• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Daimond Begginer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    Hi

What pokemon have you started out with as I want to make up my mind
    What levels shall I train my pokemon before heaading out to the next cty and things like that

thankx

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    I chose Piplup as I think it's the cutest Gen IV starter. How high you want to go before facing the next city is up to you but for example level 10 should be plenty.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Well, for Pokemon starter, I think you should choose the one most appealing to you, so you would easily have interest on it. For moving from town to town, I recommend going lvling up to 16 (It's up to you if you will evolve your Pokemon or not) before facing your Rival for the 2nd time :D

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I don't think it matters which starter you pick. You can easily beat the game with any of them, especially as you can capture good Pokemon to add to your party. One Pokemon I recommend is Starly. It evolves into a strong Pokemon (Staraptor) that gets great coverage and can learn the HM Fly, which is incredibly convenient. The easiest starter to play with is probably Chimchar, but it has trouble with the first gym. Just pick one you like.

In Diamond, you shouldn't need to grind (train repetitively to raise your mons). Just don't avoid every single trainer battle and don't let any of your Pokemon go untrained for too long and you should be able to get past each opponent.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • I always choose Chim. And if you're starter is at level 10 or above once you are in Jubilife, you are on the right path. You should catch a Shinx too while you're at it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    I don't think it matters which starter you pick. You can easily beat the game with any of them, especially as you can capture good Pokemon to add to your party. One Pokemon I recommend is Starly. It evolves into a strong Pokemon (Staraptor) that gets great coverage and can learn the HM Fly, which is incredibly convenient. The easiest starter to play with is probably Chimchar, but it has trouble with the first gym. Just pick one you like.

In Diamond, you shouldn't need to grind (train repetitively to raise your mons). Just don't avoid every single trainer battle and don't let any of your Pokemon go untrained for too long and you should be able to get past each opponent.

Thankx I actually beat all the gim leaders pokemn with with chimchar I gave him the ht rock smash

I trained them two 20 all 3 of them before heading to the next town I havent lost a single match thankx to all of you

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Thankx I actually beat all the gim leaders pokemn with with chimchar I gave him the ht rock smash

I trained them two 20 all 3 of them before heading to the next town I havent lost a single match thankx to all of you

You will want to get rid of Rock Smash ASAP. It's weak, and outclassed by Monferno's Mach Punch (learnt at level 14) and Close Combat (level 36).

Get and use Bibarel as a HM Slave, or evolve a Bidoof. Bibarel is the greatest HM slave, learning 6/8 of them.

To answer your question, I started with Torterra, Staraptor and picked up Azelf when I could. Awesome trio of Pokémon, even if it used a Legendary.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    thanks Ill keep in touch with all of you once I progress into the game

I got a bike by the way I forgot to read how they work how?

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • You open it up from Key Items (you can register it for quick access) and use B to switch gears. The fast gear lets you travel faster but is harder to control and you can get up muddy slopes with it. Slower one goes at a steady pace and turn more easily, but you can't go up muddy slopes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Quick Question and Answer Thread
    Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your traveling stories

Discuss in the above threads. :)

Pokemon Daimond Begginer

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back