• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Username: Zarithron
    Pokemon Specifications: must be able to evolve, and relitivily easy to get (ima newb)
    User Specifications:on platinum-not able to trade
    Pokemon on Team [so far]:
    - Finneon, must know Gust forever. Can evolve, like u wanted
    - TOGEPI egg from Cynthia in Eterna City. Can evolve when it wants. Must learn and keep METRONOME.
    - Budew,(can evolve) Needs to always know Water Sport.
    - Bidoof, can't learn HMs, must always know Tackle
    -
    -starter (somebody choose?)

could i get 1 more spot filled? ^^ and someone choose a starter for me o.o (can add things to it like a move or something o.o)

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    11wildy:
    - Kanto: Rattata, can't learn Hyper Fang or Super Fang (if it learns Hyper Fang before you get TMs, you aren't allowed to use it and have to replace it as soon as possible)
    Fine, will take it.
    - Johto: Ditto, has always to be your highest-leveled Pokemon
    I consider Ditto useless....
    - Hoenn: Spinda, can't learn Status moves (or use if it already has status moves when you catch it)
    Also fine
    - Sinnoh: Cleffa, must always keep its first 4 level up moves
    What you mean, it must know the 4 attacks it has from the beginning from teh point I catch it?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    zarithon get a piplup and it must always know whirlpool.It can only evolve when you get your last pokemon

Username:Chaos11011
    Pokemon Specifications:Any,no useless pokes (Karp,Ditto,ect.)Also pokemon from Daimond please cause i cant trade

User Specifications Daimond
    -Stunky must learn Memento cant evolve it
    -Cherrubi must learn Sunny Day can only evolve after fifth gym
    -Mime Jr.Must learn mimic may only evolve when it mimics a grass move
    -Abra,In game traded one,must learn Drain Punch
    -Starly,cant evolve till it learns take down,must learn Close Combat
    -

Right now I need a Pkmn that needs Surf

Years
    Finally it's time for an update: I beat Byron, two Galactic commanders and now i'm at Snowpoint, in front of the most annoying gym ever, i hate that snowball maze... And to make things even worse only 2 of my Pokemon are not weak to Ice.

Team:
    Pokemon D/P/Pt Scramble Challenge v2.0

Sphinx / Luxio m Lv. 42 @ Everstone
    Adamant Nature / Intimidate
    - Return
    - Thunder Fang
    - Spark
    - Crunch
    Still the same, but i plan replacing Return by Frustation later on, so i can save money by using the herbs. A core member of my team, when it dies, Golbat completely screws me over

Imilont / Beautifly m Lv. 42 @ /
    Bold Nature / Swarm
    - Giga Drain
    - Bug Buzz
    - Shadow Ball
    - Silver Wind
    Finally learned Bug Buzz, so i could delete String Shot.

Finally / Vespiquen f Lv. 42 @ /
    Adamant Nature / Pressure
    - Toxic
    - Defend Order
    - Attack Order
    - Heal Order
    Vespiquen would be one of the greatest Pokemon ever (well that's maybe a bit exaggerated....), if it wouldn't be a Bug/Flying type

Charap / Chatot f Lv. 42 @ /
    Lonely Nature / Tangled Feet
    - HP Dragon
    - Steel Wing
    - Chatter
    - Fly
    Fly>Sing because Sing is sometimes as inaccurate as Horn Drill and walking is annoying and i'll have to delete Chatter soon

The Don / Gastrodon-e f Lv. 42 @ Wide Lens
    Relaxed Nature / Sticky Hold
    - Body Slam
    - Water Pulse
    - Earthquake
    - Muddy Water
    My main team member, has great coverage and is pretty bulky. I bought a Wide Lens because Muddy Water has low acc.

HM Slaves:
    Turtwig Lv. 5 (Tackle, Strength, Rock Smash, Cut)

Psyduck Lv. 9 (Surf, Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Gun)

And i just noticed that i forgot to pick up the Rock Climb HM, so i have to walk all the way back...

