• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0

Years
    I already thought of the movesets might be going to use:

Vespiquen: Heal Order, Defend Order, Toxic/Attack Order, Power Gem/Attack Order
    Luxio: Crunch, Spark, Return/Strength/Iron Tail/Thunderbolt, Return/Strength/Iron Tail/Thunderbolt
    Gastrodon: Muddy Water, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf/Rock Slide
    Chatot: Chatter/Hyper Voice, Fly, Hidden Power/Steel Wing/U-Turn, Sing/Feather Dance/U-Turn
    Beautifly: Bug Buzz, Silver Wind/U-Turn, Giga Drain, Shadow Ball

Probably i'll have to use a second HM Slave later on, for Surf and Waterfall

Restarted on Diamond, blah, caught some Shinx. Started training an Adamant one (so no T-Bolt). Got humiliated by a Level 3 Starly that got a crit in the worst possible moment.

Sphinx / Shinx m Lv. 4
    Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0

@ /
    Adamant Nature / Intimidate
    - Tackle
    Nickname shows again how creative i am =D

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out of the challenge.

It's not that I don't like the challenge at all (I made the thread), it's just that I can't seem to get motivated for it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Maybe if your team was different? :/ We can give you new Pokemon if it's that you don't like. I mean, I'm not psyched about a Donphan and a Bibarel, but I'm still going. And dude, you have the most fun Pokemon of all-- Smeargle! I would have killed to have that. (And Unown never hurt...heheh)

Update;

I just beat Roark after grinding Bath Time to level 15 so it would evolve and learn Water Gun. The other two were going to be completely useless in the gym anyway. Lucky for me though, Heidi found two Hyper Potions and a Revive. I dig that Pickup ability. I didn't need them in the gym, but I'm just saying. That'll come in handy. Anyway, I just Defense Curled a few times while Geodude tried so hard to kill Bath Time and then I W-gunned everything else away. Not that difficult. Also, I'm going to trade over a Razor Fang (since they're not obtainable until after the National Dex in Pearl) later tonight so that I can evolve Glee.

So...

Bath Time/Bibarel lv. 16
    Water Gun
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Rollout

Glee/Gligar lv. 12
    Poison Sting
    Stealth Rock
    Sand-Attack
    Knock Off

Heidi/Phanpy lv. 11
    Tackle
    Take Down
    Growl
    Defense Curl

Carrying a Machop for Rock Smash because I want Bath Time to have the decent HMs, not the crappy beginning-of-game-you'll-never-use-these-again HMs.

Last edited:

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
    Ive done a little bit so far.
    - Picked Piplup as starter.
    - Beat Barry with ease
    - Caught a female Shinx on Route 202
    - Made it to Jubilife city
    - Caught a female Zubat at Ravaged Rath

Current Pokemon

Shaw - Female Shinx - Lv 10

(Tackle, Leer, Charge)
    Ability - Intimidate

Glire - Female Zubat - Lv 5

(Leech Life, Supersonic)
    Ability - Inner Focus

Flosh - Male Piplup - Lv 5

(Pound, Growl)
    Ability - Torrent

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Oh Lord. I just teamed up with Dawn in Jubilife City, and her female Chimchar is a boy now. That's just...insane. I honestly can't believe I'm looking at this. That makes absolutely no sense.

On the other hand...this battle will give Glee lots of experience. But...!!! That Chimchar!!

Years
    Fought my way to Oreburgh, Sphinx evolved after the last battle. Caught some Geodudes in Oreburgh Mine, resetted when i ran out of Pokeballs, caught some Geodudes in Oreburgh Mine, resetted, et cetera. Later, i finally caught one with an Everstone. Made Sphinx hold the Everstone. Talked to Roark in the mine, but didn't beat the gym yet.

