• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Alright then. That works. I'm giving you Tentacool. You can evolve it, but it has to have Constrict and Wrap. Also, is Misdreavus allowed to evolve?

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Username: SilverSmeargleSplatter
    Pokemon Specifications: I'll use almost anything (just don't overload me on useless junk), no hacks, I don't like to get all of my Pokemon in the same place (ie. having four of the party members before the first gym), I do like Unown and don't mind them (but I don't know anything about IVs, so if someone gives me Unown, the HP can't be specific), at least one HM slave is fine
    User Specifications: Pearl, can trade, but I really don't want to trade more than two
    Pokemon team (so far):
    Gliscor - only TM moves
    Mismagius - must have Astonish
    -
    -
    -
    -
    You can get one of my favorite pokemon other than polis and Charizard and mamoswine Donphan must learn and keep rollout

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Wow, this thread got popular overnight (I was busy with sleeping and school etc.

Username: Brodioh
    Pokemon Specifications: No Legendaries, No useless pokemon unless suggesting my HMslave.
    User Specifications: Diamond, Can Trade

Team so Far:
    - HootHoot(Must always know hyponosis)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - HM Slave-

I'll give you a Happiny that must come from the egg you get at Hearthome City, and it must learn either Fling or Egg Bomb

This is probably one of the more creative challenges I've seen. I can't wait to see what you guys cook up for me.

Username: SilverSmeargleSplatter
    Pokemon Specifications: I'll use almost anything (just don't overload me on useless junk), no hacks, I don't like to get all of my Pokemon in the same place (ie. having four of the party members before the first gym), I do like Unown and don't mind them (but I don't know anything about IVs, so if someone gives me Unown, the HP can't be specific), at least one HM slave is fine
    User Specifications: Pearl, can trade, but I really don't want to trade more than two
    Pokemon team (so far):
    Gliscor - only TM moves
    Mismagius - must have Astonish
    -
    -
    -
    -

Also, I do take my time through challenges, because I'm playing two other games right now. Not a speed racer, hehe.

I'll give you a Krabby, it must have a Special Defense boosting nature

On a side note, HallWayKid is ready to start the challenge with the required Pokemon.
    I will have an update soon with my Pokemon and beating the first gym.

On another side note, why does the kid in Oreburgh City call you a noob?

Last edited:

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Username: Brodioh
    Pokemon Specifications: No Legendaries, No useless pokemon unless suggesting my HMslave.
    User Specifications: Diamond, Can Trade

Team so Far:
    - HootHoot(Must always know hyponosis)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - HM Slave-

Hmmmm, you can have a Meditite, which must always know 1 psychic move and have a + sp.attack nature(modest etc).

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Just beat Gardinia This is my team
    Team:
    Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0
    lv 22
    Moves
    powder Snow
    mud Slap
    Mud bomb
    Endure

Mudkip
    lv 20
    Moves are really bad but lol
    Mud slap
    Water Gun
    Bide
    Tackle

pikachu
    Lv 21
    Volt tackle
    Slam
    Thunder Wave
    double Team

Nidoran Male
    lv 20
    Double kick
    posion Sting
    Fury attack
    Peck

Natu
    level 19
    Peck
    night shade
    Lucky chant
    Miricle eye

Ohh Yeah and a bidoof

Cut
    rock smash

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

My Journey (Oreburgh City)

Okay, so I'm contunuing from last night's journey.

- Talked to Roark in the Oreburgh Mines
    - Smeargle became lvl 12, taught Rock Throw
    - Shieldon hatched.
    - Went to gym, defeated Roark 3-0

My Team after the battle

Smeargle (nn: Paint!)
    Lvl 12
    - Low Kick
    - Rock Throw

Sneasel
    Lvl 8
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Taunt
    - Quick Attack

Shieldon (nn: Smash)
    Lvl 10
    - Tackle
    - Protect
    - Taunt
    - Metal Sound

Monferno (Backup)
    Lvl 17
    - Rock Smash
    - Ember
    - Mach Punch
    - Taunt

Years
    Dark. vs. Light - Swablu, all moves must have less than 100 Power (STAB counts here, so for example Fly is counted as a 135 Power move, not 90)
    Brodioh - Croagunk, must always know at least 2 of the following 3 moves: Poison Sting, Taunt, Astonish
    SilverSmeargleSplatter - Bronzor, can't learn TM moves, evolve at Lv.40

Can one of my last 2 Pokemon please be able to learn Rock Climb, so i can save the slot a HM slave would need otherwise?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Dark. vs. Light - Swablu, all moves must have less than 100 Power (STAB counts here, so for example Fly is counted as a 135 Power move, not 90)
    Brodioh - Croagunk, must always know at least 2 of the following 3 moves: Poison Sting, Taunt, Astonish
    SilverSmeargleSplatter - Bronzor, can't learn TM moves, evolve at Lv.40

Can one of my last 2 Pokemon please be able to learn Rock Climb, so i can save the slot a HM slave would need otherwise?

Your Pokemon may learn whatever moves they please, as long as they fit the requirements. If you're using a HM Slave, you dont need to have all its moves to be HMs.

In other news, SilverSmeargleSplatter is now eligible to start the challenge, if he wishes to use a HM Slave.

Years
    I don't want a Pokemon that has to learn RC, i just want one that is able to, so i don't have to use a HM slave instead of a 6th Pokemon, because RC is the only HM no one in my current team is able to learn.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    heck yea, im so doing this!