- Sinnoh: Cleffa, must always keep its first 4 level up moves
    What you mean, it must know the 4 attacks it has from the beginning from teh point I catch it?
    Right, and if it doesn't know 4 moves when you catch it, you've to keep the next ones it learns by level up

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Hey guys.
    I've been thinking and I've decided that I'm not actually gonna use my HM slave anymore.
    So... could someone provide me with a sixth pokemon? (a fire type preferably)
    And in case you forgot : I'm using Platinum.

Years
    Hey guys.
    I've been thinking and I've decided that I'm not actually gonna use my HM slave anymore.
    So... could someone provide me with a sixth pokemon? (a fire type preferably)
    And in case you forgot : I'm using Platinum.

Maybe Houndoom?

St00pid 25 character rule...

Edit: @ Under me:

Oops, excuse me.:nervous:

Last edited:

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    Ok, Houndoom it is.
    Just got one thing to say though.
    Not to be "mini-modding" but next time please read the challenge rules or read a few posts back, because to give others Pokes' you must be in the challenge. (It's ok this time ;) )

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm dropping out on this challenge. For some reason, I'm compelled to do a Bibarel only run...

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I just wanted to ask something~
    If I don't want to start a new game, then I just have to take those pokemon that you guys assign me and raise them starting from my hometown and until the E4?

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Here's an update on my progress through Diamond under this challenge, as of the Valley Windworks "mission."

Current Team
    Charmander: M/Lv.10/Relaxed
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember*, Smokescreen
    Single-handedly defeated the Galactic Grunts in Floaroma Meadow who were trying to steal the honey, and who drop the key to the Windworks.

Geodude: M/Lv.13/Relaxed
    Moves: Tackle, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Rock Polish
    Sexy. Nothing else to it.

Smoochum: F/Lv.6/Lonely
    Moves: Pound, Lick
    So far: Useless.

Burmy: F/Lv.5/Lonely
    Moves: Protect
    Thank God it's female...

Buizel: F/Lv.11/Docile
    Moves: SonicBoom, Water Gun, Water Sport, Quick Attack
    DESTROYED Roark (or whatever the name of the first gym's leader is

I still have to get my 6th member of the team, Dustox. I'll be doing that in about 20 minutes or tomorrow after school. I'm proud of my progress thus far :D

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Any more pokemoN? Don't make the restrictions too hard pls.

Kanto LG
    - Lickitung, must keep Knock off.
    - Rattata, can't learn Hyper Fang or Super Fang
    -
    -
    -

Johto Crystal
    - Furret.
    -
    -
    -
    -

Hoenn Ruby
    - Skitty, must know Assist and Sing.
    - Spinda, can't learn Status moves
    -
    -
    -

Sinnoh Diamond
    - Glameow, must keep Assist.
    - Ambipom, must know Fling.
    - Cleffa, must always keep its first 4 level up moves
    -
    -

Years
    If you don't like the Ditto then i give you an Aipom that can't learn TMs. Happy with that?

Beat Candice, Vespiquen had no problems at all even though it's weak to Ice.
    Now clearing the Galactic HQ in Veilstone. And i'm planning to degrade Chatot to my Flying slave as soon as it learns Hyper Voice (because it's restriction is that it has to replace Chatter with Hyper Voice), it's just too weak, it lost against a wild low-30ish Sneasel using Icy Wind, lol

