• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark Crystal

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
  • Pokémon Dark Crystal
    Made in RMXP.

Story

You are a trainer from a region called (I don't know yet). Professor Pine, the Pokémon professor of Windturn Town has invited you to take a Pokémon from her lab and use it on your own to fulfill your dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer. Her son who also wants to become a Pokémon trainer arrives at Windturn Town just as you leave the lab.
    During your journey you encounter various people, Pokémon, and trainers. You battle Gym Leaders as well as the Elite Four.You also meet up with an evil syndicate called Team Sandstorm who is plotting to turn the world into a giant desert and also some more sinister plans unknown to most members of their organization. Will you be able to stop their plans?

Characters

The Player
    Pokemon Dark Crystal

Pokemon Dark Crystal

A trainer who just moved to Windturn Town. Always dreamed of becoming a Pokémon Trainer.

Professor Pine
    Pokemon Dark Crystal

Professor of Windturn town. She gives you your own Pokémon.

James
    Pokemon Dark Crystal

Your rival who can be renamed at the start of the game. He is also from Windturn Town. He just returned from a training trip with his cousin. Also the son of Professor Pine.

Gym Leaders

Jacob
    Pokemon Dark Crystal

City: Poisondrop City
    Type: Poison Pokémon

Larka
    Pokemon Dark Crystal

City: Zeppelin City
    Type: Flying

Credits

-Poccil (Starter Kit)
    -4th Gen Matt (His Resource Pack)
    -Nintendo (Coming up with the idea of Pokemon and for making all of the sprites, music, etc.
    -Fangking Omega (Charsets)
    -RM2k3Kid (D/P Charsets)

This is my first game. I know nothing about Scripting and Spriting. I am not really good at mapping either. I can do some eventing and I know the basics of RMXP.
    I'm working by myself and am not planning on creating a team.
    Screenshots

Spoiler:

Demo Link
    (The Demo isn't finished yet)

Last edited:

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • I have a demo I'm going to post, but I need to fix a lot of things before I post it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • whoa, if this is your first time making a game, your gonna have a LOT of work to do. Unless you WANT to do it all, a team will be helpful in most cases (even more helpful if everyone pitches in). I can help if you want, I do some music here and there.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Umm...hate to say this, but nothing here is appealing. Your plot is unoriginal (why would you try to turn the world into a desert?), your sprites are blatantly stolen from past games, you don't even know the name of your region, your mixing Gen III and Gen IV sprites, and you have no new features.

Put it quite frankly, you have no "selling" points here. Why should anyone play your game?

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
    Years
  • Hmm...may i suggest you try making custom sprites? That would make the game look more like a different pokemon game than Ruby,Sapphire,and Emerald with D/P pokemon :)

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • Umm...hate to say this, but nothing here is appealing. Your plot is unoriginal (why would you try to turn the world into a desert?), your sprites are blatantly stolen from past games, you don't even know the name of your region, your mixing Gen III and Gen IV sprites, and you have no new features.

Put it quite frankly, you have no "selling" points here. Why should anyone play your game?

Your mean! :'(
    I'm working on the plot. I was planning on changing it anyway.

Hmm...may i suggest you try making custom sprites? That would make the game look more like a different pokemon game than Ruby,Sapphire,and Emerald with D/P pokemon

I'm not much of a spriter. The best I can to is recoloring, which comes out terrible.
    But i'll try my best.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Your mean! :'(
    I'm working on the plot. I was planning on changing it anyway.

I'm not much of a spriter. The best I can to is recoloring, which comes out terrible.
    But i'll try my best.

I mean wow. Just wow.

One, you completely ignored truthful constructive criticism and brushed it off with "your mean!" And secondly, you also ignored another point about your sprites. Anyone with half a brain can see those sprites are ripped directly from other games. How distracting is it to see Wally and have him not called Wally?

There is nothing original in your game. The plot is not original, the sprites are not original, there are no new features, absolutely no new reasons I should play your game.

Normally, I give CC on the plot, but I can't. There's nothing to say. Its almost a non-plot. An evil team trying to turn the world into a desert? Why? I mean, Team Magma/Aqua had lame ideas, but at least a lunatic could arrive at their conclusions. Not even an insane person would want a desert world.

You need to try harder.

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • I was joking about the "you're mean" part. I was going to change the plot anyway. The changing the world into a desert part is a bad idea. I know that. I'm changing it.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I was joking about the "you're mean" part. I was going to change the plot anyway. The changing the world into a desert part is a bad idea. I know that. I'm changing it.

But you ignored everything but that, and you didn't even say what you are changing it to, which could end up worse, but we can't tell because you haven't told.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • I'm sorry, no. Re-coloring Wally red does not constitute a new sprite. And changing Pine's sprite to a different Gen III sprite does not constitute a new sprite either.

You can't just recolor over an old game and call it new. You have to have something original, and quite frankly, nothing here is.

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • Is there a way that I can delete this thread? I dropped my laptop and screwed up my hard-drive. Now everything is gone so I had to get a new one. :'(

Back