you are playing v1.1. (If you're not sure which version you are playing, catch an Onix and level it up without holding an item. If it evolves into Bulbasaur, you are playing v1.1.) Apply the patch directly to your saved ROM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    Hello all! I am looking for playtesters for the next update of the game. The only requirements are that you need to have completed a full playthrough of vanilla Crystal, and are able to complete a full playthrough of this game within 3 weeks. Bonus points if you are a skilled player. Join my Discord server (link in the first post of the thread) and PM me there if interested!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    A few things I should note about this update, in case it attracts more playtesters:

1. This will officially be called Crystal Prodigy 2 (or 2.0 once bugs are inevitably found and then fixed). It's not exactly a sequel, but more of a "third version". Think of it as Yellow compared to Red/Blue.

2. There are significant gameplay differences, such as the Physical/Special split and Fairy type.

3. There is an optional Challenge Mode, making the game attractive to both casual players and Nuzlockers alike. To help, there are more varied encounters in virtually every area of the game, putting an emphasis on teambuilding and creating advanced strategies.

4. There are new quality of life changes, making the game more speedrun- and Nuzlocke-friendly.

Again, if you are interested, please join my Discord and PM me if interested. You can also PM me on this website.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    Update: I am set on playtesters at this point. Version 2 will be released in early 2024!

Back