Update: I just beat Cyrus and Dialga on Mt. Coronet.
    Mars and Jupiter were not too hard, only the Skuntank caused trouble, but Beautifly and that Heracross managed to KO it.
    Cyrus was a lot harder. First was Honchkrow, which did some serious damage to Gastrodon with a single Drill Peck, but i got freezehax on it with Ice Beam, so it was easy to KO. Next was Gyarados. I thought Luxio would be too slow to KO it, so i thought Vespiquen would be able to stall this guy out, but a critical Giga Impact (what a noob, lol, he uses a hyper beam variation) ruined it. But when it had to recharge Luxio killed it with Spark. Next was Weavile. It was the easiest of all his team members, it kept using X-Scissor on Beautifly, which killed it with 2 Bug Buzzes. Crobat was more of a problem. First it Kod Beautifly because i forgot to switch. Then it got Flinchhax on Luxio 2 times in a row. But Luxio survived that, paralyzed it with Spark and KOd it. But trouble wasn't over yet, Dialga's ugly face was still on the screen. Some guys showed up and blocked my way down to any Pokemon center, so i had to fight Dialga with an almost dead Luxio and Gastrodon, which wasn't in a much better condition. I led with Luxio, but Dialga outspeeded it and KOd it with Ancient Power, luckily didn't get the boost. Now all i had left was Gastrodon and 2 HM slaves below level 10. Dialga used Dragon Claw, it took off more than the half of Gastrodon's left HP (Gastrodon would'have laughed at that at full HP, but in this situation... not), my Earthquake did a bit >50% to Dialga. And then i got lucky: Dialga was stupid, used Metal Claw, leaving Gastrodon with 22 HP, and got KOd by the next Earthquake. On my way back towards Hearthome i didn't meet any Golbats or anything else that clearly outspeeds Gastrodon (whew...), so i just arrived there safely. Next: Battling Volkner, then: off to Victory Road!

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Yup, taking him. Can he learns Hms?

Kanto LG
    - Lickitung, must keep Knock off.
    - Rattata, can't learn Hyper Fang or Super Fang
    -
    -
    -

Johto Crystal
    - Furret.
    - Aipom, can't learn any Tms.
    -
    -
    -

Hoenn Ruby
    - Skitty, must know Assist and Sing.
    - Spinda, can't learn Status moves
    -
    -
    -

Sinnoh Diamond
    - Glameow, must keep Assist.
    - Ambipom, must know Fling.
    - Cleffa, must always keep its first 4 level up moves
    -
    -

Dark.vs.Light

Budding Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    I still need my last pokemon,preferably one that can learn surf.

I don't think I've given you anything yet, so you can have a.......Barboach. You may evolve it, however it must always have at least 1 STAB move(surf, for example). But if when you catch it, it has no STAB moves then it doesn't have to have one until it learns one.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Sub-Challenge For Those In This Challenge

Record and post a video of you completing the Scramble Challenge. This includes the entire Elite Four, plus showing your team before starting the E4. Just thought it'd be a good way to show that you've done it :P

Challenge Update
    I'm about to head into the Galactic Building in Eterna City. I just received the Meadow Badge from Gardenia.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Username:Chaos11011
    Pokemon Specifications:Any,no useless pokes (Karp,Ditto,ect.)Also pokemon from Daimond please cause i cant trade
    User Specifications Daimond

-Stunky must learn Memento cant evolve it
    -Cherrubi must learn Sunny Day can only evolve after fifth gym
    -Mime Jr.Must learn mimic may only evolve when it mimics a grass move
    -Abra,In game traded one,must learn Drain Punch
    -Starly,cant evolve till it learns take down,must learn Close Combat Barboach
    -Barboach must always have a STAB Move

Im gonna start my challange now

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Username: Zarithron
    Pokemon Specifications: must be able to evolve, and relitivily easy to get (ima newb)
    User Specifications:on platinum-not able to trade
    - Finneon, must know Gust forever. Can evolve, like u wanted
    - TOGEPI egg from Cynthia in Eterna City. Can evolve when it wants. Must learn and keep METRONOME.
    - Budew,(can evolve) Needs to always know Water Sport.
    - Bidoof, can't learn HMs, must always know Tackle
    -piplup and it must always know whirlpool.It can only evolve when you get your last pokemon
    -
    could i get one more pokemon plz? :D maybe one who can learn a few hm's :P

Back