• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks. Yea, there's no 6th gen starters in this hack. They will be available in DR3 which is in development. There's nothing stopping me from having them in the hack, but I just don't want them in, there's too many starters already as it is. Not to mention I already had the majority of Pokemon already inserted and ready before the info for the 6th gen starters were released. So it was too late to find room for them. Also, in this hack Fennekin is a trademark of a character named Jalice. It wouldn't feel special if other people can have Fennekin other than her.

Makes sense. How big is the pokedex for this game? And is Zen Headbutt going to be overpowered again?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Makes sense. How big is the pokedex for this game? And is Zen Headbutt going to be overpowered again?

Not sure how big, but it's very large. And no, not this time. I made sure all of the moves do exactly what they do in the real games. Even Scald, which never burned in the first one.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Not sure how big, but it's very large. And no, not this time. I made sure all of the moves do exactly what they do in the real games. Even Scald, which never burned in the first one.

Any repeatable events? Like light's battles and most story battle events would reset after leaving the area in DR1. Btw, DR is my favorite pokemon game, so when i bring up this stuff I'm not bagging on it. The events helped grind for elite 4 and the other hard battles.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • Why is scald even burning? Isn"t it suposed to be a water move?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Yes, the move Scald is a water move, but it burns in the real games.

How does Pancham evolve into Pangoro

Lv.32 like the real games.

Any repeatable events? Like light's battles and most story battle events would reset after leaving the area in DR1. Btw, DR is my favorite pokemon game, so when i bring up this stuff I'm not bagging on it. The events helped grind for elite 4 and the other hard battles.

No repeated events this time.

For beta 1, will all of the pokemon have their correct cries?

Sadly, I don't think so. I've had two people try doing this but both couldn't insert any of the cries without the hack suddenly becoming glitchy afterwards. For everyone who wants the correct new cries, you're going to have to learn how to insert cries yourself & then let me know if you personally want to insert them into this hack. Hopefully by Beta 2, I'll have someone who knows how to insert cries perfectly without other parts of the hack becoming messy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    I hope this one has less of an issue with the "difficulty curve" than the last.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I loved DR1 and love difficult games, but I hope it's not as hard but still difficult, I beat Adrian on luck hahahahaha. was a good change from the normal games though.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    No repeated events this time.

Sadly, I don't think so. I've had two people try doing this but both couldn't insert any of the cries without the hack suddenly becoming glitchy afterwards. For everyone who wants the correct new cries, you're going to have to learn how to insert cries yourself & then let me know if you personally want to insert them into this hack. Hopefully by Beta 2, I'll have someone who knows how to insert cries perfectly without other parts of the hack becoming messy.

How far will beta1 go? I remember DR1 vanilla stopped right after the Possessed Pete battle. I'm not too worried about cries, but is the ambiance/music custom or copy--paste?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
  • How far will beta1 go? I remember DR1 vanilla stopped right after the Possessed Pete battle. I'm not too worried about cries, but is the ambiance/music custom or copy--paste?

Yes, there's a good amount of changes to the music. More changes will come in updates, but the music for the first city/trainer battles/wild battles/ and other small stuff have been changed. As for the beta's length, it's much longer than DR1's first beta. This beta is 5 badges followed by the omega utopia battle. After that huge event, the beta's Still not over as there's 2 more routes to explore.

will goomy be hard to get? please dont tell me i just gave you that idea either..

Goomy won't be hard to get, but it's kinda late in the beta. It's enough time to evolve it into Goodra though. You can check out the Wild Pokemon List in the first post to see exactly where it is in the wild.

Last edited:

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Yes, there's a good amount of changes to the music. More changes will come in updates, but the music for the first city/trainer battles/wild battles/ and other small stuff have been changed. As for the beta's length, it's much longer than DR1's first beta. This beta is 5 badges followed by the omega utopia battle. After that huge event, the beta's Still not over as there's 2 more routes to explore.

Goomy won't be hard to get, but it's kinda late in the beta. It's enough time to evolve it into Goodra though. You can check out the Wild Pokemon List in the first post to see exactly where it is in the wild.

Awesome. What are the level gaps? I know in DR1 it went from level 20s suddenly to level 50s and 40s. And with Goomy, this game will be my reason for not buying X/Y. I want new gen pokemon without buying a 3DS. Do you ever plan on either accepting donations or making a hack for purchase?

Anonymous Gamer

I live for PokEmon
    Years
  • A few more days. Just a few more. Then I can live again. Already assembled a team of 6th gen pokemon. Since I already finished playing both x and y. And I'm hoping that they're available in DR2. Kudos to your team DRG.
    Who want a wifi battle against me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back