• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon De Puzzle

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
Years
  • Pokemon De Puzzle

Hack Information:
    This is a hack of Pokemon FireRed.
    Language :English

Status/ Progress:
    I remade the whole first post, didn't know why, looks kinda dull,
    So, i haven't been updating on this hack a lot, so I thought I might as well do it now.

I don't know why but inserting tiles have given me a lot of problems. The tile sets and
    everything could just crash out of the blue. So I've given up on this tiles for now.
    I have however been using X-Buster's ROM Base.

About the game, I have made 3 cities, 2 Routes, and 2 Optional Maps. I have decided
    to release the beta as well, so please refer to the downloads to ..well, download it.

Storyline:
    As a young trainer, you will travel around the Heiwa Region to just, travel for the fun
    of it. You will encounter various events. Some might involve a Legendary Pokemon;
    some are just plain events which will be rewarded with useful items.

Watch out for the mischievous Team Rocket as they try to cause trouble in the Heiwa
    Region. They are planning on stealing Pokemon and doing a special project with them!
    Figure out what is their plans and put a stop to it!

Media:
    Screens:
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle
    Pokemon De Puzzle

-
    Pokeball Machine edited by me.
    - In case you're wondering, the grass animation is not fixed yet. Will work on that.
    - Beach Lagoon has a Beach Market which sells weird things that are useful.

Videos:
    [None]

Features:
    - Over 30 different puzzles to be solved in the game.
    - Every Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Legendary Pokemons Obtainable.
    - Wonder Islands?
    - Legendary Pokemon are now more challenging but easier to catch.
    - Trainers are slightly easier and pays triple the amount.
    - Items are use to replace HM.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    1. Are those Puzzles going to be hard?
    Depends, if the puzzle turn out very rewarding, then yes.
    2. What are Wonder Islands?
    Wonder Islands are Islands divided into 4 with their own kind of trainers.
    3. Can I help with an Event?
    Yes, you can. Just reply a post or something. It can be a map or an idea.
    4. Can I ask a question?
    Sure, go ahead. Just ask anything you like.

Team/ Help Wanted:
    So basically, there is only me, for now.

JrRoo - Mapper, Script, etc.
    If you would like to help me out, you can send me a Map with a Puzzle in it.
    The credit will all go to you.I'm not looking for any particular puzzle map right now, so I will
    be happy to accept all kinds of puzzle which you can think of.

Credits:
    HackMew
    , for a lot of his tools.(XSE, APE, unLX-GBA, and more)
    LU-HO
    ,for his tool.(Advance Map)
    diegoisawesome, for his tutorial on XSE and his DP Font Patch.
    X-Buster, for his ROM Base.
    sab, for teaching me a few stuff when I was a noob around PokeCommunity.
    psychicboy, for helping me out at certain things when I was really stuck.

Thread Closed?
    Well, yeah..
    I don't find this hack able to continue..
    1. The game is progressing really very slow..
    2. I don't find this game to be very interesting either..
    3. I lack of some stuff for now.. Might take me some time to gather them all.. (long time)

So, maybe i'll continue this game, maybe I won't..
    I will be working on a better game though.. Sorry for all of you who got high hopes for this..

END

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I followed from your other thread and I just want to tell you to make the sprite hide forever, simply add setflag 0x200 to the script after hidesprite LASTTALKED, then open a-map and go to the map, click events, then select your overworld, in the character ID section(I think that's what it's called) put in your flag number in this case it would be 0200. Hope it help and good luck on the hack ;P

PokeBal33

Learning how to hack..
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    Cool hack, i like the tiles, i cant wait to figure out those mazes in the forest. :)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • Great ideas! I like the fact that you are going to make the game more challenging as well as including more things for the players to do. The one thing that bothers me is your maps. They seem a big basic and could certainly be improved on.