Team:

Sphinx / Luxio m Lv. 16

@ Everstone
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Charge
    - Bite

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Maybe if your team was different? :/ We can give you new Pokemon if it's that you don't like. I mean, I'm not psyched about a Donphan and a Bibarel, but I'm still going. And dude, you have the most fun Pokemon of all-- Smeargle! I would have killed to have that. (And Unown never hurt...heheh)

It's not the smeargle that bothers me, it's the Shieldon and it's stupid XP yield.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Brodioh, did I give you a Pokemon? I can't remember.

Bullet, if it makes you feel better, I have to have a Bronzor/Bronzong. :P It's called a challenge for a reason. Just keep chugging and Exp. Share to train it. It'll be a useful wall for gym battles and E4 battles, too.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Username: Jake♫
    Pokemon Specifications: Nothing useless, Please no Honey Trees (I just don't have THAT much patience lol)
    User Specifications: Platinum, Trades, New Game
    Pokemon on Team [so far]:
    - Buizel, Must know two non-water type attacking moves (May evolve)
    - Gardevoir, Must be male, Must know Teleport, NN: James
    -
    -
    -
    - HM Slave

Brodioh: (If you're already filled up ignore me xD) Snover, can't evolve

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Username: Jake♫
    Pokemon Specifications: Nothing useless, Please no Honey Trees (I just don't have THAT much patience lol)
    User Specifications: Platinum, Trades, New Game
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    To start you off, I'll give you a Buizel, that must know two non-water-type attacking moves.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Ok, here's my final list:
    -Finneon/Lumineon (-Speed Nature)
    -Abra (2 physical moves)
    -Budew (Can only evolve into Roselia, must know Magical Leaf)
    -Umbreon (Only attacking moves)
    -Smoochum (Must know Sweet Kiss)
    - (HM Slave)

I'll get started ASAP, maybe even tonight.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Jake, I'm giving you Gardevoir. It has to be male and have Teleport. And you have to name it James, after me. >]

Quick update;

Training to beat Gardenia. It took me forever to find freaking Ponyta. No sprites this time...

Bath Time/Bibarel lv. 24
    Water Gun
    Hyper Fang
    Rollout
    Defense Curl

Heidi/Phanpy lv. 21
    Defense Curl
    Rollout
    Tackle
    Take Down

Glee/Gligar lv. 21
    Poison Sting
    Sand-Attack
    Quick Attack
    Stealth Rock

Sonic/Ponyta lv. 14
    Tackle
    Growl
    Tail Whip

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Ok, time for a quick update before I go to bed.
    ~Started game, chose Turtwig as starter.
    ~Saw the Prof, went to Jubilife to deliver rival's package.
    ~Battles in the trainer school. Earned a Potion! Woohoo!
    ~Went North and caught myself a Budew (Modest on the first try xD), and trained it a lil'.

Current Team:
    Budew (Must know Magical Leaf, must only evolve into Roselia.)

Level 10 / Modest / Natural Cure
    --Absorb
    --Growth
    --Water Sport
    --Stun Spore

Extra: (Just had him because he was my starter.)
    Turtwig

Level 12 (I always level up my started at the beginning, it's a habit.) / Brave / Overgrow
    --Tackle
    --Withdraw
    --Absorb

Hooray.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Okay, looking back, I'm confused about Bronzor. I don't mind it at all, but someone gave me a Bronzor that had to have two normal type moves and mondays suck gave me one that had to have no TM moves and evolve at level 40. ...Eh? Which one do I keep?

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Hey guys, it's time for a mini-update. (The big update will be later)

Progress

-Made it to Jubilife City, haven't been to give my rival the parcel yet.
    -Went to train north of Jubilife, and managed to catch my Wurmple.
    -In the process of training it up as I'm typing this.

Team so far:

-Chimchar (Only for training up Wurmple.)
    -Wurmple Lv.6

That's pretty much it for this mini-update. Big update tonight.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    SilverSmeargleSplatter said:
    Brodioh, did I give you a Pokemon? I can't remember.

I'm not sure but I don't think so. I will Check.

And Jake♫ Thx for the Snover, it's one of my Favourite pokemon.