Username: Sandshrew
    Pokemon Specifications: I like a nice mix of pokes from all over, does NOT want to use honey trees
    User Specifications: Diamond, no trades, no hacks
    Pokemon team (so far):
    -
    Kricketot, it must evolve and know Fury Cutter.
    - Buneary. Must be male and always know a STAB move.
    - Pachirisu
    -
    -
    -

ill dole out pokemon to the other players after i have started ;D
    I give you a Ponyta that you can't evolve until it learns Flare Blitz.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have a problem with the Krabby and Phanpy/Donphan. I'm only trading two because trading three (Gligar, Krabby, and Phanpy) at the beginning of the game gets in the way of my specifications. I can keep the Bronzor, but since I'm only trading two, to keep from getting cluttered, I can't have the Krabby.

Also, does the HM Slave have to be Bibarel?

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Also, does the HM Slave have to be Bibarel?

I wouldn't have thought that only Bibarel could be the Hm Slave. I believe that the Hm Slave can be any Pokemon of your choice.
    On the other hand, you can drop the Hm Slave altogether. I wouldn't recommend it though as, having the Pokemon you are actually using knowing Hm moves, can be quite annoying.
    Offtopic:You may notice on my signature is a banner designed for this challenge. You can't use it yet, because it is not hosted yet. Feel free to ask for anything to be changed(It says feel free but it isn't free. Jokes :) )

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh, yes. I'd like to join, if that's allright?
    Username: giradialkia
    Pokemon Specifications: No Legendaries, No having to catch a Honey tree Pokemon (but I can trade them over, I'm just not bothered to wait the hours). No useless Pokemon either please. But I like a wide variety- go crazily random- but nothing related to competetive battling, such as beneficial/hindering natures, STAB, EVs and IVs, whatever- I'm doing this to have fun, lol. And 1 HM Slave. Preferably not Bidoof/Bibarel, i'd like something different but that can learn roughly the same HMs.
    User Specifications: Diamond, can trade, starting from new game.
    Team So Far:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - (HM Slave here)

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Oh, yes. I'd like to join, if that's allright?
    Username: giradialkia
    Pokemon Specifications: No Legendaries, No having to catch a Honey tree Pokemon (but I can trade them over, I'm just not bothered to wait the hours). No useless Pokemon either please. But I like a wide variety- go crazily random- but nothing related to competetive battling, such as beneficial/hindering natures, STAB, EVs and IVs, whatever- I'm doing this to have fun, lol. And 1 HM Slave. Preferably not Bidoof/Bibarel, i'd like something different but that can learn roughly the same HMs.
    User Specifications: Diamond, can trade, starting from new game.
    Team So Far:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - (HM Slave here)

Ok, to start you off I'll give you something nice and simple(cause I'm nice like that.) Machop is my gift to you. You may evolve it to Machamp if you wish. No other special requirements are needed for this Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Giradalkia, I'm giving you Slugma. You can't evolve it at all and you have to teach it Captivate.

Lemme see...so far, I'm at...

Gliscor - TMs only
    Mismagius - must know Astonish
    Donphan - must know Rollout
    Bronzong - must know two normal-type attacks
    -
    -

Like I said, I can't do the Krabby because I'm only trading two. That and I don't think I have a Krabby/Kingler to breed on Diamond. Anyway, I still need two more. Gimme something with Flamethrower!

Years
    giradialkia - Corphish, teach it Hail

Basically the most random Pokemon i could think of now, i even didn't remember this Krabby clone's name before i looked it up =D

Years
    Team So Far:
    - Machop- No special Requirements.
    - Slugma- Must know Captivate, cannot evolve.
    - Corphish- Must learn Hail.
    -
    -
    - (HM Slave here)
    Ok, so I just need two more and an HM slave.
    SilverSmeargleSplatter, I shouldn't really do this after the Slugma (jk, lol), and I want to give you something with Flamethrower, but can't think of anything other than Ponyta. So... Take a Ponyta. It can't evolve, and must keep Fire Spin (whether it actually learns Flamethrower or not, I don't know. But if it can, then.. It can).

Last edited:

Sandshrew

Poke-n00b extraordinaire!
    Years
    Username: Sandshrew
    Pokemon Specifications: I like a nice mix of pokes from all over, does NOT want to use honey trees
    User Specifications: Diamond, no trades, no hacks
    Pokemon team (so far):
    - Kricketot (Must evolve, must learn Fury Cutter)
    - Buneary (Must know a STAB move)
    - Pachirisu (Must know Charm)
    - Gastly (Must learn Curse)
    -Ponyta (must learn Flare Blitz before it evolves)
    - HM Slave

alright im ready to start the challenge!

Update later to night cause in off to my afternoon adv physics class l8ter!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Oh, well thank you very much! I guess I'll take Bibarel as my HM Slave and I'll get started!

Gliscor - TMs only
    Mismagius - must know Astonish
    Donphan - must know Rollout
    Bronzong - two normal moves
    Ponyta - can't evolve, must have Fire Spin
    Bibarel - HM Slave

The only problem I have is trying to get the Phanpy egg. I haven't played Diamond in a long time, but apparently the clock is wrong and I can't migrate. I'm gonna try my sister's Pearl and my Platinum to see if they will, and maybe my sister will have a Phanpy to breed.

Edit; Okay, I'm about to start. As soon as I get the Phanpy egg close to hatching, I'll start Pearl over and get to the point where I can send them over.

Last edited:
    Back