• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It seems like you are screwed man ! because there ain't no other way to get the badge when you have missed it. It is only up to some hack team member who adds something to help people
    Actually there is!

It's just extremely long and contrived, no one tells you anything even close to being about it, but you meet Groudon in the process. I don't even remember where it is but I do remember it being really silly for such an absolutely needed thing.

Hello, I seen some of the later Gen Pokemon sprites, might I recommend using the 64x64 DS Pokemon sprite resource here for the later Gen Pokemon. I know all the Gen IV and V Pokemon have been completed and are ready for Gen III Rom Hacks. They would look a bit better.
    ^This is something that should be posted on every single thing that does this. Seriously. It makes things look hilariously bad, especially on the evolutions. Every hacker should look harder than 5 minutes when looking for sprites if they're not making their own, it pays off many times over.

Is fire type attacks in this game physical or special
    Excuse me but, have you ever played Pokemon before? It's exactly like that game on GBA...
    Actually wait, there's a good reason why this should be asked and it's because of the movesets on the AI. There's a reason for no damage split being present, but I would rather not bring that back up because it resulted in drama that was deleted from the thread. Just know that the moves work off of Gen 3 mechanics and that isn't ever going to be changed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ash493;7794354[B said:
    ][/B]

You mean the reason that she run away after being objectively criticized for the bugs from DR1? :)
    No no, lol I did not mean that. How can a person have so little heart not to stand against critics. I believe she had personal reasons to abandon it

/QUOTE]

Actually there is!

It's just extremely long and contrived, no one tells you anything even close to being about it, but you meet Groudon in the process. I don't even remember where it is but I do remember it being really silly for such an absolutely needed thing.
    I am quite clueless about your answer. What are you saying?? I only answered what was best at the moment for him

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    So some of the glitches for example the glitch in the first gym leader town, can you duel that professor over and over to get exp. or will something happen to the game if you do that

KinKage

Golden Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Just finished the game, a master piece if I might say. xD, I wish her luck to DR2 hopefully she'll share it, wait didn't she make a thread on it already

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    What...? Who are you talking about? o.O
    Care to post a screen?

Cant post a screen, but after the (Possible spoiler) brock battle in atlantic city (Going through where the house the person who had dig stolen is in the normal game), if you go forward a trainer called xNova13 will say hes freinds with ash and brock, say brock has been acting weird (Guess all the freindzones finally got to him), and chalenge you to a battle.

EDIT: Didn't know at the end of atlantic cape ash refrences him:

FpSROX5.png

Last edited:

Shilver

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • I am quite clueless about your answer. What are you saying?? I only answered what was best at the moment for him

you can go back to Flamen City through a cave entrance behind Groudon after you beat it, but you must be able to use Strength outside battle in order to reach its chamber

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Cant post a screen, but after the (Possible spoiler) brock battle in atlantic city (Going through where the house the person who had dig stolen is in the normal game), if you go forward a trainer called xNova13 will say hes freinds with ash and brock, say brock has been acting weird (Guess all the freindzones finally got to him), and chalenge you to a battle.

EDIT: Didn't know at the end of atlantic cape ash refrences him:

FpSROX5.png
    Eh...? Never remember someone like this o.O Isn't it your rival or something?
    Or maybe Pete should be there... this is seriously weird o.O

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    i just started dark rising great story and challenge but i get to evil pete and it makes me keep battling him only to find it was the first beta any help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Can some please help me find the link to download this game? ive been reading the thread for way to long now, and would greatly appreciate the help! thanks a ton.

Years
  • you can go back to Flamen City through a cave entrance behind Groudon after you beat it, but you must be able to use Strength outside battle in order to reach its chamber
    Then you don't know one thing. You have to beat the gym in Iceland city in order to use HM Fly. Not in Flamen City

Can some please help me find the link to download this game? ive been reading the thread for way to long now, and would greatly appreciate the help! thanks a ton.

i just started dark rising great story and challenge but i get to evil pete and it makes me keep battling him only to find it was the first beta any help?
    Both of you should download the beta available on the first page of this thread which is the final version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    I caught a shiny taillow, and when it evolved it turned into a completely light green blob of swellow. It's just a complete green image in the shape of swellow. I can't post a picture because I don't have enough posts, but is there any way to fix my horrible luck? I've tried reloading from the last save and evolving it again.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Visual boy advance is preferred for PC, GBA4IOS is preferred for apple products, good luck.
    Actually VBA-M is all around better now. Both do the job great though.

Also for Android:
    MyBoy for older things.
    GBA.Emu in most cases.
    Retroarch if you can actually support it. It's also for Wii, iOS, and all computers if they can handle them. Just expect some unfun in getting things going.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I caught a shiny taillow, and when it evolved it turned into a completely light green blob of swellow. It's just a complete green image in the shape of swellow. I can't post a picture because I don't have enough posts, but is there any way to fix my horrible luck? I've tried reloading from the last save and evolving it again.
    Because shiny Swellow is light green...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    Visual boy advance is preferred for PC, GBA4IOS is preferred for apple products, good luck.

okay, I've got the Visual Boy advance, but the type of file that the game is an IPS file, how do i get it to turn into a GBA instead or whichever type i need it to be.

Ignore the above. I found a guide on what to do.

Last edited:
    Back