• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark - The Revival

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    The concept art looks good but IDK how good your spriting is, it can be crap, or it can be great

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    @David: We're currently awaiting our spriter(s) to sprite the starter fakemon and a couple other of the fakemon, then we'll be releasing a demo. Then you can see how good the spriting is, but honestly, I've seen some of this project's spriter's work, and I have to say, I'm very excited :)

@Crapple: Thanks for the comment, but even I know the map isn't that good xD Thank you though, it inspires me to keep trying :)

Years
  • i haven't done anything on this forum (aside from busting a thief last year) in 5 years, so don't mind me popping up. i just stopped by to defend my skills.

Last edited:

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Well since he's already shown a sprite he's done for us, I'll show you guys what another one of our spriters have done. It's not the same style as AA's, but when you have multiple spriters, there's not really anything you can do about that :P

A sprite done by Medical Meccanica, enjoy :)

I just hope this shows you guys that I actually mean business this time around, and that a demo will be here in the near future, so for now, enjoy :)

Years
  • Ooh! I like the style!

Just got done looking through all the fakemon. I'm really liking the concepts! My only concern is that there seems to be an awful lot of dog based 'mon. Personally, i'm a big fan of the dogs, i just feel like so many may get repetitive.

Otherwise keep up the good work! You've got a supporter in me!

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I understand what you're saying Nick, we've actually discussed that a while back now, but as we see it, we're keeping all concepts unless some of my designers come up with more than what is needed. I know, it can get repetitive, but that's why we're working on the dex, making cuts and everything that's needed.

Thank you for the comment though, it's much appreciated by my team and I :)

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    UPDATE

A couple quick screenies to showcase some of our new fakemon courtesy of Avicular :)

Enjoy :)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • :classic:Looks great:):\Too short of a message

I was thinking the same thing as you david, OW's could be crap but after seeing this i'm amazed, to create a fakemon from scratch after looking at a pic is pretty impressive. This game should be an awesome game if you get the support that you need, you have mine.\

The dex description should say "tries to obtain"

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing as you david, OW's could be crap but after seeing this i'm amazed, to create a fakemon from scratch after looking at a pic is pretty impressive. This game should be an awesome game if you get the support that you need, you have mine.\

The dex description should say "tries to obtain"

Bandiero is the same, both singular and plural, it's just used as a plural in the dex.

And it's great to hear I have a little more support than my staff :)

if any of you want to join the forums, feel welcome to. It's not 100% established yet, but it's close enough to where we can open it up to the public and have you guys start posting :)

Edit by Neo-Dragon: You can't link to outside forums in your sig, it's against the rules

Last edited by a moderator:

zane203

Zetsumei barer
    Years
  • Hey... im just going to point this out... lol

that bandiro pokemon can spark a big thing with your game xD. it kinda subliminally sends the message "Mexicans steal and resort to violence."

Im just saying lol...

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    zane: as Avic said, I don't really see the whole Mexican feel to it, and don't see it as much of a big deal. Now, as that is at rest for now...

WE NEED A MAPPER!!

We have custom tiles for you to use, thanks majorly to Riceeman. A mapper is near necessary for a demo to be released to you all, so for anyone that would like to help, respond here or send me a PM with an example of your work.

zane203

Zetsumei barer
    Years
  • Hey if you say so xD

and i could do "SIDE" mapping for you =Þ but i wont join the actual team. and wont be able to take on big map tasks.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Awesome Fakemon ! One of the Best I see. The only thing is that you should improve your mapping.

Gigatom~

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    @Gigatom: did you not read the rest of my posts? THE MAP ISN'T THE ACTUAL THING, and that map in no way reflects my mapping ability. I've heard the comment a billion times, stop stating the obvious based on one map that you won't even see in the game. Sorry for blowing off at you, but come on, there's only 2 pages, look at everyone else that said that exact same thing, and look at the response that I gave them.

On a side note, Riceeman has made us some awesome tiles, here I'll show you guys!

Once again, the map in no way reflects my spriting skills. lt's Just there to show you guys the tiles.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    @Gigatom: did you not read the rest of my posts? THE MAP ISN'T THE ACTUAL THING, and that map in no way reflects my mapping ability. I've heard the comment a billion times, stop stating the obvious based on one map that you won't even see in the game. Sorry for blowing off at you, but come on, there's only 2 pages, look at everyone else that said that exact same thing, and look at the response that I gave them.

On a side note, Riceeman has made us some awesome tiles, here I'll show you guys!

Once again, the map in no way reflects my spriting skills. lt's Just there to show you guys the tiles.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't read other post, my fault.
    Anyway, nice tiles, they're looking really good.

Gigatom~

Back