• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark Abyss

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
    Pokemon Dark Abyss

Foreword..
    Hello, all. This is my third attempt at hacking, I have failed at all the other attempts. I guess that makes me a failure. But I don't plan on giving up this time. I have a secret weapon...backup copies. Muahaha.

Legend
    Long ago, two worlds lied peacefully parallel to each other, completely unaware of each others' existence. Although both sides had many differences, on each side was a tremendous fissure swallowed in darkness.
    This monstrous crack was named the Dark Abyss.
    No one knew what lied under the dark abyss...

In the very depths of the dark abyss, Giratina slept. For a millenium it slept, undisturbed, until one day, it was suddenly enraged by an unknown force. All
    living organisms trembled under it's might. It devoured almost all people and Pokemon, searching for the cause of it's disturbance.But one day, a lone warrior named Hokkaido slayed the wretched beast, and sealed it into an opal, which was thrown into the dark abyss.

He became a wealthy noble, although something always troubled him. Some people say the loss of the opal drove hime mad. He jumped down the dark abyss, only leaving a 4 year old child.
    But this was only a legend.. or was it? (cliche, I know.)

Story
    200 years later, you are a 13 year old boy/girl living in the Hakkaido region with your grandfather. Your parents both passed away when you were a small child, leaving you with your grandfather. It is the day that you start your journey, and you try to brace yourself for the challenges ahead...
    Until you become entangled over an ancient legend, and learn of the mysterious Usaku region..
    Who are the Legend Chasers? And is the legend really real (no pun intended)?

As you unravel the countless mysteries, and attempt to save two worlds from the same fate...you learn the truth about your own self, the heir to a hero.

This feels like english class...

Features
    - 2 regions
    - new PokéWatch
    - new palettes
    - Dp pokemon
    gliscor
    gallade
    honchkrow
    mismagius
    munchlax
    porygon Z
    megayanma
    Giratina
    - All legendary Pokemon obtained through Sidequests (save giratina) Although not all obtainable
    - many optional sidequests
    - one time only events to be completed before --- and after ---
    - some other stuff

Media
    coming VERY soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    I agree with mistersmeargle, go with one starter, but make it some underdog of the Johto region.

Good ideas would be; Mareep, Teddiursa, or Houndour.

Xaivier

You trust me with a title?
    Years
    Bravo! Its a great story, I want to try the rom now.

For a starter, if you are only picking one Pick Eevee.

Since you are adding Glaceon, and Leafeon, that allows eevee to have the most diversity.

Thus allowing the player to not be pidgeonholed into a type and moveset they dislike.

(Example, I cannot stand Steel types.)

Also, since it has only two evolutions, it wont become the staple pokemon for the adventure, you wont be able to plow though the game only using eevee, you would have to catch and train a secondary pokemon as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I think that you should improve on your mapping. Go to the Rate my Map thread and check out the maps other people have made to give you an idea of what good maps look like.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    For a starter, if you are only picking one Pick Eevee.

Since you are adding Glaceon, and Leafeon, that allows eevee to has the most diversity.

Problem, Then max amount of evos one pokemon can have is five, and Eevee already has five. If you were to make Eevee the starter, make three. One that can evolve into the Kanto evos(Eevee K), One that can evolve into the Johto evos(Eevee J), And one that can evolve into the Sinnoh evos(Eevee S).

Hellsing

Years
    Thanks everyone, for your comments, and heatran, I'll go look at the rate my map thread right away.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    My top five stand-alone starters that I'm not using :) Sableye, Mawile, Shellder, Starmie and Seviper.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Your map is okay but the houses should be spread apart and the map is too empty.
    Check your map and make sure it isn't too empty or too crowded.
    I give it 3 out of 10 unfortunately.
    You have a lot of potential but i think that is all you have.
    work on your maps and get someone to rate it(a close friend) before you send it on the pokecommunity.
    story is really good though.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    That's harsh NIN, he has more than just potential. He has a geat storyline to go on and, although it has quite a few errors, his mapping is up to scratch.

Rabid_Lime, I suggest you practise mapping a bit more and get anyone except a close friend to rate your maps. That way you'll most likely get the most honest opinion. If NIN gets close personal friends to rate his maps >->;

Hellsing

Years
    Not on Hiatus, but will have a new thread sometime.

Last edited:
    Back