• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Sprite Revamp (Animated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm good with Photoshop, just never really had any experience with GIF images in it. Once I figure out how to go to the next frame to edit, I'll start using that instead of Paint.

Booted up my copy of Photoshop, and opened a .gif. It did the same thing as GIMP - each frame was a layer. When I re-saved it to see if the animation stuck, it did. So that should work for you.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    It's only a few seconds longer, but it will remove many hours of fixing sprites with white backgrounds.

That is all. Hooray! Our project is growing!

heh :) good thing i use flash for mine;

basically i copy the entire animation in from the .gif; i export all the frames out, i revamp, then i put each one in .... much faster/easier then photoshop both in fixing the speed and in small editing like the backgrounds.

on another note, sorry for the wait ill work on the two i wanted tonight... after that imma take charmander if noone else takes before me; if they do i'll find another one to work on, no worries.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    To the person who did the mew sprite, there seems to be a little glitching on its right (so our left) hand. It seems like when it moves, it leaves behind the outline. Just a heads up.

EDIT: Also, there seems to be one frame on the dunsparce sprite where its beard thing gains a blue outline rather than the black one from the rest of the frames.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    The Mew animation doesn't show that it glows that well like the original animation does. o:

It was still a wonderful effort by ThisIsNotJared, though!
    And I must admit I think I accidentally removed some of it when I make a transparent background.

On that note, I was thinking we could have some sprite editors - people who reviewed submitted work, and if they can, change some small details so the sprite looks more professional. Does that sound like good idea? I was planning to do that at the end of the project anyway, but thought I would share it.

--

Also, in case people are wondering, you will all receive credit for your work. Credits will be added after the CSS is added, which is currently pending.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    lol i could help with that, if you want. im better at the smaller details then the full thing anyways :D

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    I can be a sprite editor. I might not be able to be on this thread that much, because of the Pokemon: Red & Blue Revamp Project I started. So, if anyone else wants to be a sprite editor, give them the spot, not me if it is the last available spot.:)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can be a sprite editor. I might not be able to be on this thread that much, because of the Pokemon: Red & Blue Revamp Project I started. So, if anyone else wants to be a sprite editor, give them the spot, not me if it is the last available spot.:)

I don't think there's any limit to spriters, if you want to do one sprite and then disappear feel free :P

Edit: Aww, looks like it's slowed down a bit today...I did a simple one, will follow up with Dugtrio in a bit. Dirt is hard.
    Edit2: Dugtrio done ;o

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    lol i could help with that, if you want. im better at the smaller details then the full thing anyways :D

Hooray!
    I think it would be best to handle that last and do all the finished touches at the end. So just keep a raincheck !

I don't think there's any limit to spriters, if you want to do one sprite and then disappear feel free :P

Yep! even doing one will give you credit!

Edit: Aww, looks like it's slowed down a bit today...I did a simple one, will follow up with Dugtrio in a bit. Dirt is hard.
    Edit2: Dugtrio done ;o

Wonderful!

--

Also, thanks to Forever, we have us some fancy css! ALL WORSHIP FOREVER!

I will add credit and everything now, so please be patient!

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    can I call Mewtwo? (I'm not the best, but I'll try...)

I can do colour restoration, but what should i do for animtion (what software?)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    can I call Mewtwo? (I'm not the best, but I'll try...)

I can do colour restoration, but what should i do for animtion (what software?)

For animation, I personally use GIMP. It's free and easy, what it does is opens the animation in layers, so if you revamp each layer individually, it will end up looking like a revamped animation. You can also use Photoshop.

Although, if you're somewhat of a beginner I personally wouldn't do Mewtwo, because it looks pretty complex. You're welcome to try though, maybe you're better than me or I'm overestimating its complexity :3

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Ok then, i relinquish mewtwo and take up the task of....something, I dunno yet

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    So I was going through Feraligatr's animation, and...

wow. That's one hell of an error, even if the animation moves so fast you're unlikely to notice it at normal speed and size - and the dark blue of the original sprite makes it hard to see black lines anyway.

Personally I'm one for correcting these more obvious mistakes in the original sprites if you come across them.

e:

Almost done, but that arm is going to take some more serious work because it's quite messed up right now

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Still, looks Wonderful, mega!

I have updated everything so far, hooray!

Done this one!
    Easy, but I think I messed the animation.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Finally ran into one where I had to resize the background since it wasn't 60x60, lol.

Years
    Ohhhhh. Right. How did I not notice this thread before? I'll do the other frames for Growlithe, Machoke, Chikorita, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery and Delibird ASAP.

EDIT: How's this for Corsola?

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Ohhhhh. Right. How did I not notice this thread before? I'll do the other frames for Growlithe, Machoke, Chikorita, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery and Delibird ASAP.

EDIT: How's this for Corsola?

Is it your first animation? It's pretty good!
    I'll help you patch it up later, but for now the project is trying to get the bulk of it done.
    And wow, that's a lot of Pokemon!

Years
    Is it your first animation? It's pretty good!
    I'll help you patch it up later, but for now the project is trying to get the bulk of it done.

Okie doke. :) It's my first go, yeah, so it's a bit rough around the edges in places.

And wow, that's a lot of Pokemon!

Well, those are all ones that I've revamped the default frame for, so I thought I could finish them off without much bother. :D

Also, is the first post formatting alright, or is it just me? o.O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back