Edit: No SilverSmeargleSplatter you never gave me a pokemon

Current Team:
    - HootHoot(Must always know hyponosis)
    - Happiny(Must Be from egg in Hearthome)(Must have either Fling or Egg bomb)
    - Meditite(Always know at least 1 psychic move)(Must have a +sp.Attack Nature)
    - Croagunk (must always know at least 2 of the following 3 moves: Poison Sting, Taunt, Astonish)
    - Snover(Can't Evolve)
    -

Decided not to use HM slave

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay, looking back, I'm confused about Bronzor. I don't mind it at all, but someone gave me a Bronzor that had to have two normal type moves and mondays suck gave me one that had to have no TM moves and evolve at level 40. ...Eh? Which one do I keep?
    Whoops, i must have overlooked the post where you were given the Bronzor with two normal type moves... So i'd say just ignore the Bronzor i gave you, go with the first one

I caught a MODEST WURMPLE in a Honey Tree while looking for Combee, and guess what it evolved into... Right, Cascoon ... damn...
    Looking for a Wurmple with acceptable nature that evolves into Silcoon and a female Combee, i ran into like 5 Aipoms and a frikkin HERACROSS now, i remember i looked eternally for this thing... Well, at least i finally have the Silcoon now, a bold one, not too bad. After a modest and a timid both evolved into Cascoon...

Finally met a female Combee, but failed to catch it, i'll try again later when i've calmed down

UPDATE: Finally caught a female Combee. It's adamant so i'll go with Heal Order/Defend Order/Attack Order/Toxic. Beat Mars. Entered Eterna Forest. Currently training Combee and Beautifly.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Grinded the bugs to Lv. 21. Caught a Buizel, traded it for a Chatot. Beat Gardenia. Beat Jupiter. Saved.

Team:

Sphinx / Luxio m Lv. 24

@ Everstone
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Spark
    - Bite
    Still the same, didn't see much use since the last update

Imilont / Beautifly m Lv. 24

@ /
    Bold Nature / Swarm
    - Gust
    - String Shot
    - Stun Spore
    - Mega Drain
    Gardenia's gym was extremely easy with this thing, only the occassional poisonings were annoying
    The nickname is no fantasy character by the way, here the story how i stumbled across it: i wanted to know what this butterfly's mouth thing is called in latin and use that word as nickname since latin always sounds cool, saw that the article exists aside from german wikipedia only in estonian wikipedia, and in estonian this thing is called Imilont. That sounds pretty awesome, so i named my Beautifly Imilont =D

Finally / Vespiquen f Lv. 21

@ /
    Adamant Nature / Pressure
    - Sweet Scent
    - Gust
    - Power Gem
    I just found out a need a Heartscale to learn Defend Order, i hope the Underground works on the Emulator...

Charap / Chatot m Lv. 23

@ /
    Lonely Nature / Tangled Feet
    - Peck
    - Fury Attack
    - Chatter
    - Sing
    This thing levels up insanely fast, it grew from 21 to 23 after defeating Skuntank

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, Brodioh, I think you said that you could trade, yes? So, I'm giving you Furret. Must know Surf.

And if you can't trade and I'm just dumb and can't read, then you get super special awesome Drifloon that has to learn Explosion.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Username: Fire Wolf
    Pokemon Specifications: No useless pokemon, no very hard to obtain pokemon, would like to keep my starter (Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup. It means I'd love to keep it)
    User Specifications: Using an Emulator, can't trade. I don't have problems woth legendaries, using Plarinum
    - Grotle, can't evolve, has to have all grass type attacks.
    - Snorunt, can evolve, must always learn Protect
    - Gastly, can evolve, no ghost type moves
    -
    -
    -

Glalie, my favourite pokemon! Thanks mondays suck!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm giving you Grotle. Can't evolve and has to have all grass-type attacks. Hope that works. Also, what version are you using? It'll help when other people pick a Pokemon for you.

Back