• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dawn: Revamped

What do you think of this revamped version of Dawn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    Ladies and Gents, Pokemon Dawn is back. This time I am making a ton of improvements to the game which will hopefully make it better and cut completion time. Expect a Demo soon. You may hate me for some improvements, or you may like them. Hopefully, you like them.

- Hoenn was removed from the game completely. I was contemplating removing Johto and Kanto as well, making only Lento. However, due to Johto/Kanto completion percentage, they will remain.

- Only Dawn will be made, with Midday to follow.

- 100 New Pokemon has been cut to about 50+

- Group CBS...

- Colored words have been removed.

- New message system.

- Some towns redesigned.

- And a whole lot more...

New Screens:
    A shot from outside the Violet PC. Apparently Sprout Tower was changed:

The new, boring Sprout Tower:

Taking a ride on the SS League to the Elite 4:

Olivine City:

I know it's a lot of Johto, but I did show a lot of Lento, so I thought I'd show some Johto.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    I am so glad to see you back in game making action...I played your demos a couple of times,the stroy behind them was good,but what you lacked was a battle system.So do you have it now?

rubyrulez

Years
    DarkPegasus said:
    I am so glad to see you back in game making action...I played your demos a couple of times,the stroy behind them was good,but what you lacked was a battle system.So do you have it now?

I will have it by next demo. This time I won't rush with it's release, so I have ample time to put it in.

rubyrulez

Years
    Thank You very much for your support. There are a couple of reasons why I took a brief hiatus.

1. School
    2. Work
    3. My fanfic, Pokemon: Lento Legends
    4. Recently started an animation studio as a hobby

On top of that, School will be out soon, so I can do more of all of these things. Here are more screens:

Hangin' with the Slowpoke in Azalea Town:

Azalea Gym:

Guess who moved from Hoenn:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The staircase in the second screen of your first post isn't right. Anyways, I'm glad to see this thing back in progress.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It's always good to see a game make a comeback on the forum. The map screens look great, I think the one house you showed could be filled a bit more though.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Overall a decent-looking game. Your latest screen is okay, although the stairs appear very awkward and cut-off.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    How about changing the wall tiles to something different? Maybe something custom?

rubyrulez

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    How about changing the wall tiles to something different? Maybe something custom?

Sorry, not very good with creating custom chipsets... :\

I also made an edit to the berry masters house, and made it smaller. However, I may not make all houses like this:

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I see nothing wrong with that! Looks great in my opinion.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    All of the screenshots are wonderful :) they are so well done :) Keep up the great work :)

rubyrulez

Years
    Thanks for the comments. I have decided that I will make all the Johto/Kanto houses like that. As of now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with Lento houses, but I'll keep you posted.

rubyrulez

Years
    GymLeaderLance99 said:
    This looks great so far! I played your other demo, and you did a good job with that one. BTW, is this made in RM2K3?

Yes, this is RM2K3. Thank's for the great comments! :D

I'm posting from work right now, but I should have a few more screens later tonight.

rubyrulez

Years
    Thank you Munchy. Anyways, as promised, I have a ton of new screens:

First, Kurt's House. I know it's kinda big, but I actually like it. Plus, there's room for all his stuff:

Route 33, just outside Union Cave:

Guess who we get to meet:

Hoenn was cut out due to the overwhelming work, but who says I can't bring it up in conversation:

This trade seems familiar *cough*evolutions*cough*:

And finally, the dark and scary Ilex Forest. Too dark? Let me know so I can brighten things up:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back