• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON: Dark Blaze

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Dashiel said:
    Actually if its a 'Sun type thing' its RMXP :paranoid:

Yeah, typo. You just start typing and get carried away and you type other things by mistake.

Anyway, This still is looking good! Very interesting storyline. I'm sort of doing something like that where the lab gets taken over.....I'd better not say anything more. I'll ruin the suprise. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    aight. sorry bout the deleys, been busy with school. well i still havn't done much. still up to the first town, doing all the coding etc before moving on.

oh and i changed the running to bike at the start. so you get a bike for your first thing. it was easier to do. i have added my day/night system with weekly events. so now things are clocked based. i made it so that the seconds are quicker then normal. so it dosn't take long. anywho, here are some more screenshots for you:

My day/night system with the time on the sign. pretty neat.

wow surfing at night. yes i have started my surfing system. :D

at the prof. lab, about to get your pokemon and the brilliant starting!!!!

well thats it atm. just hope you like those screens and i am still slowly working on it. thanks, all questions and comments welcome.

-jay

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    is it me or are the first 2 screenies totlay dark, i cant see anything except for the message box !?

keep it up

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    howdy peeps. thanks but no thanks, i am doing only pokemon from the pokemon games except one which i have already got. oh and if those screens r dark its cuz i use a laptop. and it looks good for me. but i'll make it lighter for everyone else. soz about that. i'll update them in a tick.

ok sorry about lack of updates but here is some more.

i havn't gotten round to doing much but i have continued the story and the battle system has been started.

now your first pokemon is growlithe. you all receive a pokemon that must be evolved by a stone of some description. once you were captured by team magma you were taken to a cave hideout. you must escape, and then you find a pokeball. you pick it up and its GROWLITHE! yay! then when you leave the cave where you found growlithe a team magma grunt apears and you get to put growlithe to the test. here is some screens of the battle system.

(note color might change but design should stay the same, any color changes or anything just tell me)

should have some more soon and a demo will be out soon. so be ready BETA testers.

oh and if anyone would like to share any tilesets with me. then please pm me. thanks a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    whats going on? this game isn't very popular. might have to shut progress off totally. but i do have some more stuff for those of you that may read it, which isn't likely cuz no one has posted for a while.

well here are some updates. i have coded in growlithe's moves, note that in the screens below growlithe shouldn't have leer or radiant heat. also, the damage is calculated and gastly will attack you.
    there is no EXP yet, still working on the images but it should be up fairly soon. what else...
    hmmm, here are the screenshots.

yeh thats right, i escaped. now i am going to kick his ***! :D

the attack menu, you can re-order attacks in the pokemon status screen. and it tells you your PP an the attack type.

omg its changed. this is what it looks like when its on leer. :D

fairly using ember on gastly. pretty good battle animations ay? :P

ouch he attacked me and got a good hit. but i bet him anyway. ;)

please if you read this make the effort to give me your thoughts and opionions as all support is greatly apreciated.

thanks to everyone. hope you enjoy this game!!!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Dont' do that. I think this game is comin along great.
    As for the night, you should probably make the tint about half or 60% of what it is now.

To get your game going, try to post screens that show off you CMS, CBS, and maps. I love your CMS style, it's very original and wesome.

Keep up the work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    yeh but thats the thing, cant you see the screens above or something? because i am showing off my best work (i think, if anyone can remember games like Pokemon: Erba which was a good hit, for those that want to no i created that), i put a lot of effort in designing the battle system...

Dont' do that. I think this game is comin along great.
    thanks for that, that does lift my confidence a lot. :)

Last edited:

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    What I'm saying is give hepeople a little variety. you have plenty of CBS pics up there, but I haven't seen near as many maps. AndI meant the inside of the CMS, like the bag. It just takes some time to get a project moving along sometimes. Trust me, even though I've been posting since I made my thread that I need a spriter, nobody's replied. Just hang in there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    yeh thanks, and the reason i havn't posted any other town shots, or routes its cuz they are still under construction, but i'll do some now. thanks for the tips and the support.

AN EDIT:

i have been reading other posts and decided to give the users some customability. if you want to put a trainer in then please post your info like this:

Name: Jay
    Taunt: What? A battle, OK then!
    Jay Wins: What? I won? What a surprise!
    Jay Loses: Yeah yeah don't rub it in.
    Pokemon: Growlithe Lv: 26, Arcanine Lv: 35
    Sprite: A link or picture that you want, incluing character set. If you don't have one i'll set one for you.

thanks again, and i look forward to seeing your ideas.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow. This game looks heaps good. I hope you continue to progress well.

pokemaster_jay said:
    whats going on? this game isn't very popular. might have to shut progress off totally. but i do have some more stuff for those of you that may read it, which isn't likely cuz no one has posted for a while.
    Well maybe wou should make a banner or something. But don't make a userbar, as it wouldn't advertise the amount of effort you have put in your game.

Good luck.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Battle system looks really good. The design is really pretty to look at which is a huge bonus.
    How many pokemon do you plan to put in the release of your game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    sorry, i'm not terribly sure what you mean by 'release'. if you mean release as in first demo you should be able to get growlithe up to level 10 and be able to catch probably 2 other pokemon. if release means as in the final copy then i want to get most of the pokemon in there but it will be like most pokemon games, some pokemon will not be able to be caught.

so that question cannot be answered yet. but thanks for the comments!!!!

Back