• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Darkness

What should I do? (I'll do what ever has the most votes first)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Pokemon Darkness

extracted from the OP's pic. this is 240x160- exactly the size of the GBA's screen. it could not possibly have been stretched as the OP claims.

Pokemon Darkness

this is the image cropped to just the scizor sprite. it is 85x69. feel free to check it out in the image editor of your choice if you don't believe me.

it's also worth nothing that the broken font scizor's name uses isn't applied to pikachu- while this is actually possible through trickery with the jp chars, i seriously doubt the op has the know-how to pull it off, and i doubt that anyone who knew how would make something that ugly and broken (seriously zoom in on it and look up close, there's unfitting white pixels everywhere).

but, since you brought lugia up:

Pokemon Darkness

here's the original picture from the OP. it is 242x158. the horizontal stretching is simply due to two columns of filler on the sides- this is compressed, not stretched, and yet the lugia is still oversized. it's also worth noting that lugia, who is already in the game, has a gender in this shot- while it could be replacing a mon it would probably be replacing a limbo slot if it was a new mon, and those are genderless by default.

i also invite users to zoom in on this shot and look below pikachu's hand- this could be innocent corruption i guess but it certainly doesn't look legit to me. it's in both the lugia and scizor shot. while we're pointing out weird stuff, why do both pikachus have 120 HP despite supposedly being 20 levels apart? and why does the male pikachu in the scizor sprite have a giant space between its name and the gender icon that the female does not have?

Pokemon Darkness

for the curious, that space shouldn't be there at all!

finally:

Pokemon Darkness

a close look at lugia's nametag reveals more stray white pixels, indicating that it has probably been doctored badly. of note is the one below the letter G, which goes lower than the vanilla font ever does. it also uses a different color than the vanilla font (which isn't completely black like this one).

i'm almost impressed at how people are defending this as valid, when honestly it doesn't even look that good to me- the sprites are absurdly pixelated, the "custom" fonts are difficult to read, and the "plot" looks like standard grimderp fare. doesn't help that there's not even any *game* here to see yet (wow 2% progress that's totally worth making a thread!)

Years
    @doesnt people is too interested in shadow pokemon and overlook things.. I didn't pay attention to any of this, but your post enlighten me.. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Not to mention that the hero's trainer sprite is 86 pixels tall:
    Spoiler:

And if you look closely at the scizor vs. pikachu screenshot you can see the shading on the "25" part is all wrong too:
    Pokemon Darkness

I guess it's an interesting idea but once you look closer you can how obviously fake it is. There are a few other things but I don't think I need to point them out, there's already enough proof and just looking through the screenshots you can see a lot of things that look a bit off.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
    Years
    Everything Doesntknowhowtoplay & Chrunch said is absolutely true looking at the screenshots better.

My question is, were these screenshots apart of the OP's first post? If so, the mods should've never approved of this hack to begin with.

Another thing to note is this person has two hack threads in the Progression Section. Does this mean his other hack, Elemental Entities, is fake too?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313464

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Everything Doesntknowhowtoplay & Chrunch said is absolutely true looking at the screenshots better.

My question is, were these screenshots apart of the OP's first post? If so, the mods should've never approved of this hack to begin with.

Another thing to note is this person has two hack threads in the Progression Section. Does this mean his other hack, Elemental Entities, is fake too?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313464

Nope, I believe that that hack have true screenshots.
    I just don't know why he tried to fake the hack T_T

ep!c

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2015
    Lol guys, if he wants to destroy his own fun by making such fakes, then let him do so.
    Ah by the way, thread maker, I get proper credits for my routines ;)

Edit: Lmao. He claimed that he inserted new tiles, but actually he just took some out of my tilebase on my website, even with the test-map I provided there xD

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
    I'm just going to step in before this gets out of hand and we have an all out war of words again. The staff is aware that there are reported issues surrounding this hack and we are attempting to handle it diplomatically. For the time being, there will be no more posts on this subject and any new ones will be removed. Please understand that it is only for the best that we stop before this escalates.

By the way, the report button actually gets to us faster than posting in a thread, so if you feel that there is ever an issue, reporting it is the fastest way to go. Please remember that in the future.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    ~karatekid552

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back