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • I followed from your other thread and I just want to tell you to make the sprite hide forever, simply add setflag 0x200 to the script after hidesprite LASTTALKED, then open a-map and go to the map, click events, then select your overworld, in the character ID section(I think that's what it's called) put in your flag number in this case it would be 0200. Hope it help and good luck on the hack ;P

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much!
    It's fixed and all better now! :]

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • I like the fact that you can script yourself. ^_^

The maze thing is a unique idea. Although people will cheat using A-map. :(

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • Cool hack, i like the tiles, i cant wait to figure out those mazes in the forest. :)
    Thankk You! There are more then just Stone Forest's maze in the Beta 1,
    Stone Forest, Puzzle Cave (For the Gym) and the Gym.
    There probably be more... :D

Great ideas! I like the fact that you are going to make the game more challenging as well as including more things for the players to do. The one thing that bothers me is your maps. They seem a big basic and could certainly be improved on.
    Hm, you're right! Thank you for your opinion, i'll change the maze to a little more
    complex.. or.. something like that.. ;)

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • I like the fact that you can script yourself. ^_^

The maze thing is a unique idea. Although people will cheat using A-map. :(

Uhh. I'll probbaly find a way to lock it..
    I did saw a post in the Documents and Tutorial on how to lock it,
    then i'll just create a backup of the original file and post the locked one for beta. :)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Uhh. I'll probbaly find a way to lock it..
    I did saw a post in the Documents and Tutorial on how to lock it,
    then i'll just create a backup of the original file and post the locked one for beta. :)

It's no use, you can easily unlock it. But nobody would go through the trouble so it doesn't matter.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • When I was referring to your maps, I meant the maps that don't include the puzzles. They seem boring and to simplistic. Your puzzle design is the best you can do and it will suit your perfectly. Adding some cut trees, rock smashes, multiple levels could in fact increase the appearance of your mazes.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Your hack is pretty original, but with a couple of nice twists. But your lack of creative storyline and the goal you set up for us to pretty much solve puzzles, it takes away the "pokemon" element from the game. I suggest to add a storyline other than choose your own path, or at least give us a goal for the player to strive to complete.

Your puzzles although is a good idea. As i said, it takes away the pokemon element of it, but adds a arcadish feeling, which instead of an instensive game, your hack could be more relaxing, which is something I haven't seen in a long time (which is also a good thing) In a way, this reminds a little bit of Pokemon Safari x3

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • When I was referring to your maps, I meant the maps that don't include the puzzles. They seem boring and to simplistic. Your puzzle design is the best you can do and it will suit your perfectly. Adding some cut trees, rock smashes, multiple levels could in fact increase the appearance of your mazes.

Oh, i see.. OK.. I get what you mean now..
    I'll try my best to improve on other maps.
    For the Puzzle Maps, they are sorted differently..
    Since it's only the begining of the game and haven' gotten the badge,
    I'm trying to make it simple yet .. not too simple.

I am going to add different levels.. I'll preview more screen shots later..

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • Your hack is pretty original, but with a couple of nice twists. But your lack of creative storyline and the goal you set up for us to pretty much solve puzzles, it takes away the "pokemon" element from the game. I suggest to add a storyline other than choose your own path, or at least give us a goal for the player to strive to complete.

Your puzzles although is a good idea. As i said, it takes away the pokemon element of it, but adds a arcadish feeling, which instead of an instensive game, your hack could be more relaxing, which is something I haven't seen in a long time (which is also a good thing) In a way, this reminds a little bit of Pokemon Safari x3

Err.. OK, let me just thank you for all the compliments first.. Thanks!! :D

Ok, I would like to create a storyline, but.. It would be a little hard for me because
    I'm not a good scripter, I can think of one story, but I would have trouble making those scripts.
    I'm actually using a Auto Script Generator called PKSV by under_score. Unless I can
    find a scripter who can help me out. :]

Anyway.. adding a goal, well, I haven't thought of that enough, what was on my mind
    was just to free roam around area and find events to complete. And maybe fight
    the so called "strongest trainer" in Utopia Island.
    but i'll still work on it..

About adding POkemon Elements.. I'm not sure what you mean.
    If i'm not wrong, you think I'll focus all on complete puzzles. right?
    Well.. if you do mean that, then..
    I'm not focusing all on puzzles. THe puzzles is just to make the event more challenging.

Lastly, about the intensive part.. Yeah. it's roughly the same reason with the scripting
    part. If I can have a good story, i'll definitely make it more interesting. but.. oh well...

Anyway, thanks again for your opinion! :]

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    hey this looks pretty cool i wish you the best of luck on this!

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
    Years
  • Update:

26 0ct 2009
    I have used new Indoor and Outdoor tiles by a few people.
    Please view the Credits section.

The Screen shots have been replaced with new ones, but sadly, it's
    only a few screen shots.

Keep checking out new tiles/ maps/ building soon!